• Mount
    • Werner
    • Giroud
    • Kante (sub)
    • Ziyech (sub)
    • James (sub)
    • Pulisic (sub)
    • Havertz (sub)

As much as it would be embarrassing to crash out of the Round of 16 again, it might not be worse this time (swear I've said the same thing in past seasons, lol) as it would allow us to focus finishing in the Top 4 (god, we're becoming like Arsenal!).

10 minutes ago, Jason said:

As much as it would be embarrassing to crash out of the Round of 16 again, it might not be worse this time (swear I've said the same thing in past seasons, lol) as it would allow us to focus finishing in the Top 4 (god, we're becoming like Arsenal!).

Well we haven't gone further since 2014...what's another year. 

Be interesting game this one. AM are on a bit of a blip but they are a very good team at grinding results out I can see a 0-0 or a 1-0 AM win, which would keep the second leg alive. 

Whatever happens, please do not allow Zouma or Rudi to be playing the CCB role, if both Silva and AC cannot play, give it to Dave. No way, are we going to get away with their lack of reading the game against a canny operator like Surarez or Simeone. 

1 minute ago, Magic Lamps said:

No fucking Alonso that is all I ask for

HA HA! No way Tuchel will drop him.

Alonso is like a pest that just won't go away no matter how many times you try to kill it. Ridiculous how he's just wormed his way back into the XI because of a managerial change. 

4 minutes ago, Jason said:

Alonso is like a pest that just won't go away no matter how many times you try to kill it. Ridiculous how he's just wormed his way back into the XI because of a managerial change. 

Fingers crossed you just jinxed it 😄

7 minutes ago, Jason said:

If we're sticking with 3at the back then why not try CHO at LWB and James at RWB? 

Tuchel will never go for it but it's more dynamic ib my eyes

1 hour ago, Jason said:

Its been happening for a while really. We've slowly been shedding players with grit and footballing IQ, and instead chasing eye candy with flair and technique. The result is that we have players with specialized skills but unable to do the basic things correctly and professionally.

A player like Kovacic is symptomatic of this. A guy with such excellent close control on the ball, is unable to keep 90% of his shots low enough to hit the target.

That's why we are becoming nothing more than a top 4 team, and not a team that is able to go the whole distance and actually win a title.

27 minutes ago, Jason said:

I've said it before. It depends more on Chillwell than anyone else. 

Chillwell was dropped because of his indifferent form, rather than Alonso doing anything spectacular. Chillwell will get his chances before the end of the season, and if he steps up, he will go back into the starting 11.

1 hour ago, Jason said:

Atletico Madrid with 1 win in their last 4 games, just lost today as well. In crisis mode. 🙃

Sigh...why can't we just face a team on a winning streak instead. 😅

Hope we can nick a few away goals, regardless of the result.

7 minutes ago, Blue Armour said:

I've said it before. It depends more on Chillwell than anyone else. 

Chillwell was dropped because of his indifferent form, rather than Alonso doing anything spectacular. Chillwell will get his chances before the end of the season, and if he steps up, he will go back into the starting 11.

I think the problem is Tuchel's decision to play the back 3. He said it himself that Alonso is more suited to the system than Chilwell. 

4 minutes ago, Jason said:

I think the problem is Tuchel's decision to play the back 3. He said it himself that Alonso is more suited to the system than Chilwell. 

Alonso is obviously more experienced as a WB., but I think if Chillwell can get more used to it (in terms of when to push up and when to stay back), he can work his way back. Alonso hasn't been spectacular (barring that one goal he scored), so there's a chance for Chillwell to return sooner rather than later

Edited by Blue Armour