Sarri But Not Sarri Thread

4 hours ago, Laylabelle said:

Whoever it is will be our 12th manager since Roman took over. 

True but if you take the interim managers out of the equation, the next one will be the 10th permanent manager.

3 hours ago, Special Juan said:

Lampard comes in, takes his first pc, taps the microphone and says "Fuck Sarriball"

I would pay to see that, epic it would be, but also too low a blow.

2 hours ago, Nicco said:

I was only joking would need an enormous amount of fuckery to achieve that even if you or me were the manager instead, I can however bet things go south before the middle of the season and our play will be even worse.

And the same shit would have most likely have happened with Sarri as well, with his 1 dimensional footy and inept tactics. We wont get more boring than sarri ball, most times it was horribly flawed and bored our asses to death....well I was anyway.

3 minutes ago, Laylabelle said:

10 in 16 years. Guess it's worked because we've kept winning. 

When you think of it its fucking amazing we have won so much considering the managers we have sacked, no other Club will emulate this shit ever, its utterly amazing imo. But likely not sustainable.....eventhough we have heard that frase so many times.

So last July when he signed a two-year contract and moved to London, his parents were doing fine. Now that he's got an offer from Juve, they've aged so rapidly he needs to move back to his home country to keep an eye on them. That's what I call a fortuitous coincidence.

2 hours ago, Jason said:

A youth player isn't going to be perfect from the get-go. Maybe people just aren't used to us playing young players, developing them because we always buy players to solve our problems. You gotta have the trust and faith that with playing time, they will improve and get better. If not, then how will you know when will they be ready? To use an example, when Sterling first broke through, he was only 18 years old. He wasn't perfect to begin with but the talent was there (is still there) and he was trusted to play in the first team (played 1,747 PL minutes in 2012/13, when he first broke through at Liverpool and he's played at least 2500 minutes in 4 of the 6 following seasons) and look where he is now. 

And another thing with using youth players is stop ourselves from buying duds like Drinkwater, Zappacosta etc. Better off just using players from the academy and developing them than spending 30-40 million on players who aren't good and aren't going to contribute anything at all!

There is difference in term of having 1/2 youth player as part of rotation than having tons of youth player in your team. 

I cannot agree more with your 2nd point but that is not what Chelsea fans want. They want their youth player play as starter. It is similar to what Ole did. Lets play Chong over Martial, of course United fans love it but it was recipes for disaster unless Chong is really better than Martial. 

That is why I use CHO as example. Yes it is fine to force CHO to play although Willian is better but if we do that with the majority of the squad we will be lucky if we finish 6th.

10 minutes ago, communicate said:

There is difference in term of having 1/2 youth player as part of rotation than having tons of youth player in your team. 

I cannot agree more with your 2nd point but that is not what Chelsea fans want. They want their youth player play as starter. It is similar to what Ole did. Lets play Chong over Martial, of course United fans love it but it was recipes for disaster unless Chong is really better than Martial. 

That is why I use CHO as example. Yes it is fine to force CHO to play although Willian is better but if we do that with the majority of the squad we will be lucky if we finish 6th.

Fans want youth integration but no one is expecting or demanding the manager to throw 11 players in. At the moment, there's James, Mount, CHO and maybe Abraham as well as Tomori. Hardly tons. 

Getting result is important but this coming season is also about laying the foundation, rebuilding the squad for years to come. Trudging along with the same set, over the hill players again isn't going to get us anywhere.

not being able to smoke a fag in the stadium messed with his head. after the Kepa incident I`m surprised he didn`t spark up there and then.

result wise he did an o.k job...the thing that bugged me most was his statement he wouldn`t change his tactics till we perfected it..like why change if it`s perfected? adapt till you find a solution not keep trying something that isn`t working holding out hope someday it will..no plan B is pretty poor. 

Now we are left with no identity again and starting a new brand. Pointless.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Thor said:

Now we are left with no identity again and starting a new brand. Pointless.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Derby County manager Frank Lampard - Tactical Analysis

https://totalfootballanalysis.com/head-coach-analysis/frank-lampard-derby-county-tactical-analysis-statistics

Tactical set-up & style of play

Frank Lampard’s Derby predominantly set up in a 4-3-3 formation with the wingers moving inside playing like number 10s to make it a 4-3-2-1 formation. This provides a lot of combination play through central areas, where the centre-forwards, wingers, and central midfielders play close to one another, setting up most of their attacks.

The main change seen from last season’s Derby is the energy in their play, with and without the ball. The high pressure off the ball is matched by forward runs made to support and run beyond the players in possession.

Offensive structure

Frank Lampard’s Derby look to build up their play from the back, positioning their players in the optimum positions to receive the ball in good spaces, where they can be dangerous for the opposition. Their team is set up to play quickly through the middle with a lot of runners off the ball always giving forward options; a big part of their identity. It allows them to play directly into their attacking players, trying to threaten the goal as many times as possible throughout the game.

During the build-up, their central defenders are close to each other, very uncommon for teams who play from the back. This allows them to offer simple passing options to one another with the defensive midfielder coming close and giving an option for the first forward pass. Their positioning also allows one central defender to advance with the ball, as well as build a structure to prevent a counter attack.

triangles-and-build-up.png

As seen above, in their third of the pitch, Derby create triangles all over. Each player involved in building up will have at least two passing options to advance the ball further up the pitch.

