• Mount
    • Havertz
    • Pulisic
    • Werner
    • Ziyech (sub)
    • James (sub)
    • Abraham (sub)

Just now, Tomo said:

I can't wait to see the back of Kepa and I blamed him for most of the defensive issues in general last season but he made three pretty decent saves today.

As someone mentioned elsewhere, you would expect any decent goalkeeper to save the shots that Kepa did today. They were easy-to-save shots. We don't need to lower standards just because Kepa has been a shit-show.

Please show me, where exactly I said Kepa is top [emoji3][emoji3]  Garbage players indeed, yet being picked over and over again. Only a complete fool would expect they would suddenly turn into wolrd beaters.
You know we paid 80 million for Kepa? The board demands him to be given some more chances and because Mendy is injured, he gets his chances. That is the problem when you get a 80 million problem. Torres also got way too many chances, but he was also a 60 million problem. Those players will always get millions of chances

Gesendet von meinem VOG-L29 mit Tapatalk

Just now, killer1257 said:

You know we paid 80 million for Kepa? The board demands him to be given some more chances and because Mendy is injured, he gets his chances. That is the problem when you get a 80 million problem. Torres also got way too many chances, but he was also a 60 million problem. Those players will always get millions of chances

I understand that from this point of view, but even you have to see that this is a badly run business.

5 minutes ago, Jason said:

Does it really matter?

At least 2 of them have started to play regularly and we shouldn't be in situations where we have scored 3 goals and still don't beat sides like West Brom and Southampton. Never mind challenging for the title, how are we going to finish in the Top 4 if we can't beat the lower sides? 

Of course it matters without silva and mendy are defensive play isn't even mid table worthy. Not once have we seen our full starting 11 this season, no way we draw this game with mendy and silva in the starting 11 

1 minute ago, killer1257 said:

This. Torres as well as Kepa would have been frozen out way earlier if they hadn’t cost that much 

Soton's second goal was just laughable. Imagine being an attacker, a new one at the team and seeing that mess. No matter who you are, you will get discouraged.

Working hard in attack and the defence fuxk it up.

11 minutes ago, Hutcho said:
12 minutes ago, Milan said:
Sick and tired of this shit happening again and again and again.
Oh I can't wait to hear Lampard's comments how individual errors cost us. FUCK OFF FRANK, seriously. You take the biggest responsibility.

But it was... What is Frank supposed to do. Or you proposing us benching havertz?

Okay its maybe harsh to blame it all on Lampard but if he watched the same game we did, he would of seen Southampton dominate it for 60 minutes essentially and he did nothing to change it. We had warnings before half time. He didn’t change his formation or make any adjustments to counteract Southamptons grip on the game.

He is the manager so he has to he given some of the flack. Okay he made some subs, I, like everyone else, wanted to see Ziyech play but also removing Werner against a team who play such a high line was a huge error. Even more so when you look at how Pulisic looked shattered. 

Also as you put it in your words it was a ‘fantastic performance’ which if you think so yes he deserves some flack because if being a team that is not controlling the game against Southampton at home for an hour and ending up drawing 3-3, playing like this defensively is a fantastic performance after being 2-0 up and 3-2 up... then I don’t know. Individual errors or not, theres got to be a root cause we have made far too many individual errors since he came in. Indicating something else has to be contributing also. 

1 minute ago, BluesMadLad said:

Of course it matters without silva and mendy are defensive play isn't even mid table worthy. Not once have we seen our full starting 11 this season, no way we draw this game with mendy and silva in the starting 11 

Funny people say this about Silva when he practically cost us a goal in that 3-3 game at West Brom. 

On paper, Silva is an upgrade over our other CBs but on the pitch, the jury is still out for me whether he is actually an upgrade or will he just be inconsistent as our other CBs. 

33 minutes ago, zinctek said:

Dont blame kepa ! he made a mistake for 1 of the goals yes but this is totally down to frank! frank again got the tactics all wrong AGAIN!

Am pro frank and want him to do so well but he hasnt got a clue sometimes 

Kepa positioning is always poor, a better keeper would have stopped their 3rd goal

and I have fairness backing me up, as I did not blame him him for the first goal

33 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Can blame Kepa all you want but the question is why have saints been the better team 3/4 of this entire game? 

Exactly. Why lampard saw Southampton dominate us for the whole 2nd half and not change anything is the first problem, starting Kepa yet again is another problem. He looks out of his depth sometimes, theres no way we get top four this season with 66 points like we got last season, especially when Everton, Tottenham and Arsenal have stepped up their game.

Losing top four with the quality of our team would be inexcusable. 

Just now, BluesMadLad said:

Liverpool the champions lost 7-2 to Aston villa nearly relegated last season,  so could be worse than 3 3 lol 

Look, there will surely be some shocking results but do I trust this team and Lampard to get us the top 4, which considering the money spent should have been much easier? I cannot say that.

1 minute ago, Jason said:

Funny people say this about Silva when he practically cost us a goal in that 3-3 game at West Brom. 

On paper, Silva is an upgrade over our other CBs but on the pitch, the jury is still out for me whether he is actually an upgrade or will he just be inconsistent as our other CBs. 

Yeah silva made ONE mistake to cost us when he had no real training with the team and no pre season.... come on man this is just getting so ridiculous now. Yes its a shit result poor second half but it isn't the end of the world.