• Mount
    • Willian
    • Pulisic
    • Abraham
    • James (sub)
    • Giroud (sub)
    • Hudson-Odoi (sub)

5 minutes ago, Hutcho said:

I like the go for the kill mentality, sure it didn't work today but at 4 nil why not. We weren't gonna lose the game and another day we win 6+.

Suppose but also with the game in Amsterdam and the fact the majority of the same 11 played I think he should of seen fatigue setting in and locked the door a bit sooner. If it was 1 or 2 yes I would understand it but at 4-0 at late 60 mins or early 70s, maybe be a bit more pragmatic. 

Good professional performance anyways. 7 wins on the bounce. Pulisic hattrick after all the questions. And still plenty of things from the 2 goals we conceded to be looked on and improved, so always good to get that kick of realism to remind us we aren't finished yet.

5 minutes ago, Jason said:

Think he was trying to avoid making the contact. The injury is probably still in his mind. Lampard might have a word with him but I don't think it's a serious/blatant dive. 

Perhaps but he claimed for a penalty didnt he? So taking that into account it would be fair to say hes intentionally looking for the foul. Which would mean hes tried to con the ref. So in turn means its basically a dive, regardless of it is serious or not. VAR got the decision correct and in the fine print it is basically a yellow card. 

7 minutes ago, Fernando said:

Other then that not the first time we get comfortable and let goals in. We did it even with top players when hiddink took over the first time in the pl. We was winning 4 to 0 and the opposition came back. 

Think that was the home game against Bolton? It was just before that ridiculous CL 4-4 game against Liverpool!

Just now, Jason said:

Think that was the home game against Bolton? It was just before that ridiculous CL 4-4 game against Liverpool!

Yes so that 3 goals did not quite serve as the wake up call we hoped. lets hope this time it works. i could not stand losing vs such an inferior ManU team.

lol, who would have ever guess, you pull Alonso off and the defence (not say it was Reece's fault) goes to shit
Alonso ability in the air is extremely important plus willian pressing and track back is really excellent.
I don't like jorgi kova as double pivot, not enough protection.

22 minutes ago, Vesper said:

lol, who would have ever guess, you pull Alonso off and the defence (not say it was Reece's fault) goes to shit

TBF, it had nothing to do with Alonso's sub. The midfield just went AWOL in that last 5-10 minutes. If anything, it kinda reinforces the point that Jorginho and Kovacic aren't great defensively. We need Kante back ASAP and buy a proper DM next summer!

4 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

Yes so that 3 goals did not quite serve as the wake up call we hoped. lets hope this time it works. i could not stand losing vs such an inferior ManU team.

That Liverpool game can't be explained. Was nearly in tears at one point! :lol: 

As for today, the midfield just AWOL in the last 5-10 minutes or so. Got a bit greedy in trying to get more goals. Lampard will be banging the players about it. 

6 minutes ago, communicate said:

Alonso ability in the air is extremely important plus willian pressing and track back is really excellent.
I don't like jorgi kova as double pivot, not enough protection.

I dont think Alonso has anything to do with those goals conceded

As you said it is clearly jorgi and Kovas positioning that allowed those shots to be taken as they should be sitting right there in front of defence when the opposition have the ball but toher than that the jorginho kova pivot has allowed us dominate about every match they played in. For big games it is obviously great to have Kante back but in his absence this is probably the best we can do defensively.

Terfiffic. Another game where Jorginho and Kovacic especially bossed that game. Their ability to retain the ball is fantastic. Puts the younger players at ease too. The two goals we conceded is annoying, because Zouma and Tomori did a really good job. Zouma is growing more and more on me tbh. Is really dominant and fast and I see improvements in the passing. Pulisic. What a way to get his first goals for us. Not just the goals. He just look a genuine threat and showed signs of what is to come. Is dribbling and pace is going to cause the opposition nightmares. James put in a fantastic cameo too. Looked really bright. It is amazing how we have not really missed Kante. Kovacic and Jorginho are really blossoming together. We have a good set of fixtures coming up too, which we should win before that City game. KTBFFH!

7 minutes ago, Jason said:

If anything, it kinda reinforces the point that Jorginho and Kovacic aren't great defensively. We need Kante back ASAP and buy a proper DM next summer!

Lamps is on telly saying the exact opposite, lol, says they were great defensively.

Where the goals will come from they said? Lol we lost Hazard and scored more than fucking Scousers. I'm worried about Tammy tho. 8 goals in 10 games looks great but 7 he scored in just three matches. Only one in other seven. 

Just now, Vesper said:

Lamps is on telly saying the exact opposite, lol, says they were great defensively.

Would be surprised if Lampard is fully happy with those last 5-10 minutes defensively in the dressing room. But otherwise, we were okay defensively. 

1 minute ago, NikkiCFC said:

Where the goals will come from they said? Lol we lost Hazard and scored more than fucking Scousers. I'm worried about Tammy tho. 8 goals in 10 games looks great but 7 he scored in just three matches. Only one in other seven. 

I thought he (and despite the goal and assist) Willian were really really poor today. 

1 minute ago, Jason said:

Would be surprised if Lampard is fully happy with those last 5-10 minutes defensively in the dressing room. But otherwise, we were okay defensively. 

he said he was 95% satisfied, and didn't want to takeaway from the rest of the game by going on a rant about those last 2 goals

Tbh even at 4-0 I didn't think we were playing that well and it was probably our worst game of open space defending since Leicester.
The last few victories in the league were team efforts but this one was down to Christian, he took over and was the difference between the two teams.
Our first two goals came from their mistake, other than that Burnley looked more threatening. We barely created anything.

Just now, communicate said:
5 minutes ago, Tomo said:
Tbh even at 4-0 I didn't think we were playing that well and it was probably our worst game of open space defending since Leicester.
The last few victories in the league were team efforts but this one was down to Christian, he took over and was the difference between the two teams.

Our first two goals came from their mistake, other than that Burnley looked more threatening. We barely created anything.

I wouldn't say we barely created anything,Christian alone could have walked away with two match balls today, I just feel this was more like the basketball games we saw early on compared to the controlling games we've had in the last month or so.