Sarri But Not Sarri Thread

21 hours ago, NikkiCFC said:

Very possible, and I can see him going for RLC. Would be nice.

Would be wishful thinking but about as likely as pig flying or seeing a unicorn in real life. I mean I am sorry but why make these daft former manager wants former player assumptions when there is about a 0.00001% chance of these happening in all realism 🤣

I mean why would he go for RLC when Lazio have Sergej Milinkovic-Savic and Luis Alberto? Why would anyone? Ruben could only get a loan move to Fulham who got relegated this season, where he played extremely poor, so why would Lazio take a gamble???? It would be one of the stupidest moves ever. Player who doesn't possess any real incision as an attacking midfielder joins one the most defensive/tactical leagues in the world .... dear god. I just hope we dont have him back next season at all costs also but I don't think we will be so lucky that Sarri or any other major Italian team will sign him either 🤣

Even if they lose one or both of those, I would be shocked beyond belief if he wanted either Ruben and if they could if they could afford his 120-150k wages and even more so if Lazio could afford 1/2 of Jorginho as these will start eventually (who is probably going to be getting a new deal and one of Tuchel's favorites) ... 

21 hours ago Jas said:

Let the Jorginho to Lazio rumors begin ...

Well someone has to start them!

Would cost too much. Not as bad as the RLC one though and at least more realistic 🤣

While Sarri is by no means a bad coach he is one of the least inspiring ones we had in the last 20 years. Would not lose any sleep over him at any PL rival and least of all Arsenal. Their mercenary squad with terrible mentality would simply combust under his rigid style.

1 hour ago, OneMoSalah said:

Would be wishful thinking but about as likely as pig flying or seeing a unicorn in real life. I mean I am sorry but why make these daft former manager wants former player assumptions when there is about a 0.00001% chance of these happening in all realism 🤣

I mean why would he go for RLC when Lazio have Sergej Milinkovic-Savic and Luis Alberto? Why would anyone? Ruben could only get a loan move to Fulham who got relegated this season, where he played extremely poor, so why would Lazio take a gamble???? It would be one of the stupidest moves ever. Player who doesn't possess any real incision as an attacking midfielder joins one the most defensive/tactical leagues in the world .... dear god. I just hope we dont have him back next season at all costs also but I don't think we will be so lucky that Sarri or any other major Italian team will sign him either 🤣

How Ruben did in Fulham is pretty much irrelevant. Sarri has nice memories of RLC. 10 goals and 5 open play assists in just under 2000 mins. He become starter here ahead of Ross and Kovacic and played his best football.

It would be loan obvy so cannot see much risk. SMS is likely to leave also. Higuain did not do good in Milan and that did not stop Sarri to bring him here.

After all, Bakayoko got loans to Milan and Napoli after being terrible here. Have no idea why are you so surprised...

39 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

While Sarri is by no means a bad coach he is one of the least inspiring ones we had in the last 20 years. Would not lose any sleep over him at any PL rival and least of all Arsenal. Their mercenary squad with terrible mentality would simply combust under his rigid style.

Yes, they have the least professional squad in the EPL

horrid mentalities abound even though one left (bobblehead) but Lucas Torreira and Guendouzi (although he is close to moving on a perm to Marseille) come back from loans so the cunt quotient will on net explode again

these are all moody twats

Bernd Leno  
Gabriel
Héctor Bellerín    
Cédric Soares   
Granit Xhaka   
Dani Ceballos   (likely gone)
Gabriel Martinelli  (moody AF lately, not happy to be semi frozen out)  
Willian   
Reiss Nelson   
Alexandre Lacazette 
Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang 

then the ones on loan (some may be gone)

Mattéo Guendouzi   
Konstantinos Mavropanos   
Sead Kolasinac 
Lucas Torreira   

then these three, who are not poison, but quite likely will not be happy to be back

William Saliba    (nothing personal, as in his bad disposition per se, but he hates Arteta because of the way Arteta treated him, so discord there)
Ainsley Maitland-Niles (I cannot see him happy to be back)
Joe Willock   (I cannot see him happy to be back)

they did get rid of these troublemakers

Mesut Özil
Sokratis Papastathopoulos    
Shkodran Mustafi    
David Luiz

11 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

How Ruben did in Fulham is pretty much irrelevant. Sarri has nice memories of RLC. 10 goals and 5 open play assists in just under 2000 mins. He become starter here ahead of Ross and Kovacic and played his best football.

It would be loan obvy so cannot see much risk. SMS is likely to leave also. Higuain did not do good in Milan and that did not stop Sarri to bring him here.

After all, Bakayoko got loans to Milan and Napoli after being terrible here. Have no idea why are you so surprised...

he is perhaps perma damaged to a huge extent

since his Achilles blowout over 2 years ago:

42 games

2300 minutes

one goal

one assist

has looked pure shit

Edited by Vesper

Still remember RLC beasting Y Toure way back when in preseason, we’d all seen youth highlights but he really announced himself. Sadly it was a total and utter waste of unparalleled talent in terms of academy prospects.

