• Werner
    • Giroud
    • Kante (sub)
    • Ziyech (sub)
    • James (sub)
    • Pulisic (sub)
    • Havertz (sub)

31 minutes ago, Tomo said:

If this formation is going to be a big thing for us going forward Tuchel really needs to start playing James in the hybrid role Azpi is currently in, it was his performances in that position at youth level that put in him in the position to break through in the first place.

True, however I'll be more worried when James is not in the starting XI next season. Besides, I don't think this system is going to be here next season. We'll probably switch to a 4-2-3-1 eventually, when we have the right players.

Edited by Azul

26 minutes ago, Jason said:

I just hate how Alonso has wormed his way back into the XI despite having done absolutely nothing for ages and we now have another manager who is seemingly in love with him. He wasn't even willing to sit on the bench and back the team when he caused us to be 3-0 down at West Brom but he now gets "rewarded" because of a change in manager. I'd rather take Chilwell at his average/worst than Alonso at his average/worst!

The worst is, if TT had followed the path Lampard laid, we would probably have sold him in summer or offloaded him on loan at least. But now he will likely get an extension. I cringe at the mere thought of him sticking around. He is an absolute cancer.

Edited by Magic Lamps

39 minutes ago, Azul said:

Kante has been ineffective, Ziyech has been beyond awful, Havertz just returned from injury, Chilwell has been average as a LWB, CHO→James and Pulisic has also just returned as well. So I understand Tuchels decisions.

The only one I would like to change is Chilwell for Alonso. Alonso is a ticking time-bomb, and it's not like he is performing at a very high level.

I would also like to see James as RCB at some point. I don´t think he is that good at RWB and his qualities fit the RCB position to the point. Also, Azpi has been a great servant for many years, but he isn´t good enough to start every game anymore. 

6 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

The worst is, if TT had followed the path Lampard laid, we would probably have sold him in summer or offloaded him on loan at least. But now he will likely get an extension. I cringe at the mere thought of him sticking around. He is an absolute cancer.

It's also because of the board. We desperately need to rid ourselves of the deadwoods in the summer because we'll never build anything for the future if we keep them around! We bought Chilwell for the future but we're still playing Marcos fucking Alonso in 2021! It's just a fucking shame that Lampard was/is severely lacking in his tactical side of management! 

1 minute ago, Jason said:

It's also because of the board. We desperately need to rid ourselves of the deadwoods in the summer because we'll never build anything for the future if we keep them around! We bought Chilwell for the future but we're still playing Marcos fucking Alonso in 2021! It's just a fucking shame that Lampard was/is severely lacking in his tactical side of management! 

As long as he doesn´t play every game I don´t mind keeping Alonso. He is better than Emerson and offers a unique skill set. We can´t have a squad consisting of 20 world class players and most people will disagree, but I think he is a good back up to have in the squad. If we would sell him we will just buy another guy like Zappacosta for 25 Mio...

2020-21 UEFA Champions League, Round of 16

Atletico Madrid        1068.png&h=100&scale=crop&w=100&location=origin
Chelsea             363.png&h=100&scale=crop&w=100&location=origin

http://www.sportnews.to/mysports/2021/champions-league-atletico-madrid-vs-Chelsea-s2/#!

https://www.totalsportek.com/arsenal-streams/

281e555542254b418b8454e27838106c.png541ea1140427217647520fb0caeddac8.png

43 minutes ago, Jason said:

I just hate how Alonso has wormed his way back into the XI despite having done absolutely nothing for ages and we now have another manager who is seemingly in love with him. He wasn't even willing to sit on the bench and back the team when he caused us to be 3-0 down at West Brom but he now gets "rewarded" because of a change in manager. I'd rather take Chilwell at his average/worst than Alonso at his average/worst!

Its a bit ironic because you sat defending Werner for months when he was on his very poor spell, playing every week, where he did next to nothing for 2/3 months and wanted to keep him in the 11 despite the fact he was offering next to nothing. Cant have double standards. 

Anyway, I get it Alonso isnt everyones cup of tea but it says more about Chilwell than it does about Tuchel if I am honest. If he was playing so poorly it was unbelievable I would see why people are concerned but he has been alright. I get thats nothing spectacular but I suppose we will always find something to moan about.

Lots of talk about Suarez and Felix. Rightfully so but Llorente has been amazing this season, so versatile and active. 

I think we're going to put up a good fight and hoping for the best. Would have loved to see Chilly get a chance here but I guess TT is locked in with Alonso at the moment.

1-1 draw