• Jorginho (sub)
    • Ziyech (sub)

• Replies 486
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Come now mate, the games are coming thick and fast, the dude been here for 3weeks or so, new team and league etc, surely we are not pissing all over him already.

It isn’t lack of movement. It isn’t that we are static. Our decision making in the final third is simply championship level atm. 

People said we shouldn't judge Lampard after 18 months at the club but the same people now want to judge Tuchel after only 1 month into the job. 🤣

A typical case of underestimating the opposition. Fingers crossed TT changes this shit at HT.

1 minute ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Issue isn’t getting out of the press. The issue is our final ball is dead. 

But our lack of movement makes the final ball impossible and easy to defend against.

Watch the fluidity of City. 

We are wearing concrete boots 

1 hour ago, Azul said:

I'm a Ziyech fan, but he had a stinker against Barnsley. I agree that he is a much better player than Mount, but look at it from the coach's point of view. If a player doesn't perform when given a chance, he doesn't warrant a start. I would've loved Ziyech to play today instead of Mount though, especially against Southampton.

I sometimes feel the word 'better' isn't enough to transmit the whole story. I often prefer to talk about player A being more 'talented' than player B, or about player A being more 'effective' than player B. Talent speaks of a player's technical quality, of what he can do. Effectiveness speaks about what he actually does. If we could get an honest public comment from TT I wonder if he would say that he agrees Hakim is more talented but that he believes Mason will be more effective overall. I'm not saying that is my opinion but there is a reason why TT is preferring Mason and I wonder if that might be it.

Just now, Atomiswave said:

TT really needs to work on that killer pass and all things final third concerned

It's movement. We are too static.

• Like 1

Zouma next to Thiago Silva is a beast. Zouma next to Rudiger is another Rudiger...

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

We need to change Tammy at half time with Ziyech or CHO and play Werner up top on the last man. 

Rudiger and Zouma at the back is a car crash but the biggest issue we have is our ball and decision making in the final third, has been really poor and to be honest is current the achilles heel since Tuchel has been here, it's not like we've been cutting teams open at will.

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Issue isn’t getting out of the press. The issue is our final ball is dead. 

Seriously what do people expect from Mount and Tammy? Just because they're academy graduates doesn't mean that they're good enough to start.

Get in to HT without conceding and change it up BIG. We can't continue going to the SH being toothless up front.

Southampton have been wide open and totally unable to defend for ages. And yet we can’t exploit that at all because none of our midfielders can play creative, piercing passes. Not Kante, not Mount, not Kova. 

We’re playing right into their hands.

Just now, Atomiswave said:

TT really needs to work on that killer pass and all things final third concerned

Only Kovacic, Kai and Ziyech can play those passes. 

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Milan said:

Zouma next to Thiago Silva is a beast. Zouma next to Rudiger is another Rudiger...

Thiago Silva is the brain of the defense

• Jase changed the title to Southampton 1-1 Chelsea