Sarri But Not Sarri Thread

23 minutes ago, Jason said:

Not sure what this says about the league in general but Serie A 'do have a tendency of reviving/prolonging' the career of players. I mean, there's always a 35+ years old as one of the top scorers. And I wouldn't put it past Conte somehow resurrecting Sanchez's career. He might not rediscover his very best form but he could still be a good player. 

Maybe in some cases but Alexis is more of a Torres case than a Quagliarella, he's been so unbelievably bad for 2 years that even a mini revival would be unprecedented.

From watching him at United i genuinely don't think he's even a top flight quality player anymore, when you also factor wages United would have been better off signing any and i mean any other PL winger.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

So far so good at Juventus I think its safe to say. Averaging 1.9 goals p game, 16 shots p game, as well as obviously dominating possession as youd expect.

Showed some tactical flexibility between 433 and 4312 and has even been rotating the likes of Ramsey, Dybala, Bentancur, Bernardeschi, Higuain, Danilo, Cuadrado and Chiellini in and out of his team depending on the shape and opposition which we really didnt see here. Even played 442 in some games with Matuidi playing on the left side like he did for France in the world cup as well.

I think everyone knew who would be in the starting 11 after 5 games every week when he was here but at Juventus they could go 433 with Costa/Bernardeschi and Ronaldo wide or 4312/442 with Dybala/Higuain and Ronaldo supported by Ramsey/Bernardeschi or two wingers. Not even taking into account his midfield options which I think for any club, regardless of what people think of the likes of Khedira and Matuidi to have them with all their experience on either side of Pjanic, as well as having options such as Bentancur, Rabiot, Ramsey who can play on the left or right side of a 3 or even in a 2,  I think if he wasnt able to be flexible with those he would never be able to.

Obviously beat Inter as well as managing the game well. His system and selection worked. He seems to be adapting his way of setting his sides up a bit, they can go a lot more varied and play direct passes as opposed to just constantly keeping it short and inviting a press to play through it, especially against Inter which worked quite well.

Maybe learning after his spell here about the fact that his philosophy needed tweaks here and there. 

Still really excited to see how Serie A ends up this season, Conte, Sarri, Carlo all managing the most likely clubs to compete for the title. Think Juve will win it still but it will be intriguing to say the least to see how those other 2 fair and if anyone else comes to the fore. AC Milan an absolute shambles which is a shame for the Italian league though.

Sarii has def learned from his time at SB, and he simply has far better players at his disposal vs Inter. Should still be a blast though...im rooting for Inter. Juve won 8 in a row, enough already. Ridiculous how one team can own the League like that.

On 10/9/2019 at 2:47 PM, OneMoSalah said:

So far so good at Juventus I think its safe to say. Averaging 1.9 goals p game, 16 shots p game, as well as obviously dominating possession as youd expect.

Showed some tactical flexibility between 433 and 4312 and has even been rotating the likes of Ramsey, Dybala, Bentancur, Bernardeschi, Higuain, Danilo, Cuadrado and Chiellini in and out of his team depending on the shape and opposition which we really didnt see here. Even played 442 in some games with Matuidi playing on the left side like he did for France in the world cup as well.

I think everyone knew who would be in the starting 11 after 5 games every week when he was here but at Juventus they could go 433 with Costa/Bernardeschi and Ronaldo wide or 4312/442 with Dybala/Higuain and Ronaldo supported by Ramsey/Bernardeschi or two wingers. Not even taking into account his midfield options which I think for any club, regardless of what people think of the likes of Khedira and Matuidi to have them with all their experience on either side of Pjanic, as well as having options such as Bentancur, Rabiot, Ramsey who can play on the left or right side of a 3 or even in a 2,  I think if he wasnt able to be flexible with those he would never be able to.

Obviously beat Inter as well as managing the game well. His system and selection worked. He seems to be adapting his way of setting his sides up a bit, they can go a lot more varied and play direct passes as opposed to just constantly keeping it short and inviting a press to play through it, especially against Inter which worked quite well.

Maybe learning after his spell here about the fact that his philosophy needed tweaks here and there. 

Still really excited to see how Serie A ends up this season, Conte, Sarri, Carlo all managing the most likely clubs to compete for the title. Think Juve will win it still but it will be intriguing to say the least to see how those other 2 fair and if anyone else comes to the fore. AC Milan an absolute shambles which is a shame for the Italian league though.

Atm he can play Matuidi and Rabiot on the wings and still win 90% of the games in serie a with that juve team. 

But IMO he is never winning CL with them. Juve has a weak midfield for europe, a poor RB and no proper striker.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

For Sarri fan lovers and those considering our parting ways with as a wrong move by the club even though he left himself....you can visit Juventus forum to see how infuriating and mad they are especially replacing Allegri with Sarri...they view Sarri as an abomination of a manager...

On ‎10‎-‎02‎-‎2020 at 2:26 PM, Alabama said:

For Sarri fan lovers and those considering our parting ways with as a wrong move by the club even though he left himself....you can visit Juventus forum to see how infuriating and mad they are especially replacing Allegri with Sarri...they view Sarri as an abomination of a manager...

Allegri is simply the much better manager,some may call it boring and pragmatic but Im sure Juve fans didnt complain much. Now they are horrible at set-pieces, boring footy all around. And thats with Ronaldo saving their asses plenty already. Just like our fansbase didnt take him in neither have the Juve fans.

2 minutes ago, Atomiswave said:

Allegri is simply the much better manager,some may call it boring and pragmatic but Im sure Juve fans didnt complain much. Now they are horrible at set-pieces, boring footy all around. And thats with Ronaldo saving their asses plenty already. Just like our fansbase didnt take him in neither have the Juve fans.

The funniest thing is most of their fanbase knew he is not that good of a manager especially his time here  as a stubborn one trick ponytail of a manager....The fast pace expansive and sophisticated attacking style promised to them is far away from they are currently experiencing....

10 minutes ago, Atomiswave said:

CR7

35 games

35 goals

35 years old

Like Zidane at Real,  Sarri is lucky he can count on Ronaldo when they play poorly. Juventus are a top team with a good squad but the likes of Pjanic, Costa, Ronaldo, Higuain, Matuidi, Khedira, Bonucci, Chiellini, Cuadrado are older and cannot play every game every week like Sarri seems to prefer doing with his preferred 11 at every club.

Not using Can (loaned out to Dortmund now so not an option), Manduzkic (gone now as well), Rugani, Ramsey more frequently earlier/in the run to the finish of the season could go against him.

I think theyll turn it round even under Allegri they had spells where they scraped games after running out of steam. Be interesting to see what he does in the market in the summer if he stays on. Because other than Bernadesci, Dybala, Deminal  Rabiot, de Ligt and Bentancur they have an older squad that regardless of manager, needs some refreshing eventually. 

• 2 months later...