• Werner
    • Giroud
    • Kante (sub)
    • Ziyech (sub)
    • James (sub)
    • Pulisic (sub)
    • Havertz (sub)

1 minute ago, Patrick Bamford said:

No Ziyech, no Havertz, no Chillwell, no Kante, no James, no Pulisic.

Spent a lot of money in the summer, for what? 

Kante has been ineffective, Ziyech has been beyond awful, Havertz just returned from injury, Chilwell has been average as a LWB, CHO→James and Pulisic has also just returned as well. So I understand Tuchels decisions.

The only one I would like to change is Chilwell for Alonso. Alonso is a ticking time-bomb, and it's not like he is performing at a very high level.

4 minutes ago, Azul said:

I personally like the line-up. I'm happy to see CHO start as a RWB instead of James, who does not offer the attacking quality. Giroud and Werner seemed to work good together against Newcastle. I can't complain about anything to be honest.

If this formation is going to be a big thing for us going forward Tuchel really needs to start playing James in the hybrid role Azpi is currently in, it was his performances in that position at youth level that put in him in the position to break through in the first place.

8 minutes ago, Patrick Bamford said:

No Ziyech, no Havertz, no Chillwell, no Kante, no James, no Pulisic.

Spent a lot of money in the summer, for what? 

Why do you want Kante shoehorned back in when Jorgi and Kova as a partnership works well?

Have we learned nothing from last season? 

Think this has the potential to be brutal. Maybe not necessarily with the score line because Atleti aren’t prime Barca or Bayern, but in terms of the pattern of play.

Can see them bullying us and with such a lightweight midfield we won’t be effective at getting any supply up to our forwards.

Hoping we keep this respectable. Don’t get embarrassed like Bayern last year.

18 minutes ago, Patrick Bamford said:

thankfully that is mostly incorrect again like vs Southampton. No idea whose nose that tool is pulling his information from.

alonso is the only correct call. fkin hate it everytime i see him on the scoresheet

4 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Think this has the potential to be brutal. Maybe not necessarily with the score line because Atleti aren’t prime Barca or Bayern, but in terms of the pattern of play.

Can see them bullying us and with such a lightweight midfield we won’t be effective at getting any supply up to our forwards.

Hoping we keep this respectable. Don’t get embarrassed like Bayern last year.

They are not exactly a big physical side themselves. actually only their defenders are somewhat physical, the rest is pretty much same built as kovacic or jorginho

10 minutes ago, Azul said:

Kante has been ineffective, Ziyech has been beyond awful, Havertz just returned from injury, Chilwell has been average as a LWB, CHO→James and Pulisic has also just returned as well. So I understand Tuchels decisions.

The only one I would like to change is Chilwell for Alonso. Alonso is a ticking time-bomb, and it's not like he is performing at a very high level.

I just hate how Alonso has wormed his way back into the XI despite having done absolutely nothing for ages and we now have another manager who is seemingly in love with him. He wasn't even willing to sit on the bench and back the team when he caused us to be 3-0 down at West Brom but he now gets "rewarded" because of a change in manager. I'd rather take Chilwell at his average/worst than Alonso at his average/worst!

3 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

They are not exactly a big physical side themselves. actually only their defenders are somewhat physical, the rest is pretty much same built as kovacic or jorginho

By bullied I don’t necessarily mean outmuscled, I just mean that they’ll harass and swarm the likes of Jorginho and not allow us to play.

8 minutes ago, Jason said:

I just hate how Alonso has wormed his way back into the XI despite having done absolutely nothing for ages and we now have another manager who is seemingly in love with him. He wasn't even willing to sit on the bench and back the team when he caused us to be 3-0 down at West Brom but he now gets "rewarded" because of a change in manager. I'd rather take Chilwell at his average/worst than Alonso at his average/worst!

Yea, it is abit of a joke that the fucker is playing in the first 11 every game now. I can see the logic in Tuchels thinking though abd for the same reason mangers before him were picking him game in, game out, is for his height on defending set prices.

1 minute ago, DDA said:

Yea, it is abit of a joke that the fucker is playing in the first 11 every game now. I can see the logic in Tuchels thinking though abd for the same reason mangers before him were picking him game in, game out, is for his height on defending set prices.

Picking a player specifically because of the height for set pieces is just stupid. How many other top sides do that? How many specifically pick a player who is bang average just because he is tall? Do we see Guardiola's side specifically just select a tall player for his height to defend set pieces? I don't know where or how we got this small-time/tragic mentality from. It's not as if Chilwell is a dwarf and has the body size of a bamboo stick either. And I don't even recall us conceding any goal from set pieces this season because of Chilwell. 

What's worse is that given we have a decent amount of days between this and Man United and Man United and Liverpool games, Tuchel would probably pick Alonso against those 2, even though they have pacey players in their squad. 

12 minutes ago, Pizy said:

By bullied I don’t necessarily mean outmuscled, I just mean that they’ll harass and swarm the likes of Jorginho and not allow us to play.

They completely sat back and let Liverpool and juventus dictate the game before , which was almost their underdoing , I wouldn’t necessarily expect them to press us hard 

13 minutes ago, Jason said:

Picking a player specifically because of the height for set pieces is just stupid. How many other top sides do that? How many specifically pick a player who is bang average just because he is tall? Do we see Guardiola's side specifically just select a tall player for his height to defend set pieces? I don't know where or how we got this small-time/tragic mentality from. It's not as if Chilwell is a dwarf and has the body size of a bamboo stick either. And I don't even recall us conceding any goal from set pieces this season because of Chilwell. 

What's worse is that given we have a decent amount of days between this and Man United and Man United and Liverpool games, Tuchel would probably pick Alonso against those 2, even though they have pacey players in their squad. 

Yh it's a weak reason to select him but there really aren't many other reasons to pick him. Tuchel did say that wad a reason for picking him a few weeks back too.

19 minutes ago, Jason said:

Fully agree, Alonso is a cockroach. He somehow survives every manager, it's embarrassing. I feel like, he'll get exposed massively in these next 3 games, I hope I'm wrong though.