• Werner
    • Giroud
    • Kante (sub)
    • Ziyech (sub)
    • James (sub)
    • Pulisic (sub)
    • Havertz (sub)

1 minute ago, OneMoSalah said:

Its a bit ironic because you sat defending Werner for months when he was on his very poor spell, playing every week, where he did next to nothing for 2/3 months and wanted to keep him in the 11 despite the fact he was offering next to nothing. Cant have double standards. 

How is it double standards? One player was being played out of position and the other one wasn't/isn't. One has been at the club for less than a season and one has been around since 2016. And where did I say I wanted Werner to stay in the XI? Was I banging the drum about wanting Werner to start every game? I said nothing when he was taken off at HT at Arsenal and I said nothing when he started on the bench at Fulham and Leicester for example.

And this is also about a player who caused us to be 3-0 down at West Brom and then didn't want to be part of the team by deciding to head to the team bus after being taken off.

5 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

Anyway, I get it Alonso isnt everyones cup of tea but it says more about Chilwell than it does about Tuchel if I am honest. If he was playing so poorly it was unbelievable I would see why people are concerned but he has been alright. I get thats nothing spectacular but I suppose we will always find something to moan about.

Says more about Chilwell? Don't be stupid. It's not as if managers don't have their blind spot in football. 

15 minutes ago, Beigl said:

As long as he doesn´t play every game I don´t mind keeping Alonso. He is better than Emerson and offers a unique skill set. We can´t have a squad consisting of 20 world class players and most people will disagree, but I think he is a good back up to have in the squad. If we would sell him we will just buy another guy like Zappacosta for 25 Mio...

That is exaclty the point. he does play every game. he is not simply a back up. right now he is our starting lwb which is absolutely midboggling. Same for continuously starting jorginho and christensen. this might go well for a spell but i will sure as hell catch up with us and might very well sots us top 4

5 minutes ago, Jason said:

How is it double standards? One player was being played out of position and the other one wasn't/isn't. One has been at the club for less than a season and one has been around since 2016. And where did I say I wanted Werner to stay in the XI? Was I banging the drum about wanting Werner to start every game? I said nothing when he was taken off at HT at Arsenal and I said nothing when he started on the bench at Fulham and Leicester for example.

And this is also about a player who caused us to be 3-0 down at West Brom and then didn't want to be part of the team by deciding to head to the team bus after being taken off.

Says more about Chilwell? Don't be stupid. It's not as if managers don't have their blind spot in football. 

Was Chilwell playing well from November onwards? Because I dont think he was and dont think Alonso has really put a foot wrong despite the masses of complaining but wouldnt be Chelsea without this. Same with Mount, Jorginho and whoever else will get it this season. 

And dont start on the whole position thing again, hes basically playing the same position with TT just he comes into central areas a lot more. He still starts on the left just drifts inside and runs in behind teams more. And yes you were saying about playing him so he could eventually end his goal drought IIRC... 

Anyway, lets get a result here. Mount booking already, out of 2nd leg. 1:22 in. Some people will be happy though 😂

Edited by OneMoSalah

1 minute ago, OneMoSalah said:

And dont start on the whole position thing again, hes basically playing the same position with TT just he comes into central areas a lot more. He still starts on the left just drifts inside and runs in behind teams more. And yes you were saying about playing him so he could eventually end his goal drought IIRC... 

Jesus fucking christ.