Álvaro Morata

Captain Ahmed

Yeah he has been horrific recently but the formation of the team don't do him any favours either. I thought we would moving towards more possession based football this season but the reality has been quite the opposite. I think that's what he thought as well when he signed the contract. Costa would be FAR better in this current style of football we play.

I think we will get the best out of him if we stop playing this 3-5-2. The formation is so easy for the defence to restrict Morata. I prefer the 3-4-3, you have the wingers providing balls in and the defence have more attacking players to try to cope with. When you play with a 3-5-2, we don't have the threat of wingers and the creativity relies on Hazard and Fabregas doing everything. It does not help that Alonso is not an explosive LWB to provide the crosses Morata needs and Moses cannot cross for the head level for his life.

Morata has been poor though, make no mistake about it, however think Conte needs to change the formation, especially in these home games to get the best out of his striker. The 3-5-2 formation is just so laboured and a more defensive strategy imo.

1 hour ago, !Hazard! said:

Yeah he has been horrific recently but the formation of the team don't do him any favours either. I thought we would moving towards more possession based football this season but the reality has been quite the opposite. I think that's what he thought as well when he signed the contract. Costa would be FAR better in this current style of football we play.

I don’t think Costa would. I remember too many times where he received the ball and ended up just dribbling into the defense and giving it away. His physical presence would be more useful though.

33 minutes ago, Stats said:

I think we will get the best out of him if we stop playing this 3-5-2. The formation is so easy for the defence to restrict Morata. I prefer the 3-4-3, you have the wingers providing balls in and the defence have more attacking players to try to cope with. When you play with a 3-5-2, we don't have the threat of wingers and the creativity relies on Hazard and Fabregas doing everything. It does not help that Alonso is not an explosive LWB to provide the crosses Morata needs and Moses cannot cross for the head level for his life.

Morata has been poor though, make no mistake about it, however think Conte needs to change the formation, especially in these home games to get the best out of his striker. The 3-5-2 formation is just so laboured and a more defensive strategy imo.

The 3-5-2 is rather predictable, which is made even worse by having average WBs, as you mentioned there. Stop Alonso and Moses, which is hardly hard, and there goes our width and all our play will go through the middle, which again makes easy for the opposition to contain us.

The fomation has nothing to do with the easy chances he is missing, and the formation has nothing to do with how weak he is and why he's constantly falling to the ground.

It's simple, he need to man the fuck up because as it stands now he's broken both mentally and physically. 

Hate his going down....Man the fuck up...Stay on your feet and be strong.....Moronic decision making ...why he is arguing with the ref after the first yellow card?....Now he is not available for next game....Brainless

Wasn't even a clear dive. Can understand why the ref did not give a pen, however what annoys me is that I have seen refs not take any actions for when players shout/abuse them, and one little thing, he sent Morata off. Azpi came to warn Morata off and he walked off but the ref just abruptly dished out the red card. Cunt. Thought that was a perfect game for Morata to get back on the scoresheet as well which is really frustrating.

Thank goodness he was sent off before the penalty shootout because he'll have sent the ball into the stands or straight at the keeper. And he's marked by referees as a diver now. He's a daft guy really 

he does not need an actual break, just drills followed by more drills.... Once again poor finishing is fixable, depending of course on how driven the player is to correct it. It's not like he's not getting in the right positions to score (that would not be fixable), but his final touch has been senselessly poor.

He's got technique, pace, so it's all there. He improved the team today against Norwich: the team scored before but created very very little and once he came on, our attack was much improved creating several chances that he, of course, wasted.