Sarri But Not Sarri Thread

1 hour ago, Special Juan said:

This talk of Lampard and Morris...I just think it's too easy to put it all together and get these two, not just that but I actually think its too early as well as I think he would knock it back. Frank isn't stupid and knows, as much as he loves the club, just how much a poisoned chalice it really is. He's literally in the bottle feeding stage himself, and to be honest he's doing a decent job at Derby. I'm not sure how beneficial this job, at this time would be for him to come him and sort things.

Yeah and it's a bit of a risk to leave somewhere where he's doing well and come to the this crazy place. 

Lol... 

Some members would flock this thread and continue backing this smoking clown... 

Mentality again... I wonder what will be going on in the mind of Hazard after the piss poor shit performance of Alonso particularly against City yet Sarri keeps playing him... 

These are little bits from an article i read on him, makes whats happening now no surprise

He’s an integralist, so I doubt he’ll change something. It would require admitting that his style isn’t perfect and I don’t really see that happening either

There is a complete lack of self-criticism in this. Again, he ends up talking about the mental aspects, about players not being motivated, he says that tactics aren’t the reason for losses or shortcomings

Many managers have succeeded in their careers by working more on the mental than the tactical side of the game, yet he believes that tactics are his only duty. It’s a way of deflecting criticism onto the players and it’s a way of not admitting that there might be anything wrong with him. If anything doesn’t work, it’s up to the players. If they are not cold-blooded, motivated, if they don’t have the right mentality, there is nothing he can do in his mind.

He hasn’t struggled much in Naples, but when he has, he has never taken the blame, except in random, superficial and very generic “it’s everybody’s fault”. I don’t remember him admitting a single mistake over three years.Yet that allowed him to pretty much claim that Napoli’s playing personnel was just not good enough. He also blamed Napoli’s president for not speaking out in complaining about referees or the calendar, in the past. It’s just something he does: he moves the subject of the discussion and will call out random people for random reasons. When he struggles, he’ll point the finger elsewhere.

Basically it’s anything but his fault. A lot of people actually bought on the perception that Napoli’s players were extremely poor and everything was thanks to Sarri. Even those who accept that Ancelotti is doing well are mostly saying that it’s because Sarri made players better.

It has to be pointed out that Sarri did well with Empoli and Napoli, but his past is littered with failure and firings in the Italian lower leagues.

I never appreciated his complete lack of accountability, flexibility and adjustments. I liked some of his coaching aspects and I liked the fact that he wanted to play offensive and attractive football, but none of what is happening is entirely surprising to me. But so far it has gone in a predictable way. If he doesn’t change something, he won’t finish the season.

I have randomly picked parts out and pased them here, but reading just those snippets, you see that the current mess is not a shock.  I think somewhere in the article the author admits Sarri does not use youth, either

All from a Napoli fan, or expert

https://www.football.london/chelsea-fc/news/maurizio-sarris-relationship-club-owners-15848184

48 minutes ago, ChelseaFanUK said:

These are little bits from an article i read on him, makes whats happening now no surprise

He’s an integralist, so I doubt he’ll change something. It would require admitting that his style isn’t perfect and I don’t really see that happening either

There is a complete lack of self-criticism in this. Again, he ends up talking about the mental aspects, about players not being motivated, he says that tactics aren’t the reason for losses or shortcomings

Many managers have succeeded in their careers by working more on the mental than the tactical side of the game, yet he believes that tactics are his only duty. It’s a way of deflecting criticism onto the players and it’s a way of not admitting that there might be anything wrong with him. If anything doesn’t work, it’s up to the players. If they are not cold-blooded, motivated, if they don’t have the right mentality, there is nothing he can do in his mind.

He hasn’t struggled much in Naples, but when he has, he has never taken the blame, except in random, superficial and very generic “it’s everybody’s fault”. I don’t remember him admitting a single mistake over three years.Yet that allowed him to pretty much claim that Napoli’s playing personnel was just not good enough. He also blamed Napoli’s president for not speaking out in complaining about referees or the calendar, in the past. It’s just something he does: he moves the subject of the discussion and will call out random people for random reasons. When he struggles, he’ll point the finger elsewhere.

Basically it’s anything but his fault. A lot of people actually bought on the perception that Napoli’s players were extremely poor and everything was thanks to Sarri. Even those who accept that Ancelotti is doing well are mostly saying that it’s because Sarri made players better.

It has to be pointed out that Sarri did well with Empoli and Napoli, but his past is littered with failure and firings in the Italian lower leagues.

I never appreciated his complete lack of accountability, flexibility and adjustments. I liked some of his coaching aspects and I liked the fact that he wanted to play offensive and attractive football, but none of what is happening is entirely surprising to me. But so far it has gone in a predictable way. If he doesn’t change something, he won’t finish the season.

I have randomly picked parts out and pased them here, but reading just those snippets, you see that the current mess is not a shock.  I think somewhere in the article the author admits Sarri does not use youth, either

All from a Napoli fan, or expert

https://www.football.london/chelsea-fc/news/maurizio-sarris-relationship-club-owners-15848184

yeah and now napoli has 10 points less then last year in serie A, lost in the coppa italia, lost in the champions league. 20 K people at the stadium against 50-60 K,  a complete success without sarri ^_^

1 hour ago, Jason said:

1. The players have bad mentality.
2. I can't motivate the players.
3. The players don't show enough aggression.
4. My system is not the problem, it's the players.
5. We don't have enough time.

Sarri's list of excuses is getting longer and longer...

Think he found Jose's 101 handbook of excuses in the office

Sarri on Kante's position: "It depends how you see football. In that position I want someone to move the ball very fast. This is not the best characteristic of N'Golo" #cfc

mmm what a load of Michael Ballacks ,jorginho can maybe pass the ball sideways and backwards but he is hardly speedy gonzales nor savy enough for the prem and forget about anything in a attacking sense , and the dm position/role , hello , have someone who is excellent in that role, ohh yeah we do! A manager with jokes becomes the joker.

Sarri is digging his own grave. I can't believe he sees players' mentality as the only problem - now this is delusional... I am still in the  "SarriIn" camp, but statements like these are getting on my nerves. 

The sad part is I don't expect any changes to the line-up come Sunday, but even the most stubborn ones sometimes can see the light so there is still hope :D

Sarri on Chelsea's problems: "It's not easy because we have no time, but we're trying to solve our problems. We're trying to talk with the players, to avoid some mistakes by video. It's not easy because we have to play every three days" #cfc

mmm Shiite , saturday 2 feb  > sunday 10  feb prem game ,there was a good 8 days to sort things out, mmm thats right 6-0 biggest loss in our prem history!