Sarri But Not Sarri Thread

49 minutes ago, DANILA said:

It now makes sense why Azpi was never called up to start for the Spanish National Team - he has no clue with respect to attacking. If we had 2 modern, attacking FBs I think we would comfortably be in the top 4 even with Sarri's shit-ball tactics.

The problem is that Conte wanted to get better FB but the club never wanted to. 

And here we are for the 3rd season with a new manager coming this summer with these 2 FB. 

2 minutes ago, Fernando said:

Yeah I believe that as well. 

But this club is run by idiots. And they got rid of Conte to get Sarri and now they want to sack him. 

They just don't know what they do and just push the button randomly for any manager while we continue to go down in quality with players. 

Seems to be the Russian way, the manager/coach is just another employee, disposable. Get another. Seems ruthless but has brought 24 pieces of silverware so far. (When it gets to 30 cue the Judas jokes)

6 minutes ago, Fernando said:

Yeah I believe that as well. 

But this club is run by idiots. And they got rid of Conte to get Sarri and now they want to sack him. 

They just don't know what they do and just push the button randomly for any manager while we continue to go down in quality with players. 

They are run by the Sibneft mafia.

They only know how to cut non-football financial deals, and not move ANYTHING forward.

Roman has lost  60% plus of net wealth in the last 10 years,mainly because there are no more state assets to gangster up on in mother Russia (which is how he made his billions) and the rouble and the price of oil has dived.

The club needs to be sold.

Still cant believe people think Zidane is going to do anything here like he did at Madrid. Jesus christ. And sorry but no thank you. Sarri has questioned the players mentality months ago, Zidane would just put his arm around them when its clear we actually need to change a large portion of the squad. Too many individuals who have been comfortable playing at 50% because they know they can get away with it when a coach pays the price. This chopping and change cycle isnt going to be the answer forever. If Zizou came in and we still did poorly, what then? Sack him? Replace him then same again? 

Also what does Romans business have to do with anything that goes on on the pitch? Nothing.. lack of effort or lack of performances has fuck all to do with him. Lack of vision higher up is partly his fault because of how and who run the football side of it above the manager but on the pitch, is it his fault Luiz or Alonso cant defend or months ago that Morata couldnt score? People seem to forget what Roman has brought to this club and how he propelled us to a European superclub more or less in a lot shorter time than it would have taken many others.

How sickening, disgusting, infuriating, wack that this clueless, sickening leech is gonna still be here when we play the final. He doesn't deserve any goddamn chance to still be around. Are lots of fans really going to that match expecting a win? A boycott is much more logical if that disgusting chimney w**nkstain is still there. Gosh, the hate I have for that man... 

10 minutes ago, Fulham Broadway said:

Seems to be the Russian way, the manager/coach is just another employee, disposable. Get another. Seems ruthless but has brought 24 pieces of silverware so far. (When it gets to 30 cue the Judas jokes)

Yeah because we had top quality players. 

But we keep going down hill in that. 

Just now, Fernando said:

Yeah because we had top quality players. 

But we keep going down hill in that. 

True there does seem to be the threat of stagnation. The big question is whether Abramovich , with his denial of a UK a visa, dropping the stadium development. is getting fucked off with it all.  Seems to have left it to the fur coated Marina. Not a good move.

I don’t have a problem with the roles of the fullbacks. Alex Sandro would have been called a liability within a month here. Can’t defend if they are not there... whether they are good enough is a diff discussion.

aside from the weird subs, the one thing I don’t understand is why hasn’t he tried to move Kante to the left mid position? That would allow cover for the attacking fb and Luiz. It also allows the right mid to attack with more quality and freedom since he has azpi behind.

45 minutes ago, Fulham Broadway said:

True there does seem to be the threat of stagnation. The big question is whether Abramovich , with his denial of a UK a visa, dropping the stadium development. is getting fucked off with it all.  Seems to have left it to the fur coated Marina. Not a good move.

I heard Saudi Arabia planned on taking over United but couldn't make a deal with Gazidis who wanted more than 4 billions, would be great if Abramovic would sell us to them since it looks like he has gone cold with the club.

38 minutes ago, Robchels said:

I don’t have a problem with the roles of the fullbacks. Alex Sandro would have been called a liability within a month here. Can’t defend if they are not there... whether they are good enough is a diff discussion.

aside from the weird subs, the one thing I don’t understand is why hasn’t he tried to move Kante to the left mid position? That would allow cover for the attacking fb and Luiz. It also allows the right mid to attack with more quality and freedom since he has azpi behind.

Agreed, I've been wondering this since the whole shit started. It kinda makes sense to shift Kante there to provide some balance (one side too attacking, the other too defensive), but it seems Sarri is hell-bent on mirroring the formation he used at Napoli and forces players into those positions.

3 hours ago, !Hazard! said:

What I don't understand is why 100% of the media and pundits solely focus on Jorginho and Kante as if their positions and performances the only problem in this team. Makes me wonder if they even watch the games at all. Rarely have they mentioned that BOTH of our fullbacks are simply not good enough for this football.

Watching Lyon-Barca match right now and both of those teams have a set of modern attacking fullbacks. They look like they are from another planet in comparison to Azpi and Alonso

Is also the reason why many of them think that Alonso is some kind of world beater..smh

They're just saying stuff for sound-bytes 

45 minutes ago, manpe said:

Agreed, I've been wondering this since the whole shit started. It kinda makes sense to shift Kante there to provide some balance (one side too attacking, the other too defensive), but it seems Sarri is hell-bent on mirroring the formation he used at Napoli and forces players into those positions.

Another weird thing...I could have sworn he said at the start of the season, when asked if he wanted to bring Napoli's football here,.."I want to do a Chelsea"

Far from it. He hasn't adjusted anything to suit the players we have. Said he has too big of a squad to manage (although by now its probably clear what he was implying), and then goes onto play the same small group over and over.

It just reeks of hypocrisy. 

1 hour ago, Robchels said:

You are missing the part where Alex Sandro is actually a threat in attacks, teams respect his ability in going forward, it forces the opposition to be weary and reluctant to attack and exploit the space he leaves behind. Alonso and Azpi pose no threat in attacks, and when they commit to attacks teams are happy to exploit it.