• Kante (sub)
    • Ziyech (sub)
    • James (sub)
    • Pulisic (sub)
    • Havertz (sub)

6 hours ago, DANILA said:

May as well go all out attack 

Which is what we should do anyway.

It would have been nice to have Silva, but a clean sheet is the least of our priorities.

Don't want a repeat of what happened in 2014 with Mourinho when we got a 0-0 against Atletico away, only to bungle it up in the return leg. 

We need to get away goals.

6 hours ago, MoroccanBlue said:

I think Christensen will do fine against Suarez. It's the physical strikers he does poor against. Felix I reckon will be made redundant, much like against Liverpool, as I can see Simeone sitting back vs wanting to take control as he most often does in Europe. 

I hope you're right bro, Suarez and Felix are levels above anything Christensen has faced this season. 

39 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

IIRC Christensen had no trouble with him in 2018. 

His pass in the first leg against Barca is what to their goal at Stamford Bridge. His displays in 2020 was awful as well, an example would be the game against Sheffield. He has a whole list of bad performances last year, however on his day he can be very good. 

I just hope he turns up, because we need every single player to be at 100%.

1 hour ago, Vesper said:

when he played he has faced

Sadio Mané   
Mohamed Salah   
Harry Kane  
Heung-min Son   

Fair enough on Mane and Salah, but he got sent off in that game...which says a lot lol. He did not face Kane if I remember correctly, and Son without Kane is basically useless. If you add everything together, then you basically can conclude that we need a miracle tomorrow.

It's crazy to see that after three years, there's hardly been any progress. Our board have been awful in the past couple transfer windows. To think that after all these we almost have the same starting line-up of players that finished 5th in the Premier League! We have the same deadwood players that have been underperforming for so many years, and we have not done enough to change our stature as a football club. It is apparent that there is some sort of player power at this football club. I hope that things will finally change in the summer, and that we can get rid of these viruses from our club.

We actually played ok v Barcelona but had a series of individual errors leading to their goals and hit their woodwork multiple times , the tactics and approach were decent considering that and the fact they were a way stronger team than us.
Liverpool dominated Barcelona one leg but lost 3-0 undeservedly, they managed to turn around 

Game day!! I am pumped. A couple weeks ago I was looking forward to this game like it was a trip to the dentist office. Now, I think we can come out of it in a good position for the second leg. No idea what will happen, but there is at least hope!

Our away game record in the Champions League knockout stage since beating Benfica (1-0) on March 27, 2012(!!!):

D 2-2 Barcelona
D 1-1 Galatasaray
L 1-3 PSG
D 0-0 Atletico Madrid
D 1-1 PSG
L 1-2 PSG
L 0-3 Barcelona
L 1-4 Bayern Munich