St. Mary's Stadium
12:30 Kick Off (UK time)

• Replies 486
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Come now mate, the games are coming thick and fast, the dude been here for 3weeks or so, new team and league etc, surely we are not pissing all over him already.

It isn’t lack of movement. It isn’t that we are static. Our decision making in the final third is simply championship level atm. 

People said we shouldn't judge Lampard after 18 months at the club but the same people now want to judge Tuchel after only 1 month into the job. 🤣

Considering we face Atletico all the way in Romania next Tuesday, I suspect there will be a few changes for this game from the Newcastle game.

It is early kickoff so we will have enough time to rest and prepare for Atletico. 

Plus we have big squad so 3,4 changes are hardly going to impact the quality of the team. City is cruising the league without Aguero and KDB. System is important. 

I mean put Mendy, Chilwell, James, Kante, Pulisic maybe Ziyech or Havertz if fit and that team is even better at least on paper. 

I think for Atletico we should definitely go with more experienced players like Giroud, Kante, Azpi. 

I'll go with:

Mendy, Rüdiger, Christensen, Azpi, Chilwell, Kante, Jorginho, James, Ziyech, Werner, Giroud

Rest Kovacic, Mount and CHO for next week's tough games against Atletico and Man Utd. And Alonso 🤐

Last time against this lot Timo scored two goals, hope for the same on Saturday to boost his confidence ahead of CL.

Edited by Jype

Soton is back to being terrible. Play Pulisic and Ziyech(?) and hope they rediscover form. Also I'd like to see 4231 but looks like we're going with 3 at the back until pre season

29 minutes ago, DANILA said:

Also I'd like to see 4231 but looks like we're going with 3 at the back until pre season

Three at the back has been working really well under Tuchel so there's no need to tinker, especially with a tough run of fixtures coming up. If it's not broken, don't fix it.

If results or performances start getting worse, only then it's time to try something else. 

• Like 1

I don't think Tuchel is married to anything, as he showed switching to a back 4 against Barnsley at halftime. I also like he says he is not going to make changes just for the sake of change. There needs to be a reason something gives us a better chance of winning.

Edited by ZAPHOD2319
15 minutes ago, Jype said:

Three at the back has been working really well under Tuchel so there's no need to tinker, especially with a tough run of fixtures coming up. If it's not broken, don't fix it.

If results or performances start getting worse, only then it's time to try something else. 

I don't really agree - it's been working but not working well. Our link up from mid to attack is still pretty bad - we also haven't really played any strong teams yet

14 minutes ago, DANILA said:

I don't really agree - it's been working but not working well. Our link up from mid to attack is still pretty bad - we also haven't really played any strong teams yet

Sure it's not been perfect but so far it's gotten the results with solid performances, especially defensively. I think for now it's a good idea for Tuchel to just continue steadying the ship and stick with the same formation for a while. Introducing a new formation with new player roles just before some hugely important games is not really a good idea. 

2 hours ago, Jype said:

I'll go with:

Mendy, Rüdiger, Christensen, Azpi, Chilwell, Kante, Jorginho, James, Ziyech, Werner, Giroud

Rest Kovacic, Mount and CHO for next week's tough games against Atletico and Man Utd. And Alonso 🤐

Last time against this lot Timo scored two goals, hope for the same on Saturday to boost his confidence ahead of CL.

Not a bad idea but I would def have them on the bench though

1 hour ago, DANILA said:

Not working well? Its been plenty good imo, suddenly we are in top 4, we press well, we look much hungrier, the structure remains at a high level for full 95min. Sure its not perfect but the signs are more than pleasing. If we can keep the momentum we will be alright till summer time.

Edited by Atomiswave
  • Jas changed the title to Southampton 1-1 Chelsea