• Kovacic
    • Mount
    • Abraham
    • Werner
    • Hudson-Odoi (sub)
    • Jorginho (sub)
    • Ziyech (sub)

Just now, Magic Lamps said:

that's bc of our inability to find the final ball more than their press tho isn't it?

Yes, because we cannot play against a press- we are not fluid and don't move off the ball.

We just stand there and make it impossible so it needs a worldie through ball to get a chance.

So fucking annoying 

1 minute ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Issue isn’t getting out of the press. The issue is our final ball is dead. 

But our lack of movement makes the final ball impossible and easy to defend against.

Watch the fluidity of City. 

We are wearing concrete boots 

1 hour ago, Azul said:

I'm a Ziyech fan, but he had a stinker against Barnsley. I agree that he is a much better player than Mount, but look at it from the coach's point of view. If a player doesn't perform when given a chance, he doesn't warrant a start. I would've loved Ziyech to play today instead of Mount though, especially against Southampton.

I sometimes feel the word 'better' isn't enough to transmit the whole story. I often prefer to talk about player A being more 'talented' than player B, or about player A being more 'effective' than player B. Talent speaks of a player's technical quality, of what he can do. Effectiveness speaks about what he actually does. If we could get an honest public comment from TT I wonder if he would say that he agrees Hakim is more talented but that he believes Mason will be more effective overall. I'm not saying that is my opinion but there is a reason why TT is preferring Mason and I wonder if that might be it.