Álvaro Morata

Captain Ahmed

1 minute ago, El P. said:

Only top striker Chelsea had in last 15 years, ALL THINGS CONSIDERED, is Didier Drogba. Before him JFH. Diego Costa is mentioned only because Morata did what he did in last weeks.

Both Drogba and Hasselbaink had frustrating times, lets not let nostalgia cloud that.

Just now, cfcs most wanted said:

Just his poor finishing. I can't emphasise enough on the fact that it should be his basic quality. The fact that by the third chance everyone was just expecting him to miss, says it all about his finishing and that is unacceptable , no matter how much his headers or positioning etc etc, the fact still remains if you score goals you're a good striker, if you don't you're a bad one, because that's what the team expected from you and you didn't provide it.

I really don't understand how he has missed those easy chances with his feet, especially after he scored two very good goals - his first and second - at Stoke earlier in the season.

Just now, Tomo said:

Both Drogba and Hasselbaink had frustrating times, lets not let nostalgia cloud that.

I know, but Drogba redeemed himself. And JFH never played in such strong Chelsea, that's why I rate him so much. Still think of both as top strikers.

1 minute ago, Tomo said:

Drogba is a Chelsea legend. He scored in huge games and won us the Champions League with that headed goal then the penalty. Anything he done negitively has been forgotten forever in my book.

2 minutes ago, Azpinator said:

It infuriates me how people speak of Costa like he was fucking Messiah. I mean if you're worried about our CL chances then Costa has done jack shit against PSG. He was good, great at times, but never a reliable hero.

Enough with the historical revisionism!

Costa always went AWOL in the second half of the season with us but guess people have forgotten about that.

4 minutes ago, Azpinator said:

Three full seasons? No way! I'd say 1 and a half season. Let's not get carried away.

To you Costa post january last season was shit, for me he still did his job. Scored some key goals and won some fouls that benefited us. I defended him back then and still do.

Regarding second season, whole team was shit yes. But Costa was definateky still the best individual along Azpi and Willian.  

2 minutes ago, Jason said:

It's :lol: that people have selective memory about Torres and Costa all of a sudden.

Torres was rather garbage, Morata is miles ahead, but that doesnt say much.

Regarding Costa, check my old comments from end of last season, I always had high respect for him and always thought he did well, unlike most. I was probably the only one who wouldnt sell him and I questioned Conte for how he dealt with it.

Talk about selective haha, at least I stand by my opinions unlike some here. People wanted to sell Costa who on form is absolutely world class but were butthurt about his spain comments. Now they have nice striker and again they arent happy. 

Wait a month or few, and if Morata doesnt improve, whole forum who was absolutely disgraceful towards Costa last summer will call for Morata name and pray to get someone like Costa. 

2 minutes ago, Jason said:

It's :lol: that people have selective memory about Torres and Costa all of a sudden.

Very true. More often than not Torres was horrific and he missed A LOT of chances whereas Costa despite being very clinical probably ruined around 100+ attacking plays a season because of his poor technical ability and lack of link-up play. They were both far far from perfect.

That being said, I expect Morata to spend extra hours on the training pitch working on his finishing. I was a playmaker, not a striker, as a kid and thus I don't exactly know what he or the coaching staff can do to improve his confidence in front of the goal but it's clear that something needs to be done.

2 minutes ago, BlueLyon said:

Reality is probably this;

Good player. Glad we never paid the 75m for Lukaku. Still needs to be upgraded on.

Frankly, if you want titles, playing with main striker like Morata wont do the trick. Maybe as second striker. Chelsea has very specific system and we rely heavily on striker finishing. 

He is quality player with great heading and link up, but awful finishing. 

Im just saying, for now its allright, but if he doesnt improve his feet, he can be best header in the world with good linkup, but he wont be even close to our starting MAIN striker. 

I always saw him as second striker, thats why I was hoping we would keep Costa and play both, so he has future here one way or another. 

But I couldnt care less about my main strikers linkup abilities if he fucks up three clear goals. 

