• Mount
    • Pulisic
    • Werner
    • Abraham
    • Emerson (sub)
    • Havertz (sub)
    • Kovacic (sub)

6 hours ago, ZAPHOD2319 said:

I think the thing that is helping Frank is people are really focused on Arsenal falling apart and what will happen to Arteta. Ole had the eye of Sauron on him, but seems to have survived.

Love this post - eye of Sauron 🤣🤣🤣

So true though. 

Maybe our Hobbits can save us Frodo Pulisic and Samwell Ziyech 👍

8 hours ago, Mana said:

This is what I was also thinking when we appointed him. 

I genuinely believe though that the media will starting look at Lampard's failures if we lose to West Ham for the 3rd time in a row (all under Moyes of all people), that has never happened in our history, 3rd consecutive loss and drop to 10th in the table. 

Liked even though factually incorrect about Wet Spam.

Tsk tsk 

B- 

(Must try harder)

4 minutes ago, Jason said:

One assumes this doesn't affect the men's side since there's the bubble and all...

It's confirmed no other teams at the club have been affected.

https://www.chelseafc.com/en/news/2020/12/19/tottenham-hotspur-wsl-match-postponed?cardIndex=0-0

5 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Don't think Lampard can afford to not play Ziyech here. 

Unless he is REALLY desperate, it's not his MO to immediately start someone who just returned from injury, especially when it's a hamstring injury and after rushing back some players from injury last season. Last thing we need is Ziyech injuring himself again because we rush him back and he ends up missing more games!

1 minute ago, Jason said:

Unless he is REALLY desperate, it's not his MO to immediately start someone who just returned from injury, especially when it's a hamstring injury and after rushing back some players from injury last season. Last thing we need is Ziyech injuring himself again because we rush him back and he ends up missing more games!

I genuinely think his job is on the line Monday night. Whether it be on the bench, Ziyech needs to be involved. Not only that, Werner and Pulisic need to play in their preferred positions and to get some sort of run going. 

I never saw Salah play LW or Firmino at RW. 

Just now, MoroccanBlue said:

I genuinely think his job is on the line Monday night. Whether it be on the bench, Ziyech needs to be involved. Not only that, Werner and Pulisic need to play in their preferred positions and to get some sort of run going. 

I never saw Salah play LW or Firmino at RW. 

We obviously need to win on Monday but until we hear such stories, it's only in our imagination that Lampard's job is on the line right now. 

17 minutes ago, Jason said:

We obviously need to win on Monday but until we hear such stories, it's only in our imagination that Lampard's job is on the line right now. 

Ohh give it a sec after our game on moday if we lose....it'll sink in.

Things looking terrible in time for this match.

Modern football teams performances swing wildly with confidence levels.

Liverpool winning against nearest challengers Spurs (in a game they could have easily lost or drawn), and not to mention the timely arrival of the Fifa awards (for Klopp etc), seems to have buoyed their confidence, and it showed in their result against Palace.

Conversely, I've seen recent Chelsea teams of the past 3-4 seasons tending to 'give up' after a certain point in the season most notably when the team thinks that the title challenge is no longer realistic.

This is followed by a slump, and before you know it, there's a chasm in terms of points between the first placed team and Chelsea.

This month has been a SHITTY month of football.

In a regular season, November tends to be our bogey month, but given the delayed start to the season, December sounds about right.