18 minutes ago, DH1988 said:

Still remember RLC beasting Y Toure way back when in preseason, we’d all seen youth highlights but he really announced himself. Sadly it was a total and utter waste of unparalleled talent in terms of academy prospects.

his Achilles (at that fucking still-in-season May 2019 American road trip exhibition charity game in Boston on a shitty AF yank football stadium pitch) blowout has destroyed him I so fear

still seething over that goddamn game

look at that shit pitch 🤬

New England Revolution 0-3 Chelsea highlights: Loftus-Cheek injury blow as  Barkley scores twice - football.london1 993 bilder, fotografier och illustrationer med Chelsea Massachusetts -  Getty ImagesNew England Revolution 0-3 Chelsea: Ross Barkley grabs brace but Blues  suffer injury blow - Mirror OnlineNew England Revolution vs. Chelsea - Football Match Report - May 15, 2019 -  ESPNChelsea's Ruben Loftus-Cheek ruptures achilles and faces long spell out |  Chelsea | The GuardianChelsea fans were distressed when post-match photos of Loftus-Cheek were shared on social media

Edited by Vesper

1 minute ago, Vesper said:

his Achilles (at that fucking still-in-season May 2019 American road trip exhibition charity game in Boston on a shitty AF yank football stadium pitch) blowout has destroyed him I so fear

still seething over that goddamn game

look at that shit pitch 🤬🤣

New England Revolution 0-3 Chelsea highlights: Loftus-Cheek injury blow as  Barkley scores twice - football.london1 993 bilder, fotografier och illustrationer med Chelsea Massachusetts -  Getty ImagesNew England Revolution 0-3 Chelsea: Ross Barkley grabs brace but Blues  suffer injury blow - Mirror OnlineNew England Revolution vs. Chelsea - Football Match Report - May 15, 2019 -  ESPNChelsea's Ruben Loftus-Cheek ruptures achilles and faces long spell out |  Chelsea | The GuardianChelsea fans were distressed when post-match photos of Loftus-Cheek were shared on social media

Woeful, such a shame, if he were to get back on track then that was it. I am looking forward to TT preseason though, as others may still be at the Euros or on break. It allows for a proper look at some of our perceived deadwood. All for a redemption story, no matter the player as long as it’s in our blue.

2 minutes ago, DH1988 said:

Woeful, such a shame, if he were to get back on track then that was it. I am looking forward to TT preseason though, as others may still be at the Euros or on break. It allows for a proper look at some of our perceived deadwood. All for a redemption story, no matter the player as long as it’s in our blue.

Sarri went insane when he saw the pitch, he was fuming

and then, after RLC was injured, he said the Italian equivalent of 'I told you so'

😿

Just now, Vesper said:

Sarri went insane when he saw the pitch, he was fuming

and then, after RLC was injured, he said the Italian equivalent of 'I told you so'

😿

That is awful, especially with how RLC was performing, as posted earlier stats wise. His confidence was booming and he was dangerous during transitions with a goal threat, what we all were waiting for all these years and then bam. I mean, from his perspective, I get it, injury after injury especially that one with an Achilles, must have knocked him bad. 

in terms of athleticism, I feel Callum has lost a step of speed since his return as well, might just be that we haven’t seen him gallop for a while but he used to knock it forward and be gone gone gone. Ruben had a similar knock on touch where he could ghost past someone.

We can hope, at least.

hace 1 hora, NikkiCFC dijo:

How is it irrelevant? It is like saying what any other player has done on loan is irrelevant when judging them which is frightening considering his last appearance for us was basically over a year ago and a sub appearance. And then the season beforehand when he came back he was comfortably off the pace (slightly understandable) and then never ever had a chance really.

Yes 10 goals 5 assists in under 2000 minutes aye thats fair, looks good but break it down again, 6 league goals and 4 Europa League goals. Not sure on the assists. But again, was that not 3 seasons ago? I mean take that season out and well if Ruben had showed this at Palace and at Fulham, I could see the point. But he hasn’t. That is the point. Not consist enough, not done anything bar a 4 month period with Sarri. Aye maybe he lost a bit from his injury, maybe it was a purple patch? I mean outside of that season here, prior to that season and after, near 50 games making up 2 seasons out on loan and a combination of 3 goals at Palace and Fulham. Its difficult to see why you would think a top end Italian team  would go for him based on something he did in 2018-19. Although I suppose weirder things have happened.

And I doubt he has nice memories of RLC considering the gurning fucking fans who wouldn’t leave him alone for not playing RLC and CHO for weeks 🤣 surely reckon he would of smoked about 2000 cigs by then. 

