Sarri But Not Sarri Thread

Some of his comments were interesting.

'I am not someone who gives pats on the back. I talk a lot about their mistakes and little about what is done well.'

Personally think that this went against him with our players at times, although,  for me, I think its kinda the right approach to have too especially the mistakes part.

Mistakes happen and I still remember seeing Brendan Rodgers call Martin Skrtl "brave" or "courageous" for wanting to play out in a postmatch interview, after he played a short backpass to his GK which Carlos Tevez or whoever it was intercepted and then scored for City. I mean it was a blatent mistake.

I get the principle of these managers like Sarri, Pep, Rodgers etc who have this style where they will make mistakes in playing out but just say it was a mistake, address it, rectify it and move on. Realistically how are teams going to improve if coaches dont talk more about mistakes or where they could improve rather than just focus on everything thats going well? Surely thats how teams and players become complacent? 

I dont think at a top club players should really be expecting to be praised the whole time when things are going well. Really it should be what is expected, what is demanded not only by the manager but the players themselves or so youd think in a dressing room with top professionals in it. Okay there is a time where the praise should perhaps be given etc but I wouldnt think many of these top top footballers play football for praise, they play to win and for the sheer enjoyment.

I mean back in the day do you think Jose or Carlo would be blowing smoke up peoples arses for beating the likes of teams who finish between 8th and 20th? Or the likes of Sir Alex or a Capello or a Lippi or whoever?

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/14/2020 at 7:06 PM, Atomiswave said:

Allegri is simply the much better manager,some may call it boring and pragmatic but Im sure Juve fans didnt complain much. Now they are horrible at set-pieces, boring footy all around. And thats with Ronaldo saving their asses plenty already. Just like our fansbase didnt take him in neither have the Juve fans.

Funniest thing is Juve trying to be big team ready to march for CL while having Danilo and that excuse of a midfield where only Pjanic is good enough. 

• 1 month later...

Took a brief look at juventuz.com forums and they cant stand the guy, these are all new quotes

At this level Corona isnt an excuse..

Sarri is a dud.. We simply havent played well under him and the performances have regressed since King Max left..

I can't stand this guy. He always seems clueless. Our set pieces are a shambles, we had 13 corners and didn't do shit with them..

Leave.

Just leave.

Getting outplayed by Donnarumma and the local Bocce team. GTFO.

Moments like this make me wish the lockdown was longer

I forgot how boring Sarriball is

My favourite tactic of his is when our players are in good crossing positions but instead pass the ball back. Never waste a good opportunity to keep possession

Probably. Imagine you have a nice Jaguar parked in your garage, but you trade it for a Skoda Felicia, or that you're dating a successful and driven lawyer, only to break up with her and start dating the illiterate noodle vendor.

Imagine you have a choice of the best Japanese beef, but you opt for cornbread and gumbo. These are all choices - they're dumb stupid choices, but they're choices nonetheless.

Juventus made the dumb stupid choice.

They are going mental lol.....most of us were of the same opinion as above when he was here.

1 minute ago, Vesper said:

Sarriball is often like watching paint dry

I kid you not, often I just fell asleep or close to it. Other times I didnt bother to watch as I knew it was bound to freak me out, so ponderous so boring so predictable.

'He cheated on me... left with the vulgar excuse of money': Napoli owner Aurelio De Laurentiis takes swipe at Maurizio Sarri and says he betrayed him by leaving as pair prepare to go head-to-head in Coppa Italia final

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-8421305/Napoli-owner-Aurelio-Laurentiis-takes-swipe-Maurizio-Sarri-ahead-Coppa-Italia-final.html

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Just now, killer1257 said:

Horrible if true. That would mean that no club will buy Jorginho

Gesendet von meinem VOG-L29 mit Tapatalk

TBH, wouldn't be against keeping Jorginho around as a squad player...