Low-fb-runner.png

During the first phase of the build-up, Derby’s full-backs occupy low and wide positions. This set-up allows simple passes at the back and prevents congestion in midfield, stretching the play vertically while inviting the opposition onto them.

Vertical lanes are created for one of the central midfielders to pick up the ball in space. The other central midfielder makes a forward run to find a more advanced area of the pitch where he can receive the next pass. The pass to the central midfielders triggers movement from the full-backs to make forward runs to occupy a higher position.

play-to-fb-runner.png

snip

a tonne more at the link above

2 hours ago, Jason said:

Fans want youth integration but no one is expecting or demanding the manager to throw 11 players in. At the moment, there's James, Mount, CHO and maybe Abraham as well as Tomori. Hardly tons. 

Getting result is important but this coming season is also about laying the foundation, rebuilding the squad for years to come. Trudging along with the same set, over the hill players again isn't going to get us anywhere.

Tammy, James, CHO, Mount, Tomori. That are 5 players that you have incorporate. Even Jurgen Klopp who is known here to give youth chances only develop taa and gomez. 2 players in 3/4 seasons.  Yet people here want us to develop 5 in one season. That is a recipe for a disaster. 

That is the reality. Fans want youth and academy player but you cannot play them simply because they are youth. 

If the senior player who is clearly better than the youth and you don't play him. They will be unhappy. Soon you will have massive problem in your squad. 

2 hours ago, communicate said:

Every club wants their youth players to be starters, it's not just Chelsea but most people are realistic. Regarding CHO you are right, it's not like he is much better if at all compared to Willian and Pedro currently but we're talking about an 18 year old who's played about 20 games compared to 2 very experienced players coming towards the twilight of their careers. Without Hazard (who is the prime player in that position) we're now left with two young inexperienced players brimming with potential and two experienced professionals who are solid but not as good as they once were. We effectively need all of them next season to perform a role.

The issue many people had last season was that Willian and Pedro were in poor form yet CHO still couldn't get any game time. Similar with RLC, although his season was "stop-start" due to niggling injuries, there were also stretches where he wasn't getting much game time despite Barkley and Kovacic not playing well. The problem is the culture created at Chelsea means that it's difficult to blame Sarri for not being willing to risk giving younger players opportunities. History would suggest he'd be at the club for a season or two and he would want personal glory in that time in the form of silverware. As you alluded to, CHO will be a project that takes time and patience and the likelihood will be he won't become the player the potential suggests for another couple of seasons. Sarri likely won't be here to reap those benefits so he's less likely to take the risks.

This is where I believe Lampard will be beneficial because I feel his affinity with the club (and Jody Morris alongside him), coupled with what seems so far to be a willingness to trust younger players will mean he will be more willing to lay the groundwork for some of these youngsters, even in the risk that he may not be here himself to reap the rewards of them. 

As @Jason mentioned, the first stage is to integrate them within the first team squad initially. It's not a case of having a first choice XI where half of the team is academy trained (although would be fantastic), it's providing a pathway for these younger players to become squad players first and then develop within the club to hopefully become first choice one day. But if we can have 3, 4 or more academy players in the squad it will be just as important as 1 or 2 academy players in the first XI because it will save the club millions in transfer fees buying average players to fill out the squad (Drinkwater, Zappacosta, etc). This should allow the club to go into transfer windows being able to use a budget on no more than a couple of top players to improve the starting XI, not filling squad numbers. If we brought Christensen, CHO and RLC from other clubs you would likely be looking at the best part of £100-150m.

It's a similar scene for some of those we're looking to integrate. Take Reece James, Mount and Abraham - all performed well last season and if all were owned by the clubs they were on loan at last season there would be teams in the Premier League eyeing them up and all would be worth millions. Without being able to buy this summer, it's a real opportunity to freshen up and re-energise our squad.

7 minutes ago, communicate said:

Tammy, James, CHO, Mount, Tomori. That are 5 players that you have incorporate. Even Jurgen Klopp who is known here to give youth chances only develop taa and gomez. 2 players in 3/4 seasons.  Yet people here want us to develop 5 in one season. That is a recipe for a disaster. 

That is the reality. Fans want youth and academy player but you cannot play them simply because they are youth. 

If the senior player who is clearly better than the youth and you don't play him. They will be unhappy. Soon you will have massive problem in your squad. 

No one is expecting any of these to be automatic first choice starters. I think many hope that CHO can come back from injury and perform to make a position his own in the starting XI but to start with he'll likely be rotated with Pulisic, Pedro and Willian across two positions.

James realistically should replace Zappacosta in the squad and over time go from backup to Azpi to replacing him as first choice.

Mount and Abraham will be squad players too. However we are thin on midfield depth and up front we have no undisputed first choice so it's the perfect opportunity to integrate them into the squad. 

Tomori I probably would let go on loan again next season as we have better options and depth at centre back.

It's hardly asking for much. CHO is already established within the first team squad from last season, Mount will be needed to replace Kovacic (and RLC is out long term) and Abraham will be needed to replace Higuain. So it is only James potentially coming in to properly replace a player already in the first team squad. 

Thanks for the services, Sarri ... specially the Europa Cup. 

I hope Sarri takes the learning from his year at the Bridge and evolves rather than being rigid if he wants to keep winning titles at the highest level. 

On a side note, this year has indeed been very eventful ... Hazard leaving, change in mentality (more offensive), Roman missing from the Bridge and last but not the least we are selling & not sacking a Manager ... yupieeee ... thats History under Roman's regime