• Willian
    • Pulisic
    • Giroud
    • Abraham (sub)
    • Hudson-Odoi (sub)
    • Loftus-Cheek (sub)
    • Pedro (sub)

2 minutes ago, killer1257 said:

Only because his end product was not there does not mean he did not play good. Good Dribblings and brought a lot of speed. His penalty was stupid but happens. Happened to Drogba in a CL final

Gesendet von meinem VOG-L29 mit Tapatalk

I'm Odois biggest fan but he wasn't that good today at all. Passing sloppy, gave away the pen, looked slow and shooting was off.

But.

He has hardly played at all since the restart so it's only fair to put that down to fitness.

35 minutes ago, Jason said:

But he certainly isn't going to play much if he keeps up that kind of showing. After all, wasn't "wanting more game time" the reason he wanted to leave in the first place? Certainly isn't showing enough on the pitch and going by Lampard's recent comments, in training as well. 

Not good enough I'm afraid. That's not to say he wont improve - but atm would fit in well at Palace or Watford

28 minutes ago, fmsch24 said:

Mount is the only one of the academy that deserve to be in this team

that is harsh on Reece, the lad is only in his first topflight season and has shown flashes of brilliance

8 months ago he was still a teenager (almost half the season, parts or all of August, September, October, November, December)

and zero chance I am right off RLC or Tomori yet

Gilmour too

and even Tammy can be a good backup

5 minutes ago, Atomiswave said:

Excuses already out in the media, we won beacuse DDG made howlers it seems. We were on top all game ffs.

they can fuck off

a win is a win

howlers by the Gk are EXACTLY the same as fuckups by an outfield player that lead to a goal

the GK is not on a separate side

gaslighting manc bootlickers

Get in!!!  Could've given MOTM to several players really.  Dave was outstanding and Reece looked really strong which was encouraging because his restart hasn't been pretty.  A couple other random thoughts...

There hasn't been a more polarizing player recently than Willian.  Doesn't score a ton of goals and holds up play sure but find another player who runs like him.  I can't really think of one if being honest.  Does so much dirty work that doesn't show up in a box score.  If there's any NBA fans here he's like Dennis Rodman.  He tracks back and when he cuts infield nobody can even touch him.  Think we'll all miss a player like him when he's gone. 

Big fan of Kovacic in general.  He's a lot quicker and more creative than he gives himself credit for.  Would love to see him be more aggressive.  Seems to opt for a negative/pass when he could turn and run by a defender

Willy looked good today.  Very decisive.  Distribution was spot on too.

Ok now let's go win a trophy...

giphy.gif

33 minutes ago, Blues11 said:

I thought Reece James finally had a nice game. Not many complaints today, this win along with the LC loss.

Completely agree, lets hope he carries on from here. I must admit I was hoping a lot from him , but had few bad games.

51 minutes ago, Mana said:

CHO’s biggest contribution so far this season. FFS.

Fecking why. Hope we keep our nerve.

41 minutes ago, Mana said:

CHO should have finished that URGH

This is funny. First, you called the FA Cup a tinpot cup and yet you commented something on the game. And what's more, the only two comments you made during the game is about CHO conceding a penalty and missing a late opportunity...

It should be an incredible confidence boost going into the Liverpool and Wolves games.

Lots of people on the forum felt wholesale changes were needed today but I don't agree with this. Tiredness is 90% mental and usually nothing more than an excuse. I would take momentum over tiredness all year long, which is why I think United dropped the ball today making so many changes (including their shape).

The other thing people have mentioned on the forum is how the FA Cup is pretty irrelevant. It's hugely important now at this stage to try and win it. Opportunities at winning trophies shouldn't be taken for granted. This season goes by, potentially next season too as we are in a bit of a rebuild mode and suddenly a large number of the squad are in a position where they lack experience of winning trophies and 'getting over the line'. It's no coincidence that Pep and Jose have always gone strong for the League Cup. 

In a completely different way, winning the FA Cup this season could be just as, if not, more important than making top 4 for the long term future of this squad and Lampard.

10 minutes ago, Vesper said:

they can fuck off

a win is a win

howlers by the Gk are EXACTLY the same as fuckups by an outfield player that lead to a goal

the GK is not on a separate side

gaslighting manc bootlickers

YOu said it Vesper....and can I add that Kova is now the legal guardian of fernandes