Mateo Kovacic

Unionjack

2 hours ago, Special Juan said:

Alexis Sanchez is out for 2-3 months apparently, it's like International football with hammers and axes involved.

I reckon football will be more and more plagued with injuries because there will be more and more games.

It will eventualy lead to the same thing NBA has which is load management. I mean load management is obviously present with all the rotations already, but then it will be heavily focused on to keep players fresh and prevent injuries.

1 hour ago, NikkiCFC said:

Fantastic game. If he becomes a goal threat what a player he would be? 

True but...

We have to accept that weak area of his game is why he's here. If he were a goal threat Real would never have sold him, and he'd never have left.

1 hour ago, NikkiCFC said:
22 minutes ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

True but...

We have to accept that weak area of his game is why he's here. If he were a goal threat Real would never have sold him, and he'd never have left.

Modric is not a big time scorer either.. Still won that crappy award. Football is like that, roles changes. Just becsuse he is a midfielder he doesn’t have to be a goal threat to be a great player. 

Best example is Firmino. He is the CF but Manè and Salah scores more, still he is the most important player among those 3, Chelea could see it in August.

Kova is still 25 only.. I think his best years are yet to come. Just like Jorginho, you need the experience to fulfill your potential. I’m sure Real will regret selling him one day.

Footballers' prices really make no sense. This guy cost same as Bakayoko and Drinkwater? He's 10 times the player those two can ever even dream of being! Cheaper than that fraud Fred as well. What a great deal it was indeed bringing Kova to SB on a permanent

1 hour ago, OneMoSalah said:

Has been excellent all season. People were right to be curious about signing him permanently based on last season but hes proven everyone wrong and is excelling. 

Indeed. I wrote him off too soon because he looked lost most of last season, but he improved alot. Much like Jorginho too.

But how much Frank really rates him over others? Before Ajax he didn't start five games in a row. Even without Kante against Newcastle Barkley started deeper. Now without three midfielders he must play. Also in pre season Lamps indicate he sees RLC in that role. 

But how much Frank really rates him over others? Before Ajax he didn't start five games in a row. Even without Kante against Newcastle Barkley started deeper. Now without three midfielders he must play. Also in pre season Lamps indicate he sees RLC in that role. 
There's no way you pick RLC over kova unless you have Jorginho and Kante in the team.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

7 hours ago, NikkiCFC said:

Regardless, having Jorginho, Kante, Kovacic, Mount, Barkley, Ruben and even Gilmour for 3 roles in the team with all the games we will play this season, it isnt exactly the worst thing to have is it? 5, 6 or 7 years ago we would of killed to have a midfield of this calibre in terms of geniunely top notch technical players. I mean we wanted Modric back in the day etc and now we have players who maybe arent as good as Modric was then or that but are in the right mould, very good technicians with other skillsets too.

Genuinely think Ross will be out the door in the summer in all honesty if he doesnt buck up his ideas on the park too

2 hours ago, Supermonkey92 said:

There's no way you pick RLC over kova unless you have Jorginho and Kante in the team.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Lampard is gonna have a big headache when Loftus-Cheek returns and make some hard choices in dropping players here and there. But on the other hand, it's great that we suddenly have a good squad depth, something that we didn't necessarily think we would have before the season started. 

Lampard is gonna have a big headache when Loftus-Cheek returns and make some hard choices in dropping players here and there. But on the other hand, it's great that we suddenly have a good squad depth, something that we didn't necessarily think we would have before the season started. 
I agree, but sooner or later, one of them will leave us. It may be Mount, RLC or Kova. For me personally, RLC gives our game the most improvement because of his runs. But Mount and Kova are Pressing machines. Also, Anjorin will be ready Next Season or the Season after that...

Gesendet von meinem SM-G920F mit Tapatalk

15 hours ago, nyikolajevics said:

Modric is not a big time scorer either.. Still won that crappy award. Football is like that, roles changes. Just becsuse he is a midfielder he doesn’t have to be a goal threat to be a great player. 

Best example is Firmino. He is the CF but Manè and Salah scores more, still he is the most important player among those 3, Chelea could see it in August.

Kova is still 25 only.. I think his best years are yet to come. Just like Jorginho, you need the experience to fulfill your potential. I’m sure Real will regret selling him one day.

Yes, a player does not need to be a goal scorer in order to be a valuable midfielder, or anything else for that matter. What counts is his contribution to the team. Of course.

None of that impacts what I said though. I said if Kova had been a goal threat that Madrid would not have sold him and I'm firmly convinced of that. For one thing, they would then have found it easier to play him in the same midfield as Modric. Real clearly saw Kova's quality, hence the decision to sign him, but eventually they had to accept his lack of goal output and consider if, without them, he was the right fit for their squad. He's here so we know their conclusion, but Kova + goals = no Chelsea.

3 hours ago, killer1257 said:

I agree, but sooner or later, one of them will leave us. It may be Mount, RLC or Kova. For me personally, RLC gives our game the most improvement because of his runs. But Mount and Kova are Pressing machines. Also, Anjorin will be ready Next Season or the Season after that...

Gesendet von meinem SM-G920F mit Tapatalk

For some reason I have a feeling it will be Kante who's leaving. Real, PSG or Juve will make an offer Marina can't refuse