Mikel John Obi

Badboy

how many times in the last 2 seasons did he play like that for chelsea? very few. a midfield 3 of him oscar and ramires might suit everyone better but i would still not hesitate to replace if a club gave a good bid.

No one has ever tried to buy Cech during hisChelsea days. Let's start calling him shit as well :clown:

Youre wrong bin laden, certain clubs have shown interest in him, even those emirate's cuntz were looking 2 sign him #brbbombingsomecitiezzz #yolo

An old Ferrari is always a Ferrari, it was top of the line in its day when people(clubs - Chelsea) payed top dollar for it.

Even today, that Ferrari can give any car a run for its money, but it is losing its resale value after 7 years of ownership and is not getting any newer or better.

Today it gives a great ride, tomorrow it is stuttering and dayafter is unpredictable as well.

Car parts(players) and Emission standards (club mentality) have changed significantly, and those changes mean that even though this ferrari can give any car a run for its money, its time it was driven by another owner on another road.

It is time to let emotional connections go with your old ferrari, and forge new ones with a brand new Ferrari.

I drive a civic.

LMAO. Bravo :lol::clap:

What Chelsea fans should ask themselves is, if Mikel is as poor as many say he is, how come when he is fit, he gets into the first team of EVERY coach Chelsea has had? And we are talking about top managers - Mourinho, Scolari, DiMatteo, Benitez, etc I think only Cech has managed this feat.

IMO, I think Mikel plays to instructions at Chelsea that's why the managers like him. Whether these instructions align with what the fans what to see of him is another story altogether.

Trust me, Nigerian fans are also frustrated with the way/position he plays at Chelsea. I hate it when I see Mikel doing side passes when playing for Chelsea cos I know he can defintely do far better.

As regards his attitude, he used to have similar attitude problems with the National team. The fans and coaches have not been tolerant and perhaps that's why he puts in a shift when playing for the Eagles.

Rationality is not welcome in this thread, sir!

What Chelsea fans should ask themselves is, if Mikel is as poor as many say he is, how come when he is fit, he gets into the first team of EVERY coach Chelsea has had? And we are talking about top managers - Mourinho, Scolari, DiMatteo, Benitez, etc I think only Cech has managed this feat.

IMO, I think Mikel plays to instructions at Chelsea that's why the managers like him. Whether these instructions align with what the fans what to see of him is another story altogether.

Trust me, Nigerian fans are also frustrated with the way/position he plays at Chelsea. I hate it when I see Mikel doing side passes when playing for Chelsea cos I know he can defintely do far better.

As regards his attitude, he used to have similar attitude problems with the National team. The fans and coaches have not been tolerant and perhaps that's why he puts in a shift when playing for the Eagles.

Well this theory that mikel has been the first choice of so many chelsea managers has been debunked countless number of times. The only manager under whom he was effectively first choice was RDM and the lesser said about his management skills, the better.

However, looking at your user name, I doubt you will be able to think about it rationally. You can join the deluded bunch led by Choulo19.

Mikel is definitely not poor, but he is not exactly a fit for what is required at Chelsea moving forward.

Mikel's Situation IMO is the same as with Berbatov at United, Good players, but their playing style just is not intensive enough for their respective clubs,

Both have skills, but intensity is lacking and for the top top clubs, intensity is THE most important aspect of the game.

Berbatov and Mikel both look lazy. I say "look", not "are".

Their playing styles are more suited to Italy than England.

Two of those managers were sacked, one left by 'mutual consent' and one was an interim, was roundly hated and also dropped Mikel.

But if you want to hang your argument about Mikel being a great player on 'Big Phil chose him' then it's as good as any other argument put forward.

When you play a Midfield Duo tasked with containing the opposition midfield, there will be a lot of high-energy pressing required to cut-off the angles and close down the passes. Our CAM - Mata is no help, so it's down to the two in midfield. Mikel dropping so far back unbalances the midfield. Seen it happen far too many times.

Another thing, when he isn't too far back, he goes too far forward, which gives so much space to the opponent to work with in the zone between midfield and defence. Man City in the FA Cup semi final and Southampton away (where he was pressing their centre backs for whatever reason) are prime examples of this.

What does sacking of managers got to to with them picking Mikel over and over again? It isn't like because of choosing Mikel for the starting XI they got fired.

I'm suggesting that their judgment may not have been something we should place much faith in.

By the way, Charlie Adam was the player who 'starred' for Blackpool in the Premier League when the team was built around him. When he moved to Liverpool and was asked to play a role in the team rather than be the main man, he looked far less effective. The same appears to be true of Mikel.

I'm suggesting that their judgment may not have been something we should place much faith in.

By the way, Charlie Adam was the player who 'starred' for Blackpool in the Premier League when the team was built around him. When he moved to Liverpool and was asked to play a role in the team rather than be the main man, he looked far less effective. The same appears to be true of Mikel.

Them being sacked doesn't make them less of a manager. We are talking about one of the most renowned managers in the sport. Plus you've got to admit that many sackings have been knee jerk anyway - it is very easy to lose your job overnight as a manager of Chelsea even by looking at the camera wrong or not massaging players' egos.

Mikel hasn't been as bad as it is made out to be, he just doesn't get the attention because he is not a forward player nor a playmaker. He has been played as a DM who go on quietly doing their job.