Sarri But Not Sarri Thread

Hahahahahahabahahahahah.... 

Can't believe some members are still backing up that smoking fraud... Now turning on players... You can't be earning millions as wages on weekly basis and yet be doing piss poor job same week...alonso luiz willian...same formation same tactics same sub... No way to try and navigate the season with the ones you have before going again in summer to bring in more players to suit your system..  Don't get me wrong we have massive shit players but Sarri enduring football not attacking football is massively exposing their weakness which a bad quality of a top manager... Remember not long we lost 4 0 to fucking Bournemouth so that means they have better squad than we do... The truth is Sarri is a fraud one dimensional manager that knows nothing than safe way to play 433 enduring football with his sugar son Jorginho that can't run and aid the defense when under pressure... A coward that can't go out of his comfort zone to play RLC CHO Emerson and try to use maybe 4231 formation when clearly all premier managers has found a very good way to nullify Sarriball...Pep doesn't need to dish out any instructions to his players on Sunday cos it's gonna be a long day... Sarriball so easy to play against....mark out Jorginho and jam-pack the middle of the area... Sarriball my foot 

5 minutes ago, Jason said:

We got Sarri two days into pre-season and he immediately took over after that. Why would someone else ran the training if we had already gotten our manager?

Like I said I must have misremembered.  

6 minutes ago, Jason said:

Yeah and CHO was arguably the best performer in pre-season but was hardly ever used after that...

No argument from me on this.

3 hours ago, petre.ispirescu said:

Ok so he is going to get the sack. And then miraculously the players 'find' their form back. And Sarri would then be the 3rd manager in such a short space of time that had to go at the hand of players power. 

At this point to me it looks that Sarri could come up with the most revolutionary tactics and training methods, the players simply have gone into holiday mood already. Three seasons in five years they tanked even before January... 

because we have a history of sacking Managers and not players ... so if someone doesnt like the manager or his methods, i m assuming a section of players dont really deliver which means the team doesnt perform and ultimately the gaffer gets the sack. Player power at its best!!! 

Having said that, we have Sarri to be equally blamed here along with the players. Sarri could be the best manager to implement the attacking philosophy at the club but he is just too rigid to adapt to the league (like Morata) ... U cant keep doing the same thing excepting different results which is exactly what is happening. We're so predictable with tactics that if we play against the U15 side, they would gives a run of the money. 

We need a total change across the board ... Men in the suits, Manager, players, at this point of time even the owner. There is no structure currently, no spine!!!... The best example to compare would be City as they started in a similar manner (takeover by a rick owner), they had a vision and are executing it in the best possible manner. 

3 hours ago, Blue Armour said:

I maybe in the minority when I say this, ...but I cannot really blame the board.,.for THIS season at least.

After a long time, they did something bold by hiring someone like Sarri to take the helm. Unproven, but believed to potentially be able to bring the type of attacking football many fans have been craving for, for a long time. A really unorthodox move, all things considered. 

Compared to the transfer windows from recent seasons, they even bent over backwards not once, but twice, to get the manager his number one target, in Jorginho and Higuain.

I m with you on this ... I do feel that this time we havent been rash in terms of players this time ... Any other season Hudson Odio would have left the club at the first bid itself but we are playing the waiting game (eventually he would go). We did buy Jorghino and Higuaun who were Sarri's choices and then spend ridiculous amount of money on a goalkeeper .... yes we could have got someone cheaper, etc,etc,etc but we spend. 

For once this season, I feel the board has been thinking .... But having said that I would still want them gone for not having a plan. 

Sarri is a departure from the 'ready made shelf item' they purchase 

But the board are at fault -they shouldn't get a 'work in progress'  manager  if theyre not prepared to give them at least two seasons and play youth and hungry players that the manager can bring in. 

Probably this week it will be Sarrivederci.….if not after the coming Sunday humiliation

15 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

So what next? Do we get Zidane or go full start again and get a manager that develops the like of CHO, Ampadu etc and actually plays them?

Zidane won't come. maybe blanc could accept, maybe 

CIES Football Observatory

n°251 - 19/02/2019

Highlights

Most experienced young players: the CIES Football Observatory rankings

http://www.football-observatory.com/IMG/sites/b5wp/2018/251/en/

Issue number 251 of the CIES Football Observatory Weekly Post highlights the 20 most experienced young players from 22 European competitions per year of birth. The rankings were elaborated using an exclusive methodology weighting domestic league minutes played by footballers during the last two years according to the sporting strength of employer teams.

St-Étienne’s centre back William Saliba tops the table for players born in or after 2001. He outranks another French centre back, Benoît Badiashile (Monaco), and the Spaniard Bryan Gil (Sevilla). Two English players head the rankings for players born in 2000: Ryan Sessegnon(Fulham) and Jadon Sancho (Borussia Dortmund). Heerenveen’s talent Kik Pierie ranks third ahead of Real Madrid’s rising star Vinícius.

