Álvaro Morata

Captain Ahmed

1 minute ago, El P. said:

I compared Morata to Torres some time ago, but that was a bit harsh. He is not as bad as Torres. But he is not far from that.

Torres also played in a much worse and unstable Chelsea, I would say. Morata is sure getting more chances, not just because of his movement, but because he plays with prime Hazard and Azpi-the-Spanish-David-Beckham on the right... also with Fabregas, the pass master.

Let's not pretend as if Torres didn't play with good players. He had Mata, Hazard, Lampard and even Oscar to supply him chances!

2 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

Doesn't apply to everyone but does to some Chelsea fans:

Morata before December: Good player. Glad we never paid 75M for Lukaku.

Morata after December: New Torres/worse than Batshuayi, needs to be upgraded on.

Make your minds up eh?

Reality is probably this;

Good player. Glad we never paid the 75m for Lukaku. Still needs to be upgraded on.

Frankly, if you want titles, playing with main striker like Morata wont do the trick. Maybe as second striker. Chelsea has very specific system and we rely heavily on striker finishing. 

He is quality player with great heading and link up, but awful finishing. 

Im just saying, for now its allright, but if he doesnt improve his feet, he can be best header in the world with good linkup, but he wont be even close to our starting MAIN striker. 

I always saw him as second striker, thats why I was hoping we would keep Costa and play both, so he has future here one way or another. 

But I couldnt care less about my main strikers linkup abilities if he fucks up three clear goals. 

4 minutes ago, Jason said:

Let's not pretend as if Torres didn't play with good players. He had Mata, Hazard, Lampard and even Oscar to supply him chances!

An over-the-hill Lampard and whatever the fuck Oscar was? Really? Even in his first season with us Oscar wasn't creative :lol:

Besides why compare him to fucking Torres? 

Saying he is better than Torres doesnt say much does it? 

Just because he is better than Torres, doesnt make him quality striker and suitable for Chelsea, does it?

Compare him with Drogba and Costa. Then you see how good or bad he is. 

I said back in may people will regret shitting on Costa and wanting nice calm striker. 

Costa was reliable and quality striker for three seasons, yet fans disrespected him and wanted to get rid of him at all cost for someone more lovable. 

Karma at its finest, now we have one. 

7 minutes ago, Jason said:

Well, I rate this team a tad higher than 2012-2014 team. Better coach, somewhat better players, more consistency. Also, let's not forget about Kante who brings us much more midfield control than Ramires and 32-yo Lampard.

Sky were showing our league winning highlights today -and so many hinged on Costa scoring at vital times. 

Morata is a decent replacement, but the top strikers have a ruthless killing instinct, which is lacking when it matters.

The chance against Roma also comes to mind which means we now play Barcelona.

3 minutes ago, Amblève. said:

An over-the-hill Lampard and whatever the fuck Oscar was? Really? Even in his first season with us Oscar wasn't creative :lol:

An over-the-hill Lampard who contributed 25 goals (17 goals, 8 assists) while Oscar contributed 24 goals (12 goals, 12 assists) in 2012/13 and that's in his first season.

5 minutes ago, Fulham Broadway said:

Sky were showing our league winning highlights today -and so many hinged on Costa scoring at vital times. 

Morata is a decent replacement, but the top strikers have a ruthless killing instinct, which is lacking when it matters.

The chance against Roma also comes to mind which means we now play Barcelona.

Putting tonight aside, most, if not all, of Morata's goals have been crucial in us getting wins. Doesn't just stat pad like some other strikers. It's just his poor finishing with his feet that's letting him down. Could so easily have scored 20 goals by now!

1 minute ago, Jason said:

It's just his poor finishing with his feet that's letting him down. Could so easily have scored 20 goals by now!

Just his poor finishing. I can't emphasise enough on the fact that it should be his basic quality. The fact that by the third chance everyone was just expecting him to miss, says it all about his finishing and that is unacceptable , no matter how much his headers or positioning etc etc, the fact still remains if you score goals you're a good striker, if you don't you're a bad one, because that's what the team expected from you and you didn't provide it.

2 minutes ago, Jason said:

It's :lol: that people have selective memory about Torres and Costa all of a sudden.

Tbf that happens all the time, i remember even Benitez became the second coming of christ for a while everytime Jose had a couple of sketchy results.

5 minutes ago, Jason said:

Putting tonight aside, most, if not all, of Morata's goals have been crucial in us getting wins. Doesn't just stat pad like some other strikers. It's just his poor finishing with his feet that's letting him down. Could so easily have scored 20 goals by now!

Could so easily have -if, if, if, -if me aunty had bollocks she'd be my uncle

Great with his head, but not the most natural finisher. Good link up play but wastes far too many chances especially at crucial moments.

1 minute ago, Jason said:

It's :lol: that people have selective memory about Torres and Costa all of a sudden.

It infuriates me how people speak of Costa like he was fucking Messiah. I mean if you're worried about our CL chances then Costa has done jack shit against PSG. He was good, great at times, but never a reliable hero.

Enough with the historical revisionism!