Mikel John Obi

Badboy

Not if it helps get rid of said player who is a liability for Chelsea and one who I am sick of watching play ,that is apart from when he is dropped .

How does continuously posting the same thing here everyday helps to get rid of a player you don't like? :doh: We all have basically been lambasting Torres for almost 2 years now and he's still here! If you want him out so badly, you should probably just go stage a protest at the Bridge really. It will help you make point even clearer. Let the entire world know about it, not just in TalkChelsea forum.

With respect to TOPTB, I don't fully grasp this "attitude" problem that you guys say Mikel has. I mean his role at Chelsea is so limited, it's not like he's given the chance to drive up the pitch, race his heart out and go for goal. Ramires is allowed to play that role, and that's why we love him.. He makes runs upon runs and can can produce the most composed of finishes.

Last night, Mikel showed he can do that. He showed that passion people say he doesn't play with. Okay, I will admit that his performance against Rubin Kazan wasn't great and it wasn't nice. But I think you guys were also harsh on the Europa League comments.. He shouldn't have said it, because of the perception it gave off. But no-one does rate the Europa League.

Sir Alex said, "that is our penalty for not qualifying" when he discussed United's drop into the EL last season.

I think doing it once (or a few times for Nigeria or whatever) and doing it on a regular basis for Chelsea is completely different. Ramires has all the natural attributes to allow him to roam forward. Specifically, he's very fast and Mikel isn't. Also, Mikel doesn't have a world class first touch or reactions to fall back on.

Personally, I think all this talk of Mikel playing a more attacking role for us is pointless. For the same logic of the argument 'Mikel has been a starter for every manager for almost 7 years', I say that if Mikel was really that good going forward he would've been played in a more advanced role by any one of those managers. He could've been given the license to run with the ball, shoot from distance, get into the box or wait on the edge of it; but the fact remains is has never really been given that opportunity in 7 years and I think that says everything.

majority of members here said that we should drop out of Europa asap because it's not worth it and you blame Mikel for speaking his mind. if it was Hazard who said that he "would rather play in a better competition" you'd be wanking at how ambitious he is...

in that 2011/12 season i have not seen a lazier player overall than Drogba, didn't see anyone saying he should be dropped.

Yes and Frank Lampard said lets win it and he did,that is the attitude I want at Chelsea and so will Mourinho ,if there is anyone who is too good for the Europa League it is Lampard but he had the determination to win it and share centre stage when lifting the trophy with Mikel who seemed to think it was well worth winning at that point .

DON'T MISS
Home > Sport > Mikel Obi fit to feature in Europa League final
Mikel Obi fit to feature in Europa League final
By Phillip Eta on May 12, 2013

Mikel-receiving-treatment-300x244.jpgJohn Mikel Obi has declared himself fit and available, for the Europa League final on Wednesday between Chelsea and Benfica.

The Nigerian midfielder has been out of action for a while with injury, but made a return to training on Friday, although he did not feature in the Blues 2-1 victory over Aston villa on Saturday.

“It is not always good feeling when one is out of action but I am good now. I returned to full training on Friday,” he said.

“I am set for Europa league final and I am looking forward to it as well as the last game of the season.”

Mikel’s availability, will give Rafa Benitez more options, as the coach lost captain John Terry and winger Eden Hazard to injuries in the win at Villa Park.

Just to clear up any confusion on the thread about the players availability towards the end of the season and his fitness, this was confirmed by the fact he played in both games in the USA ,lets not hide the truth he was available and not picked by Benitez

DON'T MISS

Mikel-receiving-treatment-300x244.jpgJohn Mikel Obi has declared himself fit and available, for the Europa League final on Wednesday between Chelsea and Benfica.

The Nigerian midfielder has been out of action for a while with injury, but made a return to training on Friday, although he did not feature in the Blues 2-1 victory over Aston villa on Saturday.

“It is not always good feeling when one is out of action but I am good now. I returned to full training on Friday,” he said.

“I am set for Europa league final and I am looking forward to it as well as the last game of the season.”

Mikel’s availability, will give Rafa Benitez more options, as the coach lost captain John Terry and winger Eden Hazard to injuries in the win at Villa Park.

Just to clear up any confusion on the thread about the players availability towards the end of the season and his fitness, this was confirmed by the fact he played in both games in the USA ,lets not hide the truth he was available and not picked by Benitez

let's drop Terry as well, he wasn't picked under Benitez regularly too.

DON'T MISS

Tbf, Mikel did not have much match practice coming into the final, so he had a slim chance of starting anyway...

Yes let's ignore both the official site and official twitter account (as well as several other reliable accounts) saying he is not fit on the day of the final. You sound like you're trying to convince yourself of your theory and not other people.

There is going to be so much heartbreak in this thread come next season. Mikel will be training with the reserves because Jose wont let him near the first team.

PS

I know Jose was incharge when Mikel was brought in but that was 7 years back. When he was supposedly the 2nd best talent after Messi. That talent/promise has remain unfulfilled and has developed a terrible attitude. At this moment, Mikel is exactly the kind of 'player' that Mourinho will use to set an example to his team that you either shape up and start performing or you are also going down the Mikel route.

WhoScored.com@WhoScored3m

Most successful passes in the final third at the #ConfederationsCup: Mikel 49, Kagawa 45, Cazorla 37, Fábregas 36, Iniesta 35, Endo 33

I was just coming to post that lol. Unreal.

Has anyone made a comp of his performance against Uruguay by the way?