• Mount
    • Pulisic
    • Werner
    • Abraham
    • Emerson (sub)
    • Havertz (sub)
    • Kovacic (sub)

Just now, Azul said:

Massive 3 points, however the result will paper over the cracks. Werner needs to be benched against Arsenal, once Ziyech returns there's no reason to bench Giroud/Tammy and Pulisic.

He is a liability and we have to take his misses seriously. Other teams would punish us for our performance today.

Yup. Ziyech, Puli and Tammy should be our front 3 vs Arsenal. Provided Ziyech is matchfit. Werner is such a confidence players its ridiculous.

Well that wasn't good but we should be mindful that last season we would've lost that, at least now we can defend which gives us a chance to pull something like this off. Further, I will take a win playing badly than play well and get a draw/loss. 

That said, midfield is a real issue at the moment as we aren't keeping hold of the ball enough. Hopefully, Ziyech can come back in and help with that. 

Not going to beat up on any players today as I do not think that is needed right now. However, Emerson did ok when he came on and Silva was man of the match. Not a glorious victory but today was all about the points so I am happy to take that. Everyone needs to remember we're still a work in progress and this season will have teething problems at times, hopefully today is a turning point and we can start playing better once we get our wingers back. 

we failed to get a clean sheet when playing like shit everytime this season till today. We would probably have won vs Wolves with today's defending on the right side.

Winning when playing badly is the mark of champions but withstanding the pressure when low on confidence and match fitness while making the best out of our few chances is commendable even if we are far from being such.

I'm extremely disappointed with Werner. It's like the same old story with us and those big money strikers. They struggle and struggle, people keep saying "give him time, he'll come good in the end", but you just know that's not going to happen. When you think that in the last 15 years we've only had Drogba and Costa who managed to meet the expectations it's mental. It's no surprise that we've won the EPL titles only with those leading the line.

24 minutes ago, Tomo said:

Still feel a bit deflated despite the score, big big improvement needed.

Yeah at one nil, I was honestly wondering if it was going to be one of those games. The sky commentators also did nothing to improve the mood by bringing up names of W Ham players that messed things up last season.

The positive is that after the second goal, we started playing more confidently and with more slick passing.

Hope that's all it was. Something to restore confidence. 

2 minutes ago, different level said:

I'm extremely disappointed with Werner. It's like the same old story with us and those big money strikers. They struggle and struggle, people keep saying "give him time, he'll come good in the end", but you just know that's not going to happen. When you think that in the last 15 years we've only had Drogba and Costa who managed to meet the expectations it's mental. It's no surprise that we've won the EPL titles only with those leading the line.

Dude go watch Suarez in his first season. Couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo.

Did he come good? 

Honestly, think we were quite poor tonight. The scoreline flatters us but hopefully that is the kick we need. We were poor throughout large parts of that game. But on positive side the defence remained steady. I think if Antonio had played, the game may have been well different. Haller looked so lethargic. I breathed a huge sigh of relief when I saw Antonio out. Azpi looked rusty but guess not too surprised when you consider that James has been the prominent RB. Praying to god that Chilwell's injury is not serious. Scoreline like I said is harsh on West Ham but Rice was top class. His passing has really gone top notch also.

Bring on Arsenal!

Just now, Vesper said:

he is not being played at striker

play him there he will instantly improve

His finishing is what worries me. In the past month or so it's Morata levels of bad. One can only hope he turns it around, but I've just got this bad feeling...

2 minutes ago, Muzchap said:

Dude go watch Suarez in his first season. Couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo.

Did he come good? 

Sure, you're probably right. Drogba's first season here was also not something to write home about. But with Werner I genuinely thought it will be different and that he'll start as a world beater kinda like Costa did.