Super Frank Thread

2 minutes ago, Jason said:

The players will back for pre-season training on Friday. So, we should see/get stuff of Lampard with the players. :D 

Isn't it kinda weird to start the pre-season on Friday instead of this or next Monday? Or do they not have weekends on pre-season either

Just now, !Hazard! said:

Isn't it kinda weird to start the pre-season on Friday instead of this or next Monday? Or do they not have weekends on pre-season either

From what I read, they were due back on Monday but it got pushed back to give some players additional time off and due to the delayed appointment of Lampard. 

In any case, they have had a long break by now. Am sure they will work over the weekend to get ready for the first pre-season game next Wednesday.

1 hour ago, Pizy said:

How he sets up the midfield will make or break our season. Don't think he'll have Kante in that more advanced position Sarri had him in. Which means Jorginho's place is up in the air. 

I think Jorginho would improve in a midfield 2 and Kante and Kovacic are both best in such a setup.

It would also give more flexibility to who plays further forward as you're not just restricted with Barkley or Mount playing the attacking midfield role but the likes of Willian, CHO, Pulisic could all play that '10' role too.

1 hour ago, Pizy said:

How he sets up the midfield will make or break our season. Don't think he'll have Kante in that more advanced position Sarri had him in. Which means Jorginho's place is up in the air. 

Think it will be 4231 with Kante next to Jorginho or 433 witb Kante-Jorginho-RLC as the MF, just Kantes positioning/role will be tweaked. Think dumping/benching Jorginho would be a error. Nobody else in our MF does what he does. Even more so if Frank is wanting to try and continue persist along the same lines as Sarri did.

2 hours ago, Superblue_1986 said:

One of the things that I really hope he drills into this group too is to not be afraid to shoot. We have plenty of players more than capable of shooting around the edge of the box - Willian, Pedro, Barkley, etc. Too often we try and overplay or struggle to break down a team defending deep. 

He aint gonna take any shit. Either that will be the end of him or he will make our players bleed blue. 

4 hours ago, OneMoSalah said:

Think it will be 4231 with Kante next to Jorginho or 433 witb Kante-Jorginho-RLC as the MF, just Kantes positioning/role will be tweaked. Think dumping/benching Jorginho would be a error. Nobody else in our MF does what he does. Even more so if Frank is wanting to try and continue persist along the same lines as Sarri did.

In standard setup you have 3/4 player staying back. If we want both Jorginho and Kante to sit back. Our rb has to be more offensive. Azpi is not that kind rb. 

The last time we play 4231 was kinda under jose. But the the two mid were fab and matic. Fabregas is not you typical dpl. He made tons of forward run so you have 

Matic

azpi- Terry - cahill

Last year unde Sarri

It was 

Jorgi

Rudi - Luiz - azpi

Watching Jorginho play, I am not sure he is suited to play further forward. 

We can try kante - kova. But from last year, kova need a lot work playing that position 

7 hours ago, Pizy said:

They can play together just fine, I think a Jorginho Kante pairing would do well with Kovacic backing them up.

I m just buoyant with Frank coming in as a manager. Was anxious all this while, checking news site every hour for the news until it happened. I dont remember when was the last time I was so excited for a new manager. 

Before anyone judge me: I still maintain that Lampard is an inexperience manager who has been given a huge responsibility, he is a huge risk, he might not last a season or not and might be worst criticized manager we have in the Roman era. 

But all this aside, being a fan of Chelsea & club football since 2001-02 specially from the time Roman took over ... I feel Lampard is one of our own. Someone whom we admired & loved all these years, cursed/critized when the going was bad, lived the good and the bad moments on the field. And now that he is back in the capacity of a manager (or the modern day term of Head coach) which by the way lot of us thought he or Terry would ... it just putting a spring under our feet despite knowing that there is maybe a 5% chance of him being successful. I havent followed his gameplan much to form an opinion but I'm looking forward to whatever he is getting in. It would be personal for him too because he is coming back to club which has made him what he is, this is his second innings here. I'm sure he has more in stakes compared to anyone else. Yes he mite be the best option in the current scenario (with transfer ban and no top manager willing to come over) but I also like the way the board is taking a chance by getting ex-players back into management (on field & off field). Risks all around. 

Strategy wise the only positive about Lampard would be that he would have a direct line to Roman which his predecessors didnt, otherwise it is an emotional decision ....  but hey!!!  lets give emotions a chance!!! 

Its gonna be one hell of a season!!!