Costa was a huge loss, despite various complaints about his lack of link up play etc, he was a ruthless finisher on his day and a real presence. Although he was the same when he scored goals nobody said anything and when he didn't he was overly criticised, like Morata is getting now. People seem to forget already that 6 months into his Chelsea career he is really carrying the burden of providing the goals for us on a regular basis, sure strikers are meant to score goals but I'm more concerned about the lack of goals from Batshuayi, Willian, Pedro, Cesc, even Hazard to a certain extent in some games or coming off the bench because I think it was obvious that somebody who in their first season in the PL would maybe struggle around Winter time to maintain his form after he had quite an impressive start to his Chelsea career and no winter break like he was used to in Spain and Italy. I mean everyone taken away by City but look at the goals that De Bruyne, Silva, Sterling, Sane, Jesus and Aguero have all gotten in comparison to our attacking and midfield options. Liverpool as well with Salah, Firmino, Coutinho, Mane... its that bad that Marcos Alonso has gotten more goals for us than Hazard, Batshuayi, Willian and Pedro have all managed themselves in the PL. To win titles, you need a supporting cast for your striker that if there not firing will chip in, we used to have Lampard, Malouda, Anelka, Drogba, Kalou all scoring 10+ a season for years. Morata missing 3 sitters in one game is not as big a problem as the lack of goals from other players. 

Talking about Costa I'd of loved to see him and Morata playing together, thought it would be an excellent combination of sorts, physical presence in Costa and the more technical sort of player in Morata next to him. Morata can work on his finishing yes and I think he will, his confidence is likely to be shot but I think Conte will pick him up. I'd hate to see where we would be if Morata hadn't done so well and gotten as many goals as he has because we'd be nowhere near the position we are. 

11 minutes ago, Mana said:

Yes, if you compare him to Lukaku, he isn't that much better and we paid less. So Morata v Lukaku = Good buy. But Morata is miles behind Kane, Aguero, Salah...

You can even argue Lazarette is better, no way Laza will miss 3 1v1s in one game.

I doubt we'll see anybody miss 3 sitters like those again for us. It really was poor finishing but it won't happen again. If he isn't much better than Lukaku then I don't know... because he offers 10 times more for me, Lukaku is a flat track bully but has a poor record against top 6 teams. Kane, Aguero, Salah (hes not even a striker no idea why youve brought him into this)... fair enough but Kane didn't score for a whole month at the start of the season but did you see Tottenham fans saying Llorente was better or Morata was better or Lukaku was better or what not? Not a chance in hell. Salah is on fire but Liverpool still won't have better chances of competing for the title, Aguero like Kane, top class player but when he goes on a run of a few games do you think City fans start complaining about his finishing? No way. Yes we can criticise Morata's finishing because it was poor tonight but there will be many folk come the end of the season who will look back and think my god did I really say that about Morata and regret it. The new Torres or worse than Batshuayi crowd particularly. 

31 minutes ago, LAM09 said:

Goals win you games and it's as simple as that. Can't be spending £70m on a CF that can't even do on a regular basis

And some of us weren't too fond of either. I'd urge the club to go for Belotti at a cut price.

P.S. Everyone here is because we love the club. Criticizing players for failing to basics has NOTHING to do with loyality. emoji58.png

Belotti at a cut price? 4 goals so far this season. For Torino. Last year was impressive for him but he has been nowhere near the standard this time round. Release clause of 100M euros as well. No thank you.

Well if people are here because they love the club and the players who represent that club then they could do with reviewing some of the posts, not even just on here but on twitter/facebook and whatever else I've seen shit that makes me embarrassed to be a fan alongside these people, 'new Torres'? Really? I'd really like to see what would happen if Hazard missed 3 guilt edge chances like that. Would really be interesting. 

4 minutes ago, Jason said:

Costa always went AWOL in the second half of the season with us but guess people have forgotten about that.

This. Costa would be more concerned with yelling at the ref and getting into petty fights with opponents then actually scoring goals.

