• Mount
    • Ziyech
    • Werner
    • Abraham
    • Giroud (sub)
    • Hudson-Odoi (sub)
    • Jorginho (sub)

11 hours ago, Azul said:

I'm very intrigued to see how 4-3-3 with Kai, Mount and Kante is going to work. As soon as that change was made against Krasnodar there were so many positives that came with it. Havertz and Mount had so much freedom because Kante sat back and locked everything down. All the passes were directly going forward instead of sideways which almost brought a tear to my eye lol. Even though I criticise Lampard a lot, I have to give him props for that.

No more Jorginho means: no more sideways passing and no more shit defending. Mason Mount in a 4-3-3 offers defensively and offensively more than Jorginho.

Let's just hope Lampard really tries to go for the win, and set's his team up that way. We'd send a message to the Prem if we get a cleansheet and score a lot of goals against Burnley.

I too would like to see how that middle line fares in a league match, with Mount and Kante as disrupters and protectors of the back line. Neither excels at link up play, but the wingbacks do, and if Havertz comes back to get the ball, that might make for a powerful lineup. The front 4 haven’t had much time together on the pitch yet (with Ziyech right, Pulisic left), so they are still learning each others tendencies. It takes time to gel. Given the crowded schedule, they may not get a lot of time together. Both Werner and Havertz played the entire 90 yesterday, right? Frank may rest them. Or perhaps he is just trying to keep a squad happy, and flexible in terms of lineups in the hope that everybody will learn to play with everybody, in various positions, effectively when all is said and done.

Frank said something interesting a week or so ago. He said that with all the matches condensed that the team is not able to get as much training as last year. It seems he is backing off how hard he is pushing in training. The muscle injuries seem to be not as bad, still early in the season though. I hope this continues. Leave Timo and Kai on the bench and bring them in if the attack needs a boost.

11 minutes ago, ZAPHOD2319 said:

Frank said something interesting a week or so ago. He said that with all the matches condensed that the team is not able to get as much training as last year. It seems he is backing off how hard he is pushing in training. The muscle injuries seem to be not as bad, still early in the season though. I hope this continues. Leave Timo and Kai on the bench and bring them in if the attack needs a boost.

Err, that's nothing new? When teams have to play every 3-4 days, the focus in between games is always focused more on recovery than training. Managers don't have much room to do training like they would want to in normal circumstances. 

If/when we have muscle injuries this season, it'll likely be because of someone has played too many games etc, like we have seen with other clubs. 

Burnley play well as a team and deny any kind of space.

Spurs really struggled against them and it was a bit of luck from Son that won them the match - well I stopped watching after they scored... 

It will be a tricky game - Giroud has to start IMHO they dominate in the air and he is the only one capable of winning a header. Abraham for some reason cannot head for sh*t.

41 minutes ago, Muzchap said:

Burnley play well as a team and deny any kind of space.

Spurs really struggled against them and it was a bit of luck from Son that won them the match - well I stopped watching after they scored... 

It will be a tricky game - Giroud has to start IMHO they dominate in the air and he is the only one capable of winning a header. Abraham for some reason cannot head for sh*t.

Burnley aren't actually that tough a game in general, 3 of our easiest games of the last two season's came against them, compared to previous era's of  "those" type of teams like Stoke and Big Sam's Bolton they're a long way off in terms of making it tough for the big boys.

if we drop points it will be a lot more likely to be down to tiredness than anything particularly special Burnley have done.

15 minutes ago, Tomo said:

if we drop points it will be a lot more likely to be down to tiredness than anything particularly special Burnley have done.

Tiredness cannot be excuse. Silva, James, Kante, Mount, Pulisic will start and they did not start last game. Probably Giroud/Abraham too and Mendy is GK. Ziyech worked on his fitness a lot and he just had his first start. Kova also did not play a lot and I think Jorginho will not start.

I feel like German boys wont start either. So Chilwell is the only one who may be tired with Zouma but than again would not be surprised if Zouma is also rested here.

6 hours ago, NikkiCFC said:

Tiredness cannot be excuse. Silva, James, Kante, Mount, Pulisic will start and they did not start last game. Probably Giroud/Abraham too and Mendy is GK. Ziyech worked on his fitness a lot and he just had his first start. Kova also did not play a lot and I think Jorginho will not start.

I feel like German boys wont start either. So Chilwell is the only one who may be tired with Zouma but than again would not be surprised if Zouma is also rested here.

I yeah, that’s a little bit disrespectful. I expect that will motivate Burnley.

14 hours ago, Hutcho said:

I'd love to see a 4 - 3 - 3

Mendy

James silva zouma Chilwell

Kante

Mount kai

Ziyech pulisic

Werner

That'd be the dream. Could rest kai for Kova easily. Mount defo starts for me as he's fresh as anything and in a midfield 3 he's key

But I imagine it'll be 4-2-3-1

Same back line

But

Jorgi kante

Ziyech havertz pulisic

Werner

Werner will struggle playing as lone striker. 

10 hours ago, Tomo said:

Burnley aren't actually that tough a game in general, 3 of our easiest games of the last two season's came against them, compared to previous era's of  "those" type of teams like Stoke and Big Sam's Bolton they're a long way off in terms of making it tough for the big boys.

We have a good record against Burnley. I don't know where this Burnley is tough cliche comes from. 

Mendy

James Silva Zouma Chilwell

Kante

Mount Havertz

Ziyech Giroud Pulisic

that's the team I would like to see. Lamps will propably start Werner or Abraham instead of Giroud (I am ok with that), and I am afraid he will start Jorginho instead of Mount/Havertz (and that will be a tragedy)

7 hours ago, Strike said:

We have a good record against Burnley. I don't know where this Burnley is tough cliche comes from. 

Define "good record" - points dropped against Burnley or matches lost against Burnley?

Because last season was the first time since 2009/10 that we did the league double over them. In the seasons between - whenever they were in the Premier League - we dropped points against them in at least 1 of the 2 league games. 

8 minutes ago, Jason said:

Define "good record" - points dropped against Burnley or matches lost against Burnley?

Because last season was the first time since 2009/10 that we did the league double over them. In the seasons between - whenever they were in the Premier League - we dropped points against them in at least 1 of the 2 league games. 

12 league games, 3 draws, 1 loss, 8 wins should be counted as a good record. 

8 hours ago, Strike said:

Wouldn't say so much them being tough but yet to win and have 1 point. Seen it so many times for some reason when we go into games like that our play goes a bit odd.. and lo and behold they get points. Not all the time but...be typical lol