• Kovacic
    • Mount
    • Abraham
    • Werner
    • Hudson-Odoi (sub)
    • Jorginho (sub)
    • Ziyech (sub)

2 minutes ago, Azul said:

We all know you're a Lampard fanboy mate, stop it.

Judging someone that has been here for three weeks is simply idiotic and braindead.

The first time TT was mentioned after he was sacked I said "no fucking way".

I respect SFL and always will. 

Trying to put words into my mouth is fine, but I ain't swallowing them.

I got on board the SFL out train. I can't even be arsed to dig up the posts. He lost it. It was a shame.

6 minutes ago, Vesper said:

I thought he played well, he was driving and opening up chances

I have a feeling that Tuchel has sort of taken CHO 'under his wing'. Basically he expects a lot more from him, and is trying to hold him to a higher standard. 

Granted, his decision to bring on Ziyech instead did no favors, but its simply a case of Tuchel being strict with his pupil I think.

Just now, Blue Armour said:

I have a feeling that Tuchel has sort of taken CHO 'under his wing'. Basically he expects a lot more from him, and is trying to hold him to a higher standard. 

Granted, his decision to bring on Ziyech instead did no favors, but its simply a case of Tuchel being strict with his pupil I think.

Subbing a sub is the ultimate kick in the knackers though. 

Ziyech did zero after coming on.

It was a big mistake IMHO

4 minutes ago, 0007 said:

Mount improved in the second half and was definitely the only one out of all our attackers to create something...I did not understand the persistence to play with 3 CBs when we had less than 20 minutes to play and we weren't getting the ball into dangerous positions like  we did in the first 55-60 minutes. Our final pass was lacking the whole game but we lost a bit of control after the penalty and it was painful to watch. Southampton did their homework and overcrowded the middle and made us rely heavily on our WBs but they lack the pace  to go 1on1. CHO in for Reece would have been the better sub IMO. Poor performance and shit result but we didn't lose so I can live with that. 

We have 3 massive games ahead of us which will demand better performances and I really hope we deliver. 

This is the problem

A team on the back of 6 defeats, and we have a massive defensive line up. That ironically couldn't even defend.

Azpi and James is overkill one or the other.

We know Kante and Kova don't work.

Tammy wasn't the right man - should have been Giroud. 

Zero diagonal balls and we looked awful when trying to break the press we all knew would happen in the first half.

I'm genuinely concerned for the Atleti game - but as an optimist, I'm hoping we win it.

5 minutes ago, Vesper said:

I so doubt he gets hurt, unless it is from a dive

He was still an incredible buy though- what £40ish million. The guy has single handedly transformed that team.

Had hoped one of our signings could have done that, but no sign of it so far, still could happen next season though.

5 minutes ago, Muzchap said:

The first time TT was mentioned after he was sacked I said "no fucking way".

I respect SFL and always will. 

Trying to put words into my mouth is fine, but I ain't swallowing them.

I got on board the SFL out train. I can't even be arsed to dig up the posts. He lost it. It was a shame.

You're still judging someone that has been here for 3 weeks! He took over a team that has been in one of the worst forms in the league, and he won 5 out of 7 and lost none ffs.

Give him some time and judge him next season. This is a manager that actually has a CV to back up his credentials as a manager.

I think its still premature to judge TT. He maybe got a few selections wrong today but this is the first time we have dropped points since his first game. We dropped points every week for about 2/3 months under Frank. So the improvements in results is already superior.

I think hes probably not happy with some of the players levels, such as Chilwell, Ziyech, Pulisic - more fitness wise and striking options right now bar Timo.

Should we be annoyed at dropping points v Southampton? Yes. Would we have got back into the game under Frank? Quite frankly, no and unfortunately right now that is the comparison we have to make because this group hasn’t really achieved anything to be held higher to right now.

We have bigger games coming up, two legs v Atletico is arguably the toughest games for me. Said when we drew them and people sneered at the quality of them but they are everything our sort of team struggles against; physical, organised, disciplined, with quality in defending and attacking areas. 

I think the AVB mk 2 comment is a bit OTT also. If anything it would be more appropriate to Lampard no @Muzchap? Seeing as we looked tactically incompetent and Frank lost several of the players...

Edited by OneMoSalah

5 minutes ago, lucio said:

Ziyech is a donkey , weak ass set piece merchant , why bring him on 

his corner was the last opportunity to get a shot on given how we had a height advantage with them only having 2 tall players on. he failed to beat the first man, jus tso frustrating...

19 minutes ago, Muzchap said:

The guy is fucking useless.

Happy to agree wagers for those that believe I'm wrong 👍

Think it's pretty obvious you already have a pre-conceived notion about Tuchel. Any time we don't win, it's just an opportunity for you to go all self-fulfilling prophecy on us here. 

5 minutes ago, Muzchap said:

He was still an incredible buy though- what £40ish million. The guy has single handedly transformed that team.

Had hoped one of our signings could have done that, but no sign of it so far, still could happen next season though.

Hopefully next week he can have a off day...

Thomas Tuchel hits out at Callum Hudson-Odoi ‘energy and attitude’ after hauling off Chelsea substitute

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/Chelsea-fc-news-thomas-tuchel-hudson-odoi-substitute-b920602.html

fuck

and so it begins

1 minute ago, Azul said:

You're still judging someone that has been here for 3 weeks! He took over a team that has been in one of the worst forms in the league, and he won 5 out of 7 and lost none ffs.

Give him some time and judge him next season. This is a manager that actually has a CV to back up his credentials as a manager.

Well at least you are no longer throwing insults at me 👍

Look, I won't change my mind. Maybe if he wins back to back league titles and a couple of CL finals. Then I will humbly beg for forgiveness. 

I don't know why, but I'm 100% convinced he is the wrong man for the job. What's even more bizarre is I don't even have a replacement in mind. I just 'believe' he won't be successful.

Like I have previously said. I hope I'm wrong.

3 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

I think its still premature to judge TT. He maybe got a few selections wrong today but this is the first time we have dropped points since his first game. We dropped points every week for about 2/3 months under Frank. So the improvements in results is already superior.

I think hes probably not happy with some of the players levels, such as Chilwell, Ziyech, Pulisic - more fitness wise and striking options right now bar Timo.

Should we be annoyed at dropping points v Southampton? Yes. Would we have got back into the game under Frank? Quite frankly, no and unfortunately right now that is the comparison we have to make because this group hasn’t really achieved anything to be held higher to right now.

We have bigger games coming up, two legs v Atletico is arguably the toughest games for me. Said when we drew them and people sneered at the quality of them but they are everything our sort of team struggles against; physical, organised, disciplined, with quality in defending and attacking areas. 

I think the AVB mk 2 comment is a bit OTT also. If anything it would be more appropriate to Lampard no @Muzchap? Seeing as we looked tactically incompetent and Frank lost several of the players...

Yeah possibly an unfair comparison. 😭

I will take that on the chin.

I hope he does turn out to be great. The upside of Chelsea winning and being successful is more beneficial than a dent in my personal estimation of a manager.