Join Talk Chelsea and join in with the discussions! Click Here

Super Frank Thread

Followers 9

28 minutes ago, Patrick Bamford said:

I don't like this. Is there anything to go by that he will actually turn it around? Except for the blind hope... And this part is the worst - He either has 1 league game left to win or he’s gone before our next league game.

There are 2 weeks now between today and the Fulham game. It would make much more sense to make the change now, because right now it feels like it is delaying the inevitable.

• Like 1
  • Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I can't actually believe how well coached we are. Puts it in further perspective when you see the garbage United and Arsenal are spewing. I love the fact Frank isn't so stubborn to try and do it

Very confused, can only assume the ones being somewhat negative did not watch the game? Aside from Dave and Zouma, I thought we played really well against the European Champions. I was shocked at time

Our pressing game was superb, and made all the difference today! 4-3-3 with Mount and Havertz to harass opponents and Kante to sweep up behind...that's the way to go. And we have two bombing

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, Milan said:

I don't like this. Is there anything to go by that he will actually turn it around? Except for the blind hope... And this part is the worst - He either has 1 league game left to win or he’s gone before our next league game.

There are 2 weeks now between today and the Fulham game. It would make much more sense to make the change now, because right now it feels like it is delaying the inevitable.

Where's that points comparison with last season? :ph34r:

He has to go. This is much worse than the second seasons of Ancelotti or Conte. After 1 1/2 years there isn´t any system or style of play other than spamming crosses into the box. The purple patch from October to December only bought him some time, we have been found out again and now look worse than ever. Sure, the players didn´t exactly cover themselves in glory either, but by watching our games you can immediately see that it is a coaching problem.

Part ways now, because the point of no return has been passed in the last few weeks. I will always respect him as a player, but as a manager he failed. Hopefully Lampard learns from this and who knows, maybe he will get a second chance in a few years.

• Like 3

Last season's corresponding fixtures comparison -

Brighton (+2)
Liverpool (=)
West Brom (-2) - compared with Watford
Crystal Palace (=)
Southampton (+1)
Man Utd (+1)
Burnley (=)
Sheffield Utd (+2)
Newcastle (+3)
Spurs (-2)
Leeds (+3) - compared with Bournemouth
Everton (=)
Wolves (-3)
West Ham (+3)

Arsenal (-3)
Aston Villa (-2)
Man City (-3)

Progress = 0
Playing style improvement? Don't get me started on that one...

• Like 1

Other than Tuchel, who is even possible? I don't think Allegri is a good choice at all for us. Away from the game for too long now and the combination of new league, language barrier, and us being in crisis is too much. Plus, he's not the manager to bring in for exciting, free flowing football.

Its either Tuchel or experienced interim until we can get our top choice in the summer. No highly rated manager is going to abandon their current club midseason.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Pizy said:

I don't think Allegri is a good choice at all for us. Away from the game for too long now and the combination of new league, language barrier, and us being in crisis is too much. Plus, he's not the manager to bring in for exciting, free flowing football.

Allegri has only been away for around 18 months, not too dissimilar from Pochettino and people wanted Pochettino. It's not like football has drastically changed either. Plus, he has been learning English ever since he left Juventus and there have been reports saying that he wants his next job to be in the Premier League. 

I wouldn't mind Allegri, if only because he is a tactically flexible manager. Otherwise, I have my doubts about his playing style and it suiting this team. But hey, surely he'll make us play something more attractive than spamming crosses into the box, right? 

Allegri has only been away for around 18 months, not too dissimilar from Pochettino and people wanted Pochettino. It's not like football has drastically changed either. Plus, he has been learning English ever since he left Juventus and there have been reports saying that he wants his next job to be in the Premier League. 

I wouldn't mind Allegri, if only because he is a tactically flexible manager. Otherwise, I have my doubts about his playing style and it suiting this team. But hey, surely he'll make us play something more attractive than spamming crosses into the box, right? 

By the way, Allegri had a mastermind like Pirlo in his team and he had one of the most underrated players I have seen in Marchisio. If you were not satisfied with Juventus football that Allegri played, I highly doubt our football with three defensive midfielders will get any better.

Allegri might try Jorgingo out again in the Pirlo role

Gesendet von meinem VOG-L29 mit Tapatalk

51 minutes ago, Jason said:

He's really scraping the barrels for excuses here...

Looking back at this, this comment (not that Lampard is challenging the club) brings back memory of when Mourinho told the club that they cannot sack him because he's the best manager after losing to Southampton (IIRC) in 2015/16, only to then get sacked weeks later. It's almost as if Lampard is telling the club "I can turn this around because I've experienced this before as a player".

2 minutes ago, killer1257 said:

By the way, Allegri had a mastermind like Pirlo in his team and he had one of the most underrated players I have seen in Marchisio. If you were not satisfied with Juventus football that Allegri played, I highly doubt our football with three defensive midfielders will get any better.

Allegri might try Jorgingo out again in the Pirlo role

Gesendet von meinem VOG-L29 mit Tapatalk

Maybe Allegri can adapt his playing style and make it exciting here, I don't know but there's a reason why Juventus did away with him and decided to hire someone like Sarri instead. 

1 minute ago, Azul said:

Where's[mention=17151]Puliiszola[/mention] ? He called me a plastic fan for saying Lampard out two weeks ago, but he seems to have disappeared. emoji23.pngemoji23.png

giphy-downsized-large.gif

17 minutes ago, Jason said:

Looking back at this, this comment (not that Lampard is challenging the club) brings back memory of when Mourinho told the club that they cannot sack him because he's the best manager after losing to Southampton (IIRC) in 2015/16, only to then get sacked weeks later. It's almost as if Lampard is telling the club "I can turn this around because I've experienced this before as a player".

Clinging onto hope more like...looks like he already has his eyes on the FA cup and Fulham fixtures to try and get a rebound in form before facing off against Leicester.

Defeat to Leicester will seal it IMO,..unless he suffers another upset before that game (very possible).

I'm expecting to see " Sad news, but we will be parting ways with Super Frank" on Chelsea's front page tomorrow morning. If I don't see that then they're clueless as well.

We have a FA Cup week coming up which means there's a week break between now and the next Premier League game. If we get a new manager now, then he actually has enough time with the players to get started. I don't want us to be stupid and get a manager in when there's two PL games in a single week.

Just now, Azul said:

I'm expecting to see " Sad news, but we will be parting ways with Super Frank" on Chelsea's front page tomorrow morning. If I don't see that then they're clueless as well.

We have a FA Cup week coming up which means there's a week break between now and the next Premier League game. If we get a new manager now, then he actually has enough time with the players to get started. I don't want us to be stupid and get a manager in when there's two PL games in a single week.

Well, based on what we've seen during the past several years at Chelsea its unlikely you will see that. Only this week have we even seen press stating that his position is under threat.

Regardless, I still think they are close to that point. Loss to Leicester will be the tipping point IMO, unless there is an upset against Fulham before that.