Super Frank Thread

1 hour ago, Jason said:

"What I tried to last year at Derby, and what we will try to do this season, is have an aggressive team with energy, bravery on the ball and an ability to move the ball quickly.

And thats exactly what we want to see.....we missed all that last season, badly. Slow, tedious and 90% of the time we were simply too sluggish to punish teams. We would much rather wait on teams to reorganize and get men behind the ball just for possession sake. Give me aggressive fast footy any day.

7 minutes ago, Atomiswave said:

And thats exactly what we want to see.....we missed all that last season, badly. Slow, tedious and 90% of the time we were simply too sluggish to punish teams. We would much rather wait on teams to reorganize and get men behind the ball just for possession sake. Give me aggressive fast footy any day.

with what players can we move the ball quickly? 

27 minutes ago, Antonio8 said:

with what players can we move the ball quickly? 

Movin the ball fast does not require world class players, its a mentality in playing style. Last season even low tier teams moved the ball faster than us. Its comes from the manager and what he wants to aspire. Even in klops first season with that shitty squad they played fast and were aggressive.....its easily doable.

6 hours ago, Jason said:

1. Mourinho, Sarri etc all had the idea of the kind of players they want in their team and don't want in their team. So, I'm not sure why you're making it out as if Conte was the only one who wanted to get rid bad players.

2. And speaking of Conte and bad players, let's not pretend as if he only wanted to get good players. He wanted some average/bad ones as well. In fact, there's one of his players that we want to get rid now...Bakayoko! We were also linked to some other dross like Candreva, Llorente etc...

Although both are limited players think Candreva would of definitely done a very good job at RWB ahead of Moses and Zappa. Think Conte played him there when he was incharge of the NT during the euros at times. Llorente probably wouldnt of done much more than Giroud though. 

With players like Pulisic, Pedro, Kante, Kova, Barkley, CHO, and RLC we certainly have the tools in certain areas to press high, be aggressive, and take it to the opposition. Unfortunately, in some key areas we have players who would struggle. Giroud for example is ultra slow and cumbersome. The fullbacks could also be a problem if Alonso is drafted back into the first choice XI and Azpi struggles going forward.

Our striker situation in particular I feel is going to really hamper us. Giroud is an excellent rotation option as he proved last season. But to likely have him as our main man? Yikes. Bats is just too clumsy and inconsistent for the top level. 

5 minutes ago, Pizy said:

With players like Pulisic, Pedro, Kante, Kova, Barkley, CHO, and RLC we certainly have the tools in certain areas to press high, be aggressive, and take it to the opposition. Unfortunately, in some key areas we have players who would struggle. Giroud for example is ultra slow and cumbersome. The fullbacks could also be a problem if Alonso is drafted back into the first choice XI and Azpi struggles going forward.

Our striker situation in particular I feel is going to really hamper us. Giroud is an excellent rotation option as he proved last season. But to likely have him as our main man? Yikes. Bats is just too clumsy and inconsistent for the top level. 

I said this earlier in our Chelsea what's app group, the forward's position is a problem. 

51 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

Although both are limited players think Candreva would of definitely done a very good job at RWB ahead of Moses and Zappa. Think Conte played him there when he was incharge of the NT during the euros at times. Llorente probably wouldnt of done much more than Giroud though. 

I know we always talk about backing the manager but Candreva feels like the typical Conte's system, workaholic player as opposed to someone who's actually quality in general. If we had him, he would be just another deadwood in the squad right now with Conte gone.

Giroud isn't great but he's done far more than Llorente in the past 1 1/2 years, notably helping us with the goals in last season's Europa League run. Llorente has been absolutely useless at Spurs.

2 hours ago, Special Juan said:

I said this earlier in our Chelsea what's app group, the forward's position is a problem. 

Considering Pedro is our best finisher anyways, it might be worth a try to play him as striker/false9. He's also got speed, off the ball movement, technique and ability to press which none of our current striker options really have

2 hours ago, Jason said:

I know we always talk about backing the manager but Candreva feels like the typical Conte's system, workaholic player as opposed to someone who's actually quality in general. If we had him, he would be just another deadwood in the squad right now with Conte gone.

Giroud isn't great but he's done far more than Llorente in the past 1 1/2 years, notably helping us with the goals in last season's Europa League run. Llorente has been absolutely useless at Spurs.

I agree. No guarantees that Candreva would have had a good transition in to Englisj football even though he used to be quite good.

Llorente and Giroud used to be like exactly the same player but Giroud has aged way better. 

Will be interestint how Lamps deals with our super diverse 60 players roster. He surely should hav3 enough Material to implement his style. 

Also love how fit and involved he looks like a player coach. Probably the best footballer to ever be our coach both back in his playing days as well as at the time of being coach.

13 hours ago, Atomiswave said:

Nah. Lampard say that every manager say that they want their team to play with full of energy but he said it, it was just talk. I love that he said that. 

It is easy to say let's play fast, the key is can your team do that. Do you want to play fast by being more direct which mean you will lose the ball more. Can you handle the other team in transition. Our transition defense I thought last year was horrible.

It was better under Conte but we played with 3 cb plus two destroyer in front of them 

16 hours ago, Atomiswave said:

Movin the ball fast does not require world class players, its a mentality in playing style. Last season even low tier teams moved the ball faster than us. Its comes from the manager and what he wants to aspire. Even in klops first season with that shitty squad they played fast and were aggressive.....its easily doable.

I hope you're right, but I'm sure that in next season frankie will be obliged to come back to counter attacking football 

5 hours ago, communicate said:

Nah. Lampard say that every manager say that they want their team to play with full of energy but he said it, it was just talk. I love that he said that. 

It is easy to say let's play fast, the key is can your team do that. Do you want to play fast by being more direct which mean you will lose the ball more. Can you handle the other team in transition. Our transition defense I thought last year was horrible.

It was better under Conte but we played with 3 cb plus two destroyer in front of them 

Yeah but I think he actually means it. He has played at the highest level with super fast direct footy. He also gave examples.....and he is of course right. Direct footy is very efficient and its in our dna. Yup our transitions were utterly horrible under Sarii, and we paid for it. Kante will def play as a destroyer im sure of it and not as an attacking mid. Exciting times a head for sure.

1 hour ago, Antonio8 said:

I hope you're right, but I'm sure that in next season frankie will be obliged to come back to counter attacking football 

Lets hope for the best mate.

56 minutes ago, Atomiswave said:

Yeah but I think he actually means it. He has played at the highest level with super fast direct footy. He also gave examples.....and he is of course right. Direct footy is very efficient and its in our dna. Yup our transitions were utterly horrible under Sarii, and we paid for it. Kante will def play as a destroyer im sure of it and not as an attacking mid. Exciting times a head for sure.

Lets hope for the best mate.

Don't get me wrong. He actually meant it. But like I said it is easy to say that we want to play fast. I don't think Sarri said let's play slow football, his Napoli team played one of the fastest tempo in Europe. 

I want to see what Lampard has in his sleeves. Kante as holder will help against transition but Jorginho as holder hell us play against press. 

1 minute ago, communicate said:

Don't get me wrong. He actually meant it. But like I said it is easy to say that we want to play fast. I don't think Sarri said let's play slow football, his Napoli team played one of the fastest tempo in Europe. 

I want to see what Lampard has in his sleeves. Kante as holder will help against transition but Jorginho as holder hell us play against press. 

Yeah I see what you mean......hope he figures it out our Lamps. Kante and Jorgo can play besides eachother and it will help our MF big time compared to last season. Let Cheek do the havoc in the attacking sense.