Mateo Kovacic

Unionjack

On 6/27/2019 at 8:59 AM, MoroccanBlue said:

In terms of technical ability, Kovacic is vastly superior and much more suited in this system. 

IF used right, he can be a great option for us. Lamps must surely see that if it's true it was his say so. 

Fucking woooow. Get a couple back from injury and then lose another. Kova has been excellent this season, too.

Why was he even cleared to go on international duty?! Came off with a knock at the weekend and should've been kept back as a precaution.

*Sigh* Guess that means more Barkley in the starting XI. 😩

1 minute ago, Jason said:

Another injury. Great, just fucking great! :doh: :rant:

Dafuq whats going on this season. At least its happens at a time where Ngolo is cominh back so we have enough cover. Lets hope its nothing serious and he just recovers over the international break

1 minute ago, Magic Lamps said:

Dafuq whats going on this season. At least its happens at a time where Ngolo is cominh back so we have enough cover. Lets hope its nothing serious and he just recovers over the international break

He's suffered an 'inflamed Achilles tendon' (to his right leg). Any idea how serious usually is that and/or how long does it take for one to recover from that?

2 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Why was he even cleared to go on international duty?! Came off with a knock at the weekend and should've been kept back as a precaution.

TBF, he didn't even play yet for Croatia. The club/NT likely discovered it after some tests. 

2 minutes ago, Jason said:

He's suffered an 'inflamed Achilles tendon' (to his right leg). Any idea how serious usually is that and/or how long does it take for one to recover from that?

Phew. Inflamed tendons are a moderately severe injury. Ampng the most common injuries among athletes. Depending on how flamed it is he will need to reduce training volume for a few weeks, so might take a month max till he is match fit again. The good thing is he does not need to stop working out completely, he needs no surgery and it will heal completely with no long term consequences expected.

Just now, Jason said:

Depends on how inflamed that is. I had that injury a couple of times. Also, it depends how you got the injury. Once, it took me a little bit more than a week to recover and do the movements I used to do. Reason was that some muscles like the anterior tibialis were too tight. One time I got the injury because my anterior tibialis and a specific calf muscle was too weak. That took me one month to get recover and I could not do any real training at all. So it depends. He obviously has to go to therapy and the doctors are probably very knowledgable regarding that injury because RLC and CHO have that injury too

When the muscles were too tight, I could barely walk. Pain was very hard

1 hour ago, Magic Lamps said:

Phew. Inflamed tendons are a moderately severe injury. Ampng the most common injuries among athletes. Depending on how flamed it is he will need to reduce training volume for a few weeks, so might take a month max till he is match fit again. The good thing is he does not need to stop working out completely, he needs no surgery and it will heal completely with no long term consequences expected.

1 hour ago, killer1257 said:

Depends on how inflamed that is. I had that injury a couple of times. Also, it depends how you got the injury. Once, it took me a little bit more than a week to recover and do the movements I used to do. Reason was that some muscles like the anterior tibialis were too tight. One time I got the injury because my anterior tibialis and a specific calf muscle was too weak. That took me one month to get recover and I could not do any real training at all. So it depends. He obviously has to go to therapy and the doctors are probably very knowledgable regarding that injury because RLC and CHO have that injury too

When the muscles were too tight, I could barely walk. Pain was very hard

So going by what you both said, he could be out for up to a month? Thankfully, the international break is here but on the other hand, games will start to pile up after the break! :rant:

Just now, Jason said:

So going by what you both said, he could out for up to a month? Thankfully, the international break is here but on the other hand, games will start to pile up after the break! :rant:

I would say two to four weeks. If it is a bad case maybe even six weeks. I know a friend of mine that ended his career because of an inflammend achilles tendon. It is not that dramatic though. The problem about that is that even after it is healed, you need to solve all the causes that triggered it. For example, if tightness was the reason, you need more massages and stretching. If weakness was the reason, you need strenghtening. Usually one muscle is too tight and the other one is too weak. Reason for that is that if one muscle is too weak, one other muscle needs to do more work to compensate the weakness.

Also, if he starts training again after two weaks, it is still a risk to play him. I  would not play him for at least two more weaks after he is healed up because you never know with those tendons. We can´´t risk having another 5 months injury.