• Kovacic
    • Mount
    • Abraham
    • Werner
    • Hudson-Odoi (sub)
    • Jorginho (sub)
    • Ziyech (sub)

14 minutes ago, DANILA said:

I don't really agree - it's been working but not working well. Our link up from mid to attack is still pretty bad - we also haven't really played any strong teams yet

Sure it's not been perfect but so far it's gotten the results with solid performances, especially defensively. I think for now it's a good idea for Tuchel to just continue steadying the ship and stick with the same formation for a while. Introducing a new formation with new player roles just before some hugely important games is not really a good idea. 

2 hours ago, Jype said:

I'll go with:

Mendy, Rüdiger, Christensen, Azpi, Chilwell, Kante, Jorginho, James, Ziyech, Werner, Giroud

Rest Kovacic, Mount and CHO for next week's tough games against Atletico and Man Utd. And Alonso 🤐

Last time against this lot Timo scored two goals, hope for the same on Saturday to boost his confidence ahead of CL.

Not a bad idea but I would def have them on the bench though

1 hour ago, DANILA said:

I don't really agree - it's been working but not working well. Our link up from mid to attack is still pretty bad - we also haven't really played any strong teams yet

Not working well? Its been plenty good imo, suddenly we are in top 4, we press well, we look much hungrier, the structure remains at a high level for full 95min. Sure its not perfect but the signs are more than pleasing. If we can keep the momentum we will be alright till summer time.

Edited by Atomiswave

Don't get me wrong, I like Tuchel's style much over Lampard's even now. It's just still not where we should be at with attacking, but I understand that Havertz, Pulisic, Ziyech aren't playing. If you look at the teams remaining in CL and how they attack as a team, we still have a long way to go. All we need until summer is top 4, and then give Tuchel a full pre season and maybe a couple of signings to get a team attack going. I think if FL were still managing we'd be battling for 8th

We need a top striker, 2 of the 3 we have are not up to the job, one is no better than an average Div2 player Abraham, the other is only good enough to come on as sub Giroud.

Werner I like but wether he's a striker or not remains to be seen.

Unless we get a decent number 9 then we're going to struggle.

Abraham back in training today. If all goes well, he'll be in the squad tomorrow.

Silva back in training but will still be out.

Pulisic has calf issues. Nothing major. Just tight. Out as a precaution. 

Havertz is back and will be in the squad tomorrow.

Owing to the AM game (followed by Utd) I am going to post three lines ups here to try and give my selection some reasoning: 

Soton 

Mendy

Zouma AC Rudi

CHO Kante Jorgi Chilwell

Ziyech Mount

Giroud 

AM

Mendy

Dave AC Rudi 

James Kova Jorgi Alonso

Mount Harvetz

Werner 

Utd 

Mendy

Dave AC Zouma 

James Kova Kante Alonso

CHO Werner/Mount

Giroud

*AC dropped if Silva is back for AM. Could possibly play as the LCB in the Utd game. 

Ugh. I haven’t liked the look of a single XI that TT has put out so far. But we keep winning.

Man, I feel terrible for Ziyech and Chilwell. Ziyech has shown sign after sign that he is extremely dangerous and with a consistent run of games could be such a key danger man for us the rest of the season. But can’t get a sniff now. Can’t understand it.

And Chilly was one of our best players under Frank and now can’t get a game either.