Gianluigi Donnarumma (Milan) is clearly at the top of the 1999-born players. He outranks the Dutch prodigy Matthijs de Ligt (Ajax) and another goalkeeper: Alban Lafont (Fiorentina). World champion Kylian Mbappé (Paris St-Germain) heads the table for players born in 1998, ahead of compatriot Houssem Aouar (Olympique Lyonnais) and Liverpool’s full back Trent Alexander-Arnold.

wp251360x240.jpg?crc=512963462

Highest experience capital by year of birth

Period taken into account: 13/02/2017 - 13/02/2019

964f1615f98995b2fdec15bf6a3d88c3.png236fb5d6c4b06e73d876a64614027296.pngbb02109a9f99dee63ac5e457e864a5c1.png44b4e0fb8567984803736ac98d0960e5.png

posted here to show Sarri is full of shit on youth

13 hours ago, kobematabryant said:

Where are all those Sarri fanboys gone, who have been defending this cunt for past few weeks?

I have the back of all our managers until they show they are not doing a good enough job.

And while I do think WITH THE RIGHT PLAYERS and a flexible attitude towards team selections,formations and substitutions the system could work.

12 hours ago, kc_blue said:

I wouldn't call myself a Sarri fanboy unless I guess I was a Conte fanboy and Mourinho fanboy etc. etc. but I have tried to defend him and give him time.  It's getting impossible to do so.  I can see not changing his tactics, they are what got him the job and might even be what the board is wanting the club to move towards, but his line ups and subs show either a lack of understanding of what's going wrong or just an unwillingness to fix it. 

I liked to watch his Napoli but we most definitely aren't playing like that.  I would have liked to see him get a shot with a full preseason and some more players that play his style, but that's not going to happen and I think he's only got himself to blame for that.  

I don't want to join in the pile on that's going on here, but I don't see much choice besides moving on to someone else.

I feel exactly the same as you mate.

11 hours ago, Sir Mikel OBE said:

I still dont get that Zappacosta sub. What was he trying to do? Protect the goal differential?

Massively disrespectful to the captain, the players, and the fans. 

He needs to go.

It blew my mind last night when I saw Zappa getting up to go on.

I've questioned some substitutions by our managers over time but even I wouldn't think that subbing Dave off for Zappa would help us in any fuckin way whatsoever to bring us goals!!

What the fuck was going thru his mind at the time? Wjat was the reasoning?? PLEASE someone with a footballing mind explain why he thought it could help.

I don't give a fuck about whether it upset Dave or hurt his feelings ffs. Thats got nowt to do with it. But it didn;t have any sort of impact or couldn't.

It is  pretty clear Sarri won't be round long but we really cant go back to having a defensive style.

We really do need to bring in a manager  that can play attacking football.

I loved the way we played in the first few months. It was great to watch.

I'm worried that the options of good managers - who will be able to REBUILD us are few and far between.

Peeps talking Lamps - NO! He hust isn't big enough. Not got the necessary experience.

I dont think ZZ could build a team. Hes had ready made teams.

I'm worried guys.

1 minute ago, MoroccanBlue said:

@Special Juan

You genuinely unlocked a thread, replied to my comment to get the final word, then locked it again. 

Grow up. :clap:

Firstly, I didn't unlock any thread, I have permission to post in locked threads. So gather your info better in future.

If you want to get fucking cocky and play the big man I am right in the fucking mood, so your call if we go further.

16 minutes ago, BlueLyon said:

Its easy to say now, but its getting clear as day how big mistake board did again by appointing Sarri.

We have beast DM in Kante, but he cant play that role in Sarri system. We have beast RB in Azpi, but he cant play Sarri type fullback. We have world class Hazard but he isnt suited to play recieve and release Sarriball, because he likes to dribble too much. We bought Jorginho to be our holding mid, but we play in a league that makes that almost suicide. 

We played great in the beggining though, but opponents found us quickly and Sarri has no plan B, cant rotate, doesnt use youth, always does the same subs etc.

All that said, Id love if we somehow managed to overturn it, keep Sarri and he transforms us into what he supposed to do, after all we need to give managers more time. But I just cant support manager that makes no changes after humiliating results and doesnt use youth despite shit after shit performances by senior players. 

The THEORY behind us getting Sarri was spot on tho mate.

Its the type of football we should be playing.

But our players apart from being gutless are not suited to this type of football.

He has tried to put our players into his Napoli system who just are not capable to play in those positions.

And he is just not good at adapting, substiitutions,team selections.

Love the idea behind it and his Napoli was a joy to watch.

Our lads right now are just not right for the job. Hardly any of them.