Álvaro Morata

Captain Ahmed

Well, at least he's not getting needless cards, like Costa did. [emoji185]
Probably end up getting more due to his theatrics. Someone needs to tell him to stay on his bloody feet.

Not even a whole year and he is already more annoying than Costa, atleast Costa had some intent in himself, this guy is not even trying to play, throwing himself to the ground and moaning for not getting a foul, it was just pathetic. I know what he did can't be considered a dive, but i don't think he has such a poor physique to be going tumbling down at every finger that touches him. 

i'm pretty sure costa and torres dived , i don't even think it was worthy of a booking, obviously not a pen, just went down weakly, not an actual dive like pedro. And from there, the referee was looking for any chance to send a chelsea player off, so he could be centre of attention

I don't think he is better than Lukaku, anymore.

And like others have mentioned, his face when things go wrong is: "MUUUM, THEY HIT MEEEE!!"

Aubameyang was the only right choice last summer, unfortunately. A lot better player than Lukaku and Morata, despite being 27 then (18.6. he turned 28yo). 3-4 years left in him.

Would trade Morata + 20 millions for Auba any day of the week.

I can't stand players who chronically complain about everything. I don't think I have ever seen a ref rescind a decision because somebody came yelling in their face, but I have seen plenty get yellows or reds for that. What is the point of doing that? Dumb kid.

1 hour ago, El P. said:

I don't think he is better than Lukaku, anymore.

And like others have mentioned, his face when things go wrong is: "MUUUM, THEY HIT MEEEE!!"

Aubameyang was the only right choice last summer, unfortunately. A lot better player than Lukaku and Morata, despite being 27 then (18.6. he turned 28yo). 3-4 years left in him.

Would trade Morata + 20 millions for Auba any day of the week.

Do people actually watch Aubameyang or are they just going off the reputation or hype? Sure, his goalscoring record is utterly impressive but apart from that, he doesn't do much. His link up play is bang on average and he is extremely reliant on his pace. If teams limit the space for him to operate, then that's 3/4 of him gone. And not to mention, he comes with baggage off the field. Has been disciplined several times by Dortmund over the past year and there's a reason why only a small number of clubs want him.

45 minutes ago, Jason said:

Do people actually watch Aubameyang or are they just going off the reputation or hype? Sure, his goalscoring record is utterly impressive but apart from that, he doesn't do much. His link up play is bang on average and he is extremely reliant on his pace. If teams limit the space for him to operate, then that's 3/4 of him gone. And not to mention, he comes with baggage off the field. Has been disciplined several times by Dortmund over the past year and there's a reason why only a small number of clubs want him.

Didn't know about him being bad boy. I think our striker will ALWAYS get one-two real chances per game to score, with the help of teammates. Hazard and Fabregas are good enough of creators, we need someone who can finish. Also, here and there he can create something himself with that insane pace.

No way he isn't significantly better than Morata, no way.

7 minutes ago, El P. said:

I think our striker will ALWAYS get one-two real chances per game to score, with the help of teammates. Hazard and Fabregas are good enough of creators, we need someone who can finish.

Sure, we do create chances every game but let's not make it as if we do so consistently. Hazard, Fabregas etc are hit-and-miss with their chance creation. Don't want to make it sound like Aubameyang is bad but he does have a tendency to miss easy chances as well.

10 minutes ago, El P. said:

Also, here and there he can create something himself with that insane pace.

But what happens if there isn't space to do that? Most of the teams that we play don't give us that. Aubameyang relies heavily on services if there is no space for him create chances for himself. If there's no space, no service for him, you won't see him get involved much.

13 minutes ago, El P. said:

No way he isn't significantly better than Morata, no way.

Maybe. But he's not as great as many have made him out to be. Morata may not be in on it right now but he definitely has time and room on his side to grow and get better.

13 hours ago, Tomo said:

Maybe if he only scores 10 goals in his 90 league games (therefore matching Torres's goal stats for us) that comparison can be made, until then, just no.

To be honest, he’s on his way with his current goal drought. :lol: 

@Jason, we may not be creating great chances every game, but that wouldn't be Auba's problem. He may be more "shy" with goals for some time, but with bringing right LWB, and with Barkley who may be good at creating chances, why not? And yes, he would be more "shy" with this team, but nothing compared to Morata.

On the other side - we may bring KDB, Verratti, Pogba and Coutinho, Morata would still be the same, missing everything no matter how many chances he has.

Also, Alvaro's link up play is good, but hold up play isn't, so let's not act like he is providing us with some great all-round contribution every game.

And don't tell me he MAY be good, he is showing exactly the opposite every time he tries to shoot the ball.

Morata needs to have a couple of things.

Proper competiton to hopefully make him get his feet together.

Some creative help cause we have none. I'm hoping with all the hope I can muster that Rossy can give it. Hes got alot of pressure coming to him. He either thrives on it or caves in.

And a rocket up his arse for that diving shit! cf6655174e201fcca2e3aeb9e0373817.gif

16 minutes ago, El P. said:

@Jason, we may not be creating great chances every game, but that wouldn't be Auba's problem. He may be more "shy" with goals for some time, but with bringing right LWB, and with Barkley who may be good at creating chances, why not? And yes, he would be more "shy" with this team, but nothing compared to Morata.

On the other side - we may bring KDB, Verratti, Pogba and Coutinho, Morata would still be the same, missing everything no matter how many chances he has.

Morata has missed loads of chances and it has been frustrating but to say he'll keep on missing them is nonsense, especially when there's only a number of games to back that up. If he's still missing them, say, this time next year, then your point would hold a lot more weight.

25 minutes ago, El P. said:

Also, Alvaro's link up play is good, but hold up play isn't, so let's not act like he is providing us with some great all-round contribution every game.

Did I say Morata is perfect with his build play contribution? No. Aubameyang may be the better finisher but he is by no means better than Morata in linking up the play etc.

27 minutes ago, El P. said:

And don't tell me he MAY be good, he is showing exactly the opposite every time he tries to shoot the ball.

You're just gonna judge him based 6-7 months? He is 26 this year and there is still time to improve and get better. Even Aubameyang did not become the consistent goalscorer that he is today till about 2-3 years ago.

This whole thing is just funny. It has been frustrating to watch Morata, especially in recent times, but to just dismiss after such a short amount time is baffling. It's not as if he has been completely useless. I dread to think the treatment some players of 10-15 years ago that we all love would have gotten had social media been this prominent back then.

@Jason, Morata didn't start to play football this season. I am not convinced with his time at Juventus and Real at all. I think, if he was better, he would play much more for Juventus, and not as a second striker. 15 goals in two seasons at Juventus are just not enough. His rivals for place were nothing special there. Why didn't he play? 2015/16 - Mandžukić scored 12 goals. 2015/14 Llorente scored 8 goals. Those two are not Drogba and Aguero. Why would anyone in the right mind keep those two in the first team, if anything better is on the bench? Or is Allegri stupid?

It's not just this 6 months, but those 6 months somehow just proved what we all were skeptical about. It's 3 seasons. Don't tell me I have no reason to think the way I'm thinking.

Meanwhile, Aubemeyang in last 4 seasons scored about 80 goals. That's just too much not to put him at class above.

EDIT: And he may be good, someday. But for now, it doesn't look like he will, and really relying on him to lead our attack for years is a risk.