And the Torres comparisons are just :lol::lol::lol:

5 minutes ago, BlueLyon said:

Regarding second season, whole team was shit yes. But Costa was definateky still the best individual along Azpi and Willian.  

I disagree once again. During that season he was benched for Traore at times. It was baffling how hopeless him, Falcao and Pato were.

Belotti at a cut price? 4 goals so far this season. For Torino. Last year was impressive for him but he has been nowhere near the standard this time round. Release clause of 100M euros as well. No thank you.

Well if people are here because they love the club and the players who represent that club then they could do with reviewing some of the posts, not even just on here but on twitter/facebook and whatever else I've seen shit that makes me embarrassed to be a fan alongside these people, 'new Torres'? Really? I'd really like to see what would happen if Hazard missed 3 guilt edge chances like that. Would really be interesting. 

I'm sure an offer of around £40m would interest Torino. He all-round game would offer us something we lack upfront & him being Italian might be another plus as well.

I rarely follow any sort of media concerning the club due to the amount of idiots that have a platform which spout nonsense.

I agree with the point that the Torres comparison after overstepping the mark. However, I doubt Morata would have the composure to finish like Torres did at the Nou Camp on current evidence.

6 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

Costa was a huge loss, despite various complaints about his lack of link up play etc, he was a ruthless finisher on his day and a real presence. Although he was the same when he scored goals nobody said anything and when he didn't he was overly criticised, like Morata is getting now. People seem to forget already that 6 months into his Chelsea career he is really carrying the burden of providing the goals for us on a regular basis, sure strikers are meant to score goals but I'm more concerned about the lack of goals from Batshuayi, Willian, Pedro, Cesc, even Hazard to a certain extent in some games or coming off the bench because I think it was obvious that somebody who in their first season in the PL would maybe struggle around Winter time to maintain his form after he had quite an impressive start to his Chelsea career and no winter break like he was used to in Spain and Italy. I mean everyone taken away by City but look at the goals that De Bruyne, Silva, Sterling, Sane, Jesus and Aguero have all gotten in comparison to our attacking and midfield options. Liverpool as well with Salah, Firmino, Coutinho, Mane... its that bad that Marcos Alonso has gotten more goals for us than Hazard, Batshuayi, Willian and Pedro have all managed themselves in the PL. To win titles, you need a supporting cast for your striker that if there not firing will chip in, we used to have Lampard, Malouda, Anelka, Drogba, Kalou all scoring 10+ a season for years. Morata missing 3 sitters in one game is not as big a problem as the lack of goals from other players. 

Talking about Costa I'd of loved to see him and Morata playing together, thought it would be an excellent combination of sorts, physical presence in Costa and the more technical sort of player in Morata next to him. Morata can work on his finishing yes and I think he will, his confidence is likely to be shot but I think Conte will pick him up. I'd hate to see where we would be if Morata hadn't done so well and gotten as many goals as he has because we'd be nowhere near the position we are. 

I doubt we'll see anybody miss 3 sitters like those again for us. It really was poor finishing but it won't happen again. If he isn't much better than Lukaku then I don't know... because he offers 10 times more for me, Lukaku is a flat track bully but has a poor record against top 6 teams. Kane, Aguero, Salah (hes not even a striker no idea why youve brought him into this)... fair enough but Kane didn't score for a whole month at the start of the season but did you see Tottenham fans saying Llorente was better or Morata was better or Lukaku was better or what not? Not a chance in hell. Salah is on fire but Liverpool still won't have better chances of competing for the title, Aguero like Kane, top class player but when he goes on a run of a few games do you think City fans start complaining about his finishing? No way. Yes we can criticise Morata's finishing because it was poor tonight but there will be many folk come the end of the season who will look back and think my god did I really say that about Morata and regret it. The new Torres or worse than Batshuayi crowd particularly. 

i agree others need to score more yeah. 

But Im still more concerned about Morata being THIS poor infront of goal. He is main striker and needs to improve quickly.