Bakayoko was maybe part of one of the best teams Europe (aye I know, sounds ridiculous considering he couldn’t trap a sandbag yet alone a ball 90% of the time he played here) although still how he has played for France, us, Milan and Napoli baffles me but I suppose he has got that season and maybe a few ones before it of consistent performances to build it up and back it up in France no? Or at least something to fall back on... where as Ruben has under 2000 minutes throughout his whole career in mens football which spans 8 seasons. I mean who next? Juventus to sign Ross Barkley? I mean fair enough, if Sarri wants either he can have them but if you think hes going to make them his top choices or push for them at all, well I want some of what your smoking, because well.... its about as likely as pigs flying or unicorns being real. 

Re Higuain, Sarri wanted him in the summer after being appointed here... he chose AC over us. It was different, thats why he went for him still in the January. Plus he had worked with him to a great deal of success over a 3 year period. I doubt hes going to replace any of his star players with any of the Chelsea loan army if it comes to it 🤣

On 02/06/2021 at 00:51, DH1988 said:

That is awful, especially with how RLC was performing, as posted earlier stats wise. His confidence was booming and he was dangerous during transitions with a goal threat, what we all were waiting for all these years and then bam. I mean, from his perspective, I get it, injury after injury especially that one with an Achilles, must have knocked him bad. 

in terms of athleticism, I feel Callum has lost a step of speed since his return as well, might just be that we haven’t seen him gallop for a while but he used to knock it forward and be gone gone gone. Ruben had a similar knock on touch where he could ghost past someone.

We can hope, at least.

yes, CHO has lost a wee bit, but nothing like RLC

CHO was almost as fast as Traore before the injury, and a far more skilled player

so fucking frustrating

although I do think CHO can get back to that level, look how long it took Zouma (2 and a half to 3 years) to fully recover from his horrid knee injury (now he is 100% back to speed), although knee injures like Zouma's are not as potentially speed-sapping as Achilles blow outs, it is more just a durability thing

On 02/06/2021 at 01:18, OneMoSalah said:

How is it irrelevant? It is like saying what any other player has done on loan is irrelevant when judging them which is frightening considering his last appearance for us was basically over a year ago and a sub appearance. And then the season beforehand when he came back he was comfortably off the pace (slightly understandable) and then never ever had a chance really.

Yes 10 goals 5 assists in under 2000 minutes aye thats fair, looks good but break it down again, 6 league goals and 4 Europa League goals. Not sure on the assists. But again, was that not 3 seasons ago? I mean take that season out and well if Ruben had showed this at Palace and at Fulham, I could see the point. But he hasn’t. That is the point. Not consist enough, not done anything bar a 4 month period with Sarri. Aye maybe he lost a bit from his injury, maybe it was a purple patch? I mean outside of that season here, prior to that season and after, near 50 games making up 2 seasons out on loan and a combination of 3 goals at Palace and Fulham. Its difficult to see why you would think a top end Italian team  would go for him based on something he did in 2018-19. Although I suppose weirder things have happened.

And I doubt he has nice memories of RLC considering the gurning fucking fans who wouldn’t leave him alone for not playing RLC and CHO for weeks 🤣 surely reckon he would of smoked about 2000 cigs by then. 

Bakayoko was maybe part of one of the best teams Europe (aye I know, sounds ridiculous considering he couldn’t trap a sandbag yet alone a ball 90% of the time he played here) although still how he has played for France, us, Milan and Napoli baffles me but I suppose he has got that season and maybe a few ones before it of consistent performances to build it up and back it up in France no? Or at least something to fall back on... where as Ruben has under 2000 minutes throughout his whole career in mens football which spans 8 seasons. I mean who next? Juventus to sign Ross Barkley? I mean fair enough, if Sarri wants either he can have them but if you think hes going to make them his top choices or push for them at all, well I want some of what your smoking, because well.... its about as likely as pigs flying or unicorns being real. 

Re Higuain, Sarri wanted him in the summer after being appointed here... he chose AC over us. It was different, thats why he went for him still in the January. Plus he had worked with him to a great deal of success over a 3 year period. I doubt hes going to replace any of his star players with any of the Chelsea loan army if it comes to it 🤣

zero goals against class teams (unless you count one goal v Wolves, and we lost that game) zero assists v good teams

7b1bbfdf6cdcbfd660b48dc9fef09c53.pnge9ecc188376cc3f1cc60b2cd41397e47.png099b9e7c6cbccabcbfa137ef22fe07d4.png6d50d043e3bf2285e8343588a7b30637.png

Edited by Vesper

hace 3 horas, Jas dijo:

Be an interesting appointment.

Probably out of his depth a bit at Juventus although they clearly needed overhauled (and have done for 3/4 seasons be interesting alone watching that unfold) and had his good and bad moments here.

Maybe the likes of Lazio, Napoli, clubs who are expected to do well but never truly disrupt the established top teams is his level.

Some good players to start with, Milinkovic-Savic and Luis Alberto are two very good MFers then Immobile and Correa as well are of a pretty decent level. Not so sure on rest of their squad, know Pepe Reina and Lucas Leiva are there but surely they must be nearly 40 now.