Super Frank Thread

6 minutes ago, Atomiswave said:

Fair point, but it is in adversity you can pin-point the difficulties and solutions.

If someone is that adamant Lampard isn't the man then if anything publicly sticking to their guns even during winning/unbeaten runs will only strengthen their position. The general mood of this place literally went from one extreme to the other from Sevilla/Leeds to Everton/Wolves.

Just now, Tomo said:

If someone is that adamant Lampard isn't the man then if anything publicly sticking to their guns even during winning/unbeaten runs will only strengthen their position.

Dont know about that Tomo....shit is fucked atm. God knows I have given the man credit when deserving but I will also call him out when obvious bs is on display....in a fair way of course.

16 minutes ago, Tomo said:

While I don't disagree with some of the concerns about Lampard it's really strange how they only get mentioned after poor results.

For the record, I have mentioned/pointed out/complained about Werner being wasted out wide since September. Moreover, it's all good while winning but when we weren't, like the last 2 games, some of the problems with Lampard last season reared their ugly head again and he did nothing about them. I wouldn't have been so critical had he tried to change things but nothing worked and we still lost. Problem was, he didn't try to change or do anything different in the last 2 games.

3 hours ago, Jason said:

A free week is never a free week under Lampard because that's when he will overwork the players. I get apprehensive whenever we have that because muscle injury is the most common injury ever since Lampard got here - there's still too many even if we take Pulisic's problem out of the equation - and although I don't have the exact numbers, am pretty sure a lot of the injuries last season happened when we had a free week, no game in midweek etc. It's also why the players some time look gassed after a certain period in a game. 

Remains to be seen if this is true and if it's another muscle injury but otherwise, this pretty reiterates my point above...

12 minutes ago, Jason said:

For the record, I have mentioned/pointed out/complained about Werner being wasted out wide since September. Moreover, it's all good while winning but when we weren't, like the last 2 games, some of the problems with Lampard last season reared their ugly head again and he did nothing about them. I wouldn't have been so critical had he tried to change things but nothing worked and we still lost. Problem was, he didn't try to change or do anything different in the last 2 games.

His subs too, its always like for like

8 minutes ago, Jason said:

Remains to be seen if this is true and if it's another muscle injury but otherwise, this pretty reiterates my point above...

Ridiculous

1 hour ago, Jason said:

So, it doesn't seem like an injury caused by the free week. Point on hold...for now. :chai:

On 15. 12. 2020 at 10:53 PM, Jason said:

But that's not the official way of comparing? Anyway, not much difference...

Brighton (+2)
Liverpool (=)
West Brom (-2) - compared with Watford
Crystal Palace (=)
Southampton (+1)
Man Utd (+1)
Burnley (=)
Sheffield Utd (+2)
Newcastle (+3)
Spurs (-2)
Leeds (+3) - compared with Bournemouth
Everton (=)
Wolves (-3)

Let's keep this alive.

West Ham (+3)

That makes it +8 in total.

Probably the only positive outcome from today :lol:

Lampard didnt inspire confidence today but it still worked out just fine. It was not exactly great to watch and our attacking play was mainly balls hoofed upfield or some really shitty deflections and balloon passes falling our way. Still, we kept our shit together in defense and limited wham to half chances.

Just now, killer1257 said:

Last season, we were 14 points behind Liverpool at this stage. Now, only 6 points behind

Gesendet von meinem VOG-L29 mit Tapatalk

That's only because Liverpool couldn't produce the ridiculous form they showed last season, nothing to do with us. Liverpool won 13 of their first 14 games last season. This season, it's just 9 out of 14.

1 minute ago, Tomo said:

I back him because i do see potential of a top manager despite the greenness but he seriously needs to work on attacking patterns in Cobham.

However progression must be shown from now till the end.

Doesn't it feel like we're being managed by Big Sam at times? 

6 minutes ago, Jason said:

Doesn't it feel like we're being managed by Big Sam at times? 

To be obtuse with Big Sam we'll be getting neck ache ;)

On a more serious note i think he needs to start positioning player's in attack better (especially Werner), maybe he should leave positional/attack training to Jody as (all be it with the best teams at a lower level) our youth teams under him played sensational football.