Mateo Kovacic

Unionjack

5 hours ago, communicate said:

Arguably my most dissapointed player so far. You can see the potential but his decision making still lacking. 

are you taking the piss?

Kovacic has been solid

surely you must admit that there are multiple players who have been far worse

Azpi, Zouma, and Willian have been trainwrecks

16 hours ago, Vesper said:

are you taking the piss?

Kovacic has been solid

surely you must admit that there are multiple players who have been far worse

Azpi, Zouma, and Willian have been trainwrecks

Nope. Kovacic has potential to be one of the best cm in the world, technically very gifted, physically very good and defensively pretty good. But sometimes he made crazy pass or left his partner by himself too often. That need to be fix. 

Azpi is doing fine. He is being asked to play as dynamic rb, he will suffer defensively. That is as expected, he is not exactly young anymore. 

Zouma is also doing fine. It can be very painful to watch when he is on the ball but defensively he is fine. With proper midfield in front of him, I think he will look better. Plus our cb pairing are just too inexperience. 

Willian is also doing fine other than his first match which was horrific. Against Sheffield, he came on and helped us big time in term of bringing the ball up. 

Just now, communicate said:

Nope. Kovacic has potential to be one of the best cm in the world, technically very gifted, physically very good and defensively pretty good. But sometimes he made crazy pass or left his partner by himself too often. That need to be fix. 

Azpi is doing fine. He is being asked to play as dynamic rb, he will suffer defensively. That is as expected, he is not exactly young anymore. 

Zouma is also doing fine. It can be very painful to watch when he is on the ball but defensively he is fine. With proper midfield in front of him, I think he will look better. Plus our cb pairing are just too inexperience. 

Willian is also doing fine other than his first match which was horrific. Against Sheffield, he came on and helped us big time in term of bringing the ball up. 

I don´t think that Kovacic can become world class. He lacks that world class passing ability for his position and/or he lacks in goal scoring abilities. I don´t hink that he will ever manage to solve his weaknesses. He is pretty good nowadays, but I prefer fully fit RLC and Mount over him. Sometimes, we play with three defensive midfielders (Kovacic, Jorginho and Kante).

4 minutes ago, killer1257 said:

I don´t think that Kovacic can become world class. He lacks that world class passing ability for his position and/or he lacks in goal scoring abilities. I don´t hink that he will ever manage to solve his weaknesses. He is pretty good nowadays, but I prefer fully fit RLC and Mount over him. Sometimes, we play with three defensive midfielders (Kovacic, Jorginho and Kante).

Kovacic passing is very2 good, it is his decision making that is lacking. But the way we are playing right now, Kova is not competing with mount and Ruben. Ruben will compete with mount and Barkley for that no 10 spot. 

Kovacic passing is very2 good, it is his decision making that is lacking. But the way we are playing right now, Kova is not competing with mount and Ruben. Ruben will compete with mount and Barkley for that no 10 spot. 
RLC is Not a no. 10 and will never be.

Gesendet von meinem SM-G920F mit Tapatalk

He can play there. I see ruben play that role similar to the way pogba played that role last year. 

He can play there, but he is a real no. 8 and that his best position. We should start using him where he is most comfortable and that was also his position last season. Sarri needed a real no. 8 next to Kante and that was RLC. Kovacic could not do the job like RLC managed to do that.

Just now, killer1257 said:

He can play there, but he is a real no. 8 and that his best position. We should start using him where he is most comfortable and that was also his position last season. Sarri needed a real no. 8 next to Kante and that was RLC. Kovacic could not do the job like RLC managed to do that.

If he is more comfortable playing as no 8 then play him as no 8. It does not really matter. He is still playing  as the most advanced midfield. But not as 2 man midfield (maybe except against a very weak team). For me it come down how we want to play

Mount 

Ruben - Kante 

Are just way too offensive for me. We need our winger to be Willian type but we have Puli and CHO so that is not an option. 

30 minutes ago, communicate said:

Zouma is also doing fine. It can be very painful to watch when he is on the ball but defensively he is fine. 

Shocking. 

I don't know what is Azpi  being asked to play but his contribution is attack is non existent and also we conceded a lot of goals because of him. 

If you think scoring own goals, giving penalties away is fine then yes Zouma is fine. Him and Azpi are at fault for almost all goals we conceded this season. 

And about Willian don't know what to say. From his Sheffield cameo I remember giving the ball away every time he had possession with misplaced passes.

If he is more comfortable playing as no 8 then play him as no 8. It does not really matter. He is still playing  as the most advanced midfield. But not as 2 man midfield (maybe except against a very weak team). For me it come down how we want to play

Mount 

Ruben - Kante 

Are just way too offensive for me. We need our winger to be Willian type but we have Puli and CHO so that is not an option. 

RLC was always playing as a no. 8 in youth level. He does also his defensive work and when he wins a tackles, he makes his Yaya Toure bulldozer runs forward. That was always his biggest strenght. He brings a midfield dominance into the team because of his physical advantages. Also, Kante is the best defensive midfielder and if they both work together, I don´t see a problem. Kovacic, Jorginho and Kante are three defensive midfielders.

4 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

Shocking. 

I don't know what is Azpi  being asked to play but his contribution is attack is non existent and also we conceded a lot of goals because of him. 

If you think scoring own goals, giving penalties away is fine then yes Zouma is fine. Him and Azpi are at fault for almost all goals we conceded this season. 

And about Willian don't know what to say. From his Sheffield cameo I remember giving the ball away every time he had possession with misplaced passes.

Azpi assisted Tammy first goal, he will never be great offensively. That is obvious but he is asked to be a more dynamic rb which is difficult for him. 

Sheffield 2nd goal was Azpi and Tomori fault. But honestly that game was more on Lamp. 

Willian was important in that Sheffield game he was the only one who can pick the ball up and bring the ball forward. We were sitting duck pretty much all 2nd half. 

I have no problem with these 3 players because I don't have much expectation. Azpi will not suddenly turn back the clock, Willian won't turn into hazard, he is what he is. Zouma is also a decent CB,not a great one. 

11 minutes ago, killer1257 said:

RLC was always playing as a no. 8 in youth level. He does also his defensive work and when he wins a tackles, he makes his Yaya Toure bulldozer runs forward. That was always his biggest strenght. He brings a midfield dominance into the team because of his physical advantages. Also, Kante is the best defensive midfielder and if they both work together, I don´t see a problem. Kovacic, Jorginho and Kante are three defensive midfielders.

After last season I can tell that ruben is not good defensively but that is not much a problem playing in 3 man midfield and will be problematic in 2 man midfield. It will put tons of pressure on kante though as holder. 

• 1 month later...