If Eden missed three sitters it would be hard to chew, but he isnt our main finisher. Its normal he would get different reaction. Eden main goal is to dribble and create. Morata is to finish. 

Its like Christensen had awesome game in defence but miss three sitters. He would still be hailed for top game. 

If Morata created 5 chances but missed 3 himself he would be blamed. Because he is striker and you expect striker to score. 

The situation was we had world class striker in Costa and we paid 70m for 25m striker who played in Real and Juve before. Same guy who benched Costa in national team. Surely you are patient, but there were big expectations. 

Morata now missed 14! clear chances, only Salah missed more (15). 

12 minutes ago, Belgiannutt said:

This. Costa would be more concerned with yelling at the ref and getting into petty fights with opponents then actually scoring goals.

And the Torres comparisons are just :lol::lol::lol:

Who gives a shit if he yells at them? Honestly? 

Is this problem of morality and Costa being bad character?

If not, 

He fights for the team, thats his way of play. And most of the time he scores. He is deadly finisher, it obviously worked for him AND FOR US. We won two titles big thanks to him. Dont say he cost us damage haha, thats the biggest bullshit I would read here.

"Than actualy scoring goals"...?

Yes because he scored so few for us, right? 

And Morata complains to ref all the time too, he just missed everton game because of that 😂 and unlike Costa, Morata cards didnt have single positive influence on chelsea, while Costa rattled defenders all the time. 

Costa isnt perfect at all, but simply put he was deadlier striker than Morata is. 

Conte on him -

‘The only things I can tell him are to stay calm and continue to work in this way for the team because then the chances will arrive for him and for the other players. This is the first season he is playing with regularity. He has to stay calm and to continue to play in this way and the goal is coming.

Wrong. The only thing that should be done with Morata is to use a rope, tie him to a goal post and make him practise finishing every single minute every single day.

4 minutes ago, milan.cech said:

Conte on him -

Wrong. The only thing that should be done with Morata is to use a rope, tie him to a goal post and make him practise shooting every single minute every single day.

How would that help? Shooting's not the problem, a striker at this level knows how to shoot technically... the mind is the problem here.

Just now, BlueLyon said:

Who gives a shit if he yells at them? Honestly? 

Is this problem of morality and Costa being bad character?

If not, 

He fights for the team, thats his way of play. And most of the time he scores. He is deadly finisher, it obviously worked for him AND FOR US. We won two titles big thanks to him. Dont say he cost us damage haha, thats the biggest bullshit I would read here.

"Than actualy scoring goals"...?

Yes because he scored so few for us, right? 

And Morata complains to ref all the time too, he just missed everton game because of that 😂 and unlike Costa, Morata cards didnt have single positive influence on chelsea, while Costa rattled defenders all the time. 

Costa isnt perfect at all, but simply put he was deadlier striker than Morata is. 

lol calm down. I'm talking about Costa in the second half of the season. He always had jekyll and hyde seasons for us where he'd be amazign 1 half of the season only to go completely cold the other.

I give a shit because it's frustrating when a striker isn't scoring and seems more interested in picking fights then scoring goals. If a striker is struggling you want him to focus on his game.

It's not that i want to belittle Costa but the way people talk about Costa sometimes as if he never missed big chances or played like shit.

38 minutes ago, El P. said:

Only top striker Chelsea had in last 15 years, ALL THINGS CONSIDERED, is Didier Drogba. Before him JFH. Diego Costa is mentioned only because Morata did what he did in last weeks.

That is just not true. Costa is absolutely a top striker. Two 20 goal seasons with us, and would have had another if not for the business with Jose and his injury. 

Frustrating watching Morata at the moment. I said Michy has been the more impressive of the two lately, and I honestly would have started him.

I don't think Morata is bad, and in all honesty, it is probably a good thing he is starting considering we don't really give people a fair shake if they start underperforming, and we want him to stay. 

You don't miss shots like that if you're bad. You miss them because you have no confidence. He thinks too much out there. I don't think it is a Torres situation, because he was done by the time he came here.