• Kante
    • Kovacic
    • Mount
    • Abraham
    • Werner
    • Hudson-Odoi (sub)
    • Jorginho (sub)
    • Ziyech (sub)

It is early kickoff so we will have enough time to rest and prepare for Atletico. 

Plus we have big squad so 3,4 changes are hardly going to impact the quality of the team. City is cruising the league without Aguero and KDB. System is important. 

I mean put Mendy, Chilwell, James, Kante, Pulisic maybe Ziyech or Havertz if fit and that team is even better at least on paper. 

I think for Atletico we should definitely go with more experienced players like Giroud, Kante, Azpi. 

I'll go with:

Mendy, Rüdiger, Christensen, Azpi, Chilwell, Kante, Jorginho, James, Ziyech, Werner, Giroud

Rest Kovacic, Mount and CHO for next week's tough games against Atletico and Man Utd. And Alonso 🤐

Last time against this lot Timo scored two goals, hope for the same on Saturday to boost his confidence ahead of CL.

Edited by Jype

Soton is back to being terrible. Play Pulisic and Ziyech(?) and hope they rediscover form. Also I'd like to see 4231 but looks like we're going with 3 at the back until pre season

29 minutes ago, DANILA said:

Also I'd like to see 4231 but looks like we're going with 3 at the back until pre season

Three at the back has been working really well under Tuchel so there's no need to tinker, especially with a tough run of fixtures coming up. If it's not broken, don't fix it.

If results or performances start getting worse, only then it's time to try something else. 

I don't think Tuchel is married to anything, as he showed switching to a back 4 against Barnsley at halftime. I also like he says he is not going to make changes just for the sake of change. There needs to be a reason something gives us a better chance of winning.

Edited by ZAPHOD2319

15 minutes ago, Jype said:

Three at the back has been working really well under Tuchel so there's no need to tinker, especially with a tough run of fixtures coming up. If it's not broken, don't fix it.

If results or performances start getting worse, only then it's time to try something else. 

I don't really agree - it's been working but not working well. Our link up from mid to attack is still pretty bad - we also haven't really played any strong teams yet