• Mount
    • Pulisic
    • Werner
    • Abraham
    • Emerson (sub)
    • Havertz (sub)
    • Kovacic (sub)

5 hours ago, DanP2311 said:

I am surprised so many people think FL’s job is on the line over the next couple of matches. I would find that surprising if true.

If he doesn't win against Westham then it'll start to look that way imo

Over-reaction on here as usual. 

Job on the line...:P

I wish every manager had a magic wand like we do on FIFA. Life would be so much easier. 

Also, win this and we will be 5th and just 2 points behind the 2nd placed Leicester. Lose this and we will be 9th. It just shows how close things are. One win and one loss should not decide the fate of FL. There have been a lot of positives to take from this season. 

All this bleating, all this is a must win game, all games are must win.

Lamps is doing just fine, considering he's not been able to have his preferred  front three.

I'll judge him at the end of the season, now is not the time, the knockers and haters are having a field day, everything is Lamps fault when things go wrong, when we were 17 unbeaten they stayed in their rat holes.

I get get that it's not the match supporters that feel this way it's these fucking keyboard warriors and trolls.

I just wonder have any of the knockers even been to a Chelsea game, let alone knock them.

3-1

KTBFFH

17 hours ago, Laylabelle said:

Pressure is on! Lose this and be suddenly 4 behind Man U if their game stays the same..win and go above Spurs..hurrah

we lose this, Frank's chestnuts are going to be roasting over the old yuletide fire

Just now, Jason said:

We have won and lost games with and without Ziyech and James before. So, I don't know where this "don't expect to win this without Ziyech and James" has come from. It's only two players out, not 20. If we can't win games when 1 or 2 first team players are out, then Lampard is in big trouble and maybe he isn't the right man. The club didn't spend all that money in the summer to build a strong team and have a decent squad depth, to having lower expectations when 1-2 players are out.

This. I just cannot get my head around the fact we seem to be reliant on a player that played literally like 5 games for us in total! Like seriously, wtf?

I do not think SFL's job is on the line yet. I think for that to happen we would need to lose another 3 games on the trot or something. The last two games principally looked like we were suffering from fatigue, which is also true of a number of the other top teams bar Utd and the Dippers (and even then the Dippers drew with Fulham and had to be bailed out by a penalty.) 

That said, there are a few tactical/selection choices he has made which haven't made that much sense. First is starting Harvetz in both the Wolves and Everton games, in my opinion Kova should've started with Harvetz coming on as he is clearly out of form/suffering from illness. Second are the formations, I am a massive fan of 433 for this squad but not when we do not have any wingers. In my opinion, he should have gone 343 or 352 in both those games to push James and Chilwell further up the pitch and given the opportunity for Werner to play as a SS. Lastly, in the Wolves game it was clear we were out on our feet soon after scoring the goal. That for me means you have to put Jorgi on as he is the best at keeping the ball, how he didn't see this I am not sure but for me it was very obvious. 

Anyhow, I am not too worried atm as the league is very unpredictable and the squad is still very young/new to the league. 

1 hour ago, killer1257 said:

Don't expect to win this without Ziyech and James.

Gesendet von meinem VOG-L29 mit Tapatalk

Come now mate, if thats the case we are in deeper trouble than ever. You dont need 11 WC players to win a match, tactics, motivation, hunger and desire along with game management should do the job.

Surely you are having a laugh, no?

I just think that Rice and Soucek will give our poor midfield many problems. In recent matches without Ziyech, James was our main attacking threat. Now, he is injured as well. Azpi is garbage at going forward. So our poor attackers will have almost zero help from our midfield and fullbacks. I expect a really tough match.

Maybe CHO plays and I get more confident before the match, but right now I am very pessimistic. This is the PL. West Ham has a very good squad.

1 minute ago, killer1257 said:

I just think that Rice and Soucek will give our poor midfield many problems. In recent matches without Ziyech, James was our main attacking threat. Now, he is injured as well. Azpi is garbage at going forward. So our poor attackers will have almost zero help from our midfield and fullbacks. I expect a really tough match.

Maybe CHO plays and I get more confident before the match, but right now I am very pessimistic. This is the PL. West Ham has a very good squad.

You sure have moved your goalpost, haven't you? First, it was 'we can't win games without Pulisic and Ziyech' or something those lines but now, it's 'don't expect to win without Ziyech and James'. 

As some people have mentioned before, if Lampard can't find a different way to win games apart from James' crossing and even Ziyech's, then maybe he really isn't the right man. No team who wants to succeed at the highest level can rely only on one way of attacking. 

9 minutes ago, killer1257 said:

Time to crank up the 4 4 2 FTW

We will win. I just know it. 

Chelsea don't lose 3 premier league games in a row, its not our way. 

I just hope no further injuries and eventually play a front 3 of Pulisic - Werner - Ziyech for the first time on boxing day probably.