Super Frank Thread

3 minutes ago, kellzfresh said:

It's quite annoying that we were looking up just few weeks ago and suddenly we're just 2 points above David Moyes Westham after 13 matches which is a significant 1/3 of the season..... Aaaaargh :rant:

Aye and from two identical performances you'd think both Lampard and the squad would've learned from last season. 

Frustrating indeed. The very reason why we finished 30 points off. 

4 minutes ago, kellzfresh said:

It's quite annoying that we were looking up just few weeks ago and suddenly we're just 2 points above David Moyes Westham after 13 matches which is a significant 1/3 of the season..... Aaaaargh :rant:

It's just a sign of how crazy this season has been. Last season, we lost back-to-back games twice and still stayed in 4th while now, we lose back-to-back games and we're suddenly close to being mid-table. 

1 minute ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Aye and from two identical performances you'd think both Lampard and the squad would've learned from last season. 

Frustrating indeed. The very reason why we finished 30 points off. 

He hasn't learned honestly. We just have a better goalkeeper and a more creative player than willian in Ziyech.

The moment Ziyech goes, we can't create chances or score to save our lives 

1 minute ago, kellzfresh said:

He hasn't learned honestly. We just have a better goalkeeper and a more creative player than willian in Ziyech.

The moment Ziyech goes, we can't create chances or score to save our lives 

I think we need to wait and see Monday. 

Lots of talk from both the players and Lampard, let's see if they actually bite or if they are all bark much  like the Wolves performance. 

2 minutes ago, Jason said:

It's just a sign of how crazy this season has been. Last season, we lost back-to-back games twice and still stayed in 4th while now, we lose back-to-back games and we're suddenly close to being mid-table. 

Last season Tottenham underperformed, Leicester fell off a cliff in the 2nd half of the season and there was no Everton sniffing around. This season could end badly if Lamps doesn't find a tactic that works without our only creative player in Ziyech and a half fit Pulisic 

1 minute ago, kellzfresh said:

Last season Tottenham underperformed, Leicester fell off a cliff in the 2nd half of the season and there was no Everton sniffing around. This season could end badly if Lamps doesn't find a tactic that works without our only creative player in Ziyech and a half fit Pulisic 

We have a player in Havertz that produced Messi like numbers last season. 

We have so much more up front that Lampard needs to sort out........now. 

3 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

We have a player in Havertz that produced Messi like numbers last season. 

We have so much more up front that Lampard needs to sort out........now. 

That was because Leverkusen built the team around Havertz. Not sure if that was ever gonna be the case here. 

17 minutes ago, Atomiswave said:

So...we will have had 6 days off before the game, its fucking bollocks if we dont see tempo desire and hunger to win the match. I dont care what form WH are in, a draw is a loss for me.

A free week is never a free week under Lampard because that's when he will overwork the players. I get apprehensive whenever we have that because muscle injury is the most common injury ever since Lampard got here - there's still too many even if we take Pulisic's problem out of the equation - and although I don't have the exact numbers, am pretty sure a lot of the injuries last season happened when we had a free week, no game in midweek etc. It's also why the players some time look gassed after a certain period in a game. 

7 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

All will be forgiven if we get 9 points from West Ham, Arsenal, and VIlla before City. 

Entirely possible and should be required considering Arsenal and City go at it midweek in the league cup. 

Honestly..I dont think we'll get all from West Ham or Arsenal..and who knows about Villa they're unpredictable..

1 hour ago, Jason said:

A free week is never a free week under Lampard because that's when he will overwork the players. I get apprehensive whenever we have that because muscle injury is the most common injury ever since Lampard got here - there's still too many even if we take Pulisic's problem out of the equation - and although I don't have the exact numbers, am pretty sure a lot of the injuries last season happened when we had a free week, no game in midweek etc. It's also why the players some time look gassed after a certain period in a game. 

Yup thats true...baffling FL aint aware of that

4 minutes ago, Tomo said:

While I don't disagree with some of the concerns about Lampard it's really strange how they only get mentioned after poor results.

Fair point, but it is in adversity you can pin-point the difficulties and solutions.