• Havertz
    • Mount
    • Ziyech
    • Werner
    • Abraham
    • Giroud (sub)
    • Hudson-Odoi (sub)
    • Jorginho (sub)

We need to make a statement tomorrow. Our defense looks like it has massively improved, and our players showed a lot of quality attacking wise against Krasnodar who are arguably a better team than Burnley.

If we beat Burnley 4-0 as well then it shows that it is possible for us to challenge for the title with this team. I don't want to get too gassed but Liverpool are in shambles, and Man City look very ordinary this season. It's our chance to do the unthinkable, I just hope that Lampard has the tactical prowess to change our season.

4 hours ago, Azul said:

We need to make a statement tomorrow. Our defense looks like it has massively improved, and our players showed a lot of quality attacking wise against Krasnodar who are arguably a better team than Burnley.

If we beat Burnley 4-0 as well then it shows that it is possible for us to challenge for the title with this team. I don't want to get too gassed but Liverpool are in shambles, and Man City look very ordinary this season. It's our chance to do the unthinkable, I just hope that Lampard has the tactical prowess to change our season.

Burnley surely will be more of a fight than skeleton crew Krasnodar.

It depends whether Ziyech, Kai et al can handle theirthugball. Also Silva vs the much bigger men Barnes and Wood will be interesting. If we handle their phyiscality well by simply not letting them get near the bal and run them tiredwe will surely win but one bad fuckup at the back and they park the bus it will get tough.

12 hours ago, Magic Lamps said:

The first sentence is correct but neither did Higs play under Conte nor did he ever score 2 goals vs Burnley

Not under Conte but there was a completely avoidable 2-2 where Hig scored one not two

13 hours ago, Magic Lamps said:

Burnley surely will be more of a fight than skeleton crew Krasnodar.

It depends whether Ziyech, Kai et al can handle theirthugball. Also Silva vs the much bigger men Barnes and Wood will be interesting. If we handle their phyiscality well by simply not letting them get near the bal and run them tiredwe will surely win but one bad fuckup at the back and they park the bus it will get tough.

Burnley will be tough when it comes to their physicality, I don't think they offer anything offensively. In my opinion, the lesser teams in CL are tougher than Burnley if you compare the teams. However 99% is about mentality in football, and I think that Chelsea and other PL teams see Burnley as a tough side which already gives them some sort of an edge.

7 minutes ago, lucio said:

Nice but it’s shameful to leave kovacic out entirely unless he is injured 

As long as he starts games like midweek its okay to leave people out of the bench I think

Attack minded benches are more useful 

Kinda interesting lineup. will be nice to see how Kai performs in a 4-3-3. Other than Werner he surely did not overexert himself in midweek so should be fresh. No idea what is up with kovacic lately. He is so good on ball could be useful in matches like these were we need to beat players 1on1