Sarri But Not Sarri Thread

On 08/08/2020 at 11:29 PM, Yeboii said:

For some reason I feel happy with this as Sarri basically gave up on Chelsea and jumped ship right away when Juve came calling.

Why should he have stuck by us when fans were chanting at him to fuck off while giving him all of the blame and none of the credit?

Loyalty works both ways!

• 3 weeks later...

I never understood the hatred towards this man. He worked 30 years through shit, as a banker and a semi-pro football coach before becoming full-time manager of a big football club. He should be the example and the idol for all the wannabe scouts, managers and accountants on this forum, if anything. The football his Napoli played is some of the best I've ever seen. I'd love to see some of that again so I hope he manages to sign for a club that has the right style of play in place from the beginning for once just to make his 'transition' just that much easier this time (which wasnt the case at Napoli, Chelsea or at Juve).

• 1 month later...

When you think about it this guy did wonders with our defense. We had 3rd best defense in the league with Kepa, Alonso, Rudiger and Luiz!

City and Bournemouth games aside where we where shambolic and conceded 10 goals in other 36 games with Sarri we conceded just 29 goals. When we won title with Mourinho 32 and with Conte 33 goals full season.

On 21/10/2020 at 6:14 PM, NikkiCFC said:

When you think about it this guy did wonders with our defense. We had 3rd best defense in the league with Kepa, Alonso, Rudiger and Luiz!

City and Bournemouth games aside where we where shambolic and conceded 10 goals in other 36 games with Sarri we conceded just 29 goals. When we won title with Mourinho 32 and with Conte 33 goals full season.

Dont praise Sarri. People on here will slag you off for that.... yes those points are true. Kepa didn't look horrendous. Neither did Rudiger and neither did Luiz at times. But everything was so much more rigid and structured which can help players look better. But people wanted him gone, the fans didn't appreciate what he was trying to do or understand him. There was so much complaining (on here especially but its not as if its any better now in terms of the style of play or that is it? Or if the gap from City and Liverpool is any/getting any closer but we do need time to get these new guys in the team but as we seen with Conte first season, certain managers are able to innovate and make that difference) because of these games where we were predictable in attack (again any surprises bar Eden its not as if he has the likes of Havertz, Werner, Pulisic, Ziyech to work with now like FL has and even then without those players and Eden, our attacking play has suffered since 2020 aftera a promising start with FL) and the fact he didn't play RLC and CHO, which many people think stopped getting him sacked when they started playing them.... as if haha, the results improved, if they got worse with them playing it would of been exactly the same, we seen it with Frank last season also playing young players and not getting good results doesn't grant you any sort of immunity.

I wonder what he's going to do now. That's 2 clubs that have really given him a chance and then turned around an effectively got rid of him after a year. We didn't sack him but we may as well have because we all know that the backing of him in terms of as a manager and what he wanted to do clearly wasn't there based on his comments at the end of May where he was going to have a meeting with Marina and by the sounds of it he was basically making out he wanted to stay, the fan unrest didn't help and then Juventus, huge club was basically an escape for him.

Juventus was always going to be a huge job for anyone, had been saying for ages after Conte and Allegri were the squad had the same backbone for so long, it needed fresh ideas. The Sarri/Tuchel/Pochetino's of the world were the sort of guys they need to go for while refreshing an aging squad and Pirlo looks like he's gonna be in that mould, while trying to play attacking football. 

I think he will get another job at some point this season but I don't know where. He will have plenty Marlboro Reds with that Juventus pay off anyway, meant to be costing them between 20-30m after sacking him because of his contract. 

4 hours ago, OneMoSalah said:

Dont praise Sarri. People on here will slag you off for that.... yes those points are true. Kepa didn't look horrendous. Neither did Rudiger and neither did Luiz at times. But everything was so much more rigid and structured which can help players look better. But people wanted him gone, the fans didn't appreciate what he was trying to do or understand him. There was so much complaining (on here especially but its not as if its any better now in terms of the style of play or that is it? Or if the gap from City and Liverpool is any/getting any closer but we do need time to get these new guys in the team but as we seen with Conte first season, certain managers are able to innovate and make that difference) because of these games where we were predictable in attack (again any surprises bar Eden its not as if he has the likes of Havertz, Werner, Pulisic, Ziyech to work with now like FL has and even then without those players and Eden, our attacking play has suffered since 2020 aftera a promising start with FL) and the fact he didn't play RLC and CHO, which many people think stopped getting him sacked when they started playing them.... as if haha, the results improved, if they got worse with them playing it would of been exactly the same, we seen it with Frank last season also playing young players and not getting good results doesn't grant you any sort of immunity.

I wonder what he's going to do now. That's 2 clubs that have really given him a chance and then turned around an effectively got rid of him after a year. We didn't sack him but we may as well have because we all know that the backing of him in terms of as a manager and what he wanted to do clearly wasn't there based on his comments at the end of May where he was going to have a meeting with Marina and by the sounds of it he was basically making out he wanted to stay, the fan unrest didn't help and then Juventus, huge club was basically an escape for him.

Juventus was always going to be a huge job for anyone, had been saying for ages after Conte and Allegri were the squad had the same backbone for so long, it needed fresh ideas. The Sarri/Tuchel/Pochetino's of the world were the sort of guys they need to go for while refreshing an aging squad and Pirlo looks like he's gonna be in that mould, while trying to play attacking football. 

I think he will get another job at some point this season but I don't know where. He will have plenty Marlboro Reds with that Juventus pay off anyway, meant to be costing them between 20-30m after sacking him because of his contract. 

He is linked with Fiorentina now.

• 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...