Mateo Kovacic

Unionjack

Just now, killer1257 said:

He was one of the reasons why we conceded a goal tonight

Gesendet von meinem SM-G920F mit Tapatalk

that is harsh on multiple levels

bad VAR call, and Jorgi could have smashed it into touch straightaway before that

Biggest compliment i can pay him is we haven't missed Kante.

Tell me about it. It’s almost a crime to not miss Kante but the truth is I really don’t. This combo we have right now just clicks, a joy to watch.

5 minutes ago, Tomo said:

That's a huge blow because i actually think Jorginho's the one player in the squad we can't afford to lose.

If Kante comes back I think we will manage. Kovacic maybe have to take the mantle a bit and not burst forward as much and dictate the game like Jorginho does. I dont think he cant do it in all fairness, he has got a good passing range and understanding so he should be able to continue on his performances and maybe just be a bit more conservative with his role next week, allowing Kante to be a bit more free to get between the boxes.

4 minutes ago, Stats said:

Was sensational today. Controlled that game. His close-ball control and ability to maneuver out of tight spaces is amazing.

Kovacic is the midfield version of Hazard but just without the goals and assists.

“Kovačić, his ability to play – him and Jorgi together – and then that ability to drive from midfield, that’s not the norm. As a midfield player it’s your worst nightmare having a player who can play and then drive by you out of nowhere.”

“He was doing that today to great effect. Really pleased with him.”

–Frank Lampard; source: Metro UK

Lampard on Kovacic...

https://www.football.london/chelsea-fc/players/mateo-kovacic-chelsea-frank-lampard-17227706

"I think it’s commonplace for players coming from a foreign league to the Premier League to have a period of settling in," Lampard said.

"And I think with Kovacic I thought there were some really good signs and positives from him last year. The fact he was changing in and out of the team is never easy, I get that.

"And now as a manager I get that even more. I do think he feels at home now. Not that I knew how he was last year but his personality shines through in the group.

"He’s a very likeable character with a nice tough side to him, in terms of how I see him on the pitch and off the pitch. He’s a really good player.

"He’s now signed to the club, I get that that can make someone feel happy, and he’s been playing really well."

"Yes. I do [want him to score more] and he does," Lampard added. "The quality he has shown in big parts this season, and I think the natural progression is goals and we are working on that one.

The moment Kovacic scores his first goal could be like when Makelele/Mikel did so!

45 minutes ago, Jason said:

Lampard on Kovacic...

https://www.football.london/chelsea-fc/players/mateo-kovacic-chelsea-frank-lampard-17227706

The moment Kovacic scores his first goal could be like when Makelele/Mikel did so!

Kovacic in 14/15 season scored 8 goals in 44 games for Inter! Why was he effective only in that season I don't know... 

I think for now when we're just playing two of Jorginho, Kovacic and Kante then the former two should get the nod.

They have been operating at a world class level this last month and it has to be rewarded. As incredible as Kante is it will send the complete wrong message if we bench Kovacic immediately.