• Werner
    • Giroud
    • Kante (sub)
    • Ziyech (sub)
    • James (sub)
    • Pulisic (sub)
    • Havertz (sub)

41 minutes ago, ZAPHOD2319 said:

I am really looking forward to this. I really think we can compete. I don't think we can dominate, but this is a match people can raise their game.

Hope so too.

We really could use a 'big' win to really kickstart our season. Our biggest scalp so far this season, was against an out of sort Spurs side.

A good result against Atletico is something that could spurs on to do better in the league. Didn't quite work for Liverpool, but they have different kinds of problems.

Edited by Blue Armour

Sort of the perfect storm brewing. Atleti on the back of a loss, missing few players and losing home advantage

Hope we turn up and compete. Really feel we can edge this especially since Suarez is a good finisher but is no longer the pressing machine he once was

19 hours ago, killer1257 said:

Wasn't Moses just a loan? Now he got Hakimi, who I think is world class in the offensive phase, or at least from what I remember from his BVB days. I did not watch him at Inter yet

Moses was indeed emergency cover for him at Inter. Moses is now at Spartak on loan with a compulsion to buy if they qualify for the CL. 

6 minutes ago, Jason said:

Silva not available for this game.

If we stick to 3 CBs, Christensen has to be the one in the middle (who would have thought I would push for the Dane). Zouma lacks braincells to be the middle man, just like Rudiger.

1 minute ago, MoroccanBlue said:

So our game against United is postponed?

No. It's just that the players aren't allowed to leave their home unless it's for training and matches. Not sure how helpful that will be for their mental wellbeing.

13 minutes ago, Azul said:

With Silva being out, all we can do is pray and hope we get a result. The thought of Christensen and Rudiger going up against Suarez and Felix is scary to say the least.

I think Christensen will do fine against Suarez. It's the physical strikers he does poor against. Felix I reckon will be made redundant, much like against Liverpool, as I can see Simeone sitting back vs wanting to take control as he most often does in Europe. 

5 hours ago, Milan said:

If we stick to 3 CBs, Christensen has to be the one in the middle (who would have thought I would push for the Dane). Zouma lacks braincells to be the middle man, just like Rudiger.

Agreed. If I see Zouma or Rudiger as the CCB, I will literally be doing this: 

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=DDLpKrTVJKc

Edited by King Kante