Super Frank Thread

22 hours ago, manpe said:

When was the last time we had consistent, systematic attack throughout the season? Probably Conte's title season after the formation change, but that's it. Under Mourinho, Conte and Sarri our attacking play was just as chaotic as you're describing, and they were considered world class coaches. Hard to expect that from a rookie coach with a young and naive team.

Actually last year it was quite nice especially after we play 433,it was quite clear how we want to attack. Pulisic supported by full back on the left, being fed by Kovacic, perfect. On the right Willian hold the ball high, while mount making channel run with james playing deeper delivering his trademark cross from deep. In the middle we had Giroud and Barkley attacking the box. 

2 hours ago, communicate said:

Mount number has dropped from last year simply because he is playing deeper to accommodate Werner and Chilwell. 

Don't have all the attacking numbers now but for one, Mount already has more assists this season than last season in all competitions and we aren't exactly halfway through the season yet. 

8 minutes ago, Jason said:

Don't have all the attacking numbers now but for one, Mount already has more assists this season than last season in all competitions and we aren't exactly halfway through the season yet. 

iT´s JuSt CoRnErS

4 hours ago, Jason said:

I am pretty sure that assist number pretty much come from deadball

1 minute ago, communicate said:

I am pretty sure that assist number pretty much come from deadball

Still assists at the end of the day. We can't complain about not scoring enough from set pieces or the failure to beat the first man from set pieces and then suddenly try to dismiss assists from set pieces. 

8 hours ago, Mana said:

A mixed feeling game against West Ham. Three positives. First positive (and it's big no matter what I say after this) is that we won 3-0. 3 points in the bag. Second, a Thiago Silva masterclass performance. Third, clean sheet.

Everything else? Absolute pants. This game is easily one of the top worst performances this season. I was bored for a good long 20 minutes doing the game. The attacking play was embarrassing. So clueless up front until Abraham found another goal. I cheered and was shellshocked at the same time on how we managed to get another.

Play like that against Arsenal, who are desperate for a win now and it maybe a different story. We cannot continue to play awful like this. Got away with it on Monday, but let's remember we didn't get away with it against Everton and Wolves.

Fuck look i've agreed with you for the first time:o

'The blame can be put on broadcasters': Lampard angry at festive fixture pile-up

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2020/dec/25/chelsea-frank-lampard-angry-premier-league-festive-fixtures-arsenal-aston-villa

Frank Lampard has accused television broadcasters and the Premier League of putting Chelsea at a disadvantage to their title rivals, saying they rejected a request to give his team an extra day’s rest after facing Arsenal on Boxing Day.

Furious that his side have to play twice in 48 hours over the festive period, Chelsea’s manager questioned why they have to host Aston Villa on Monday evening when Liverpool, Manchester United and Tottenham have three days between their next two games. Villa, who host Crystal Palace on Saturday afternoon, also asked for their trip to Stamford Bridge to be moved to Tuesday and Lampard made his anger clear by saying that a lack of common sense risks harming player welfare and the league’s integrity.

“The fact it’s two games in 48 hours is an important point because there are other teams who are challenging at the top of the league that play two games in three days,” Lampard said. “It’s counterproductive for the quality of the Premier League; it’s a risk for players if they are going to play both games at the top end of elite sport.

“I know what happened with this one because the games are broadcast live. We play Arsenal on Boxing Day and our game against Man City was moved to the Sunday. The schedule meant, and Aston Villa wanted this as well, that we could have played Tuesday. We got overruled by the Premier League and the broadcasters.

“Sometimes the blame can be put on broadcasters. In conjunction with each other, and this was bounced around, it got decided that we play twice in 48 hours when other teams that are challenging at the top of the league play twice in three days. I don’t see how it’s a fair playing field. It’s wrong.”

Lampard believes the disruption to the calendar caused by Covid-19 has placed unprecedented demands on players. “People quite casually say: ‘Just get on with it.’ We’ve had two international breaks now where the players have been asked to play three games. Players play for their international team and then come back and play on the Saturday, an early kick-off or whatever, and then go again.

“The Christmas schedule is normally the hectic time but the hectic time has been throughout this season. So every little win you can get by using common sense, take those to try and help player welfare. This situation, it’s compromising the players. It also compromises the competition because others don’t have to do the same.

“I hear a lot about, ‘We will have conversations’ and not much actually gets done. I have sympathy for the scheduling, for the difficult times. But when you’re given two teams asking for the game to be played one day later, why would you not do that? That surprises me.”

38 minutes ago, Jason said:

'The blame can be put on broadcasters': Lampard angry at festive fixture pile-up

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2020/dec/25/chelsea-frank-lampard-angry-premier-league-festive-fixtures-arsenal-aston-villa

Didn't realize Liverpool & Tottenham were getting an extra day of rest. Thought it was just Man Utd.

Scumbags, the lot of them. Greedy, just like the arseholes at FIFA who push for international fixtures in these times.