The Conte Thread

Think if Willian goes to United it'll be a lot like Mata. Painful at times to watch a player I've loved but not consistent enough to make us truly regret selling him.

I would love a Willian for Martial swap. Even in Martial's brief cameo yesterday you see exactly what he brings. With consistent game time and a manager who isn't an asshole like José he can become a world class winger/hybrid forward. Willian can still provide moments or small stretches where he's top class but he rarely sustains it.

1 hour ago, Pizy said:

Yeah....

Seems Conte doesn't get on well with the Brazilians we've had. Fallen out with all of them. Diego, David Luiz, and now clearly Willian.

That's because club instructed Conte to get rid of Brazilians as soon as they appointed him.

3 hours ago, Costa19 said:

Either Willian or Conte is off for sure. You cant do that and then go on and work together next season. Im all for Conte out and Sarri in but that is just disgusting from Willian. Would be happy to see Willian feck off aswell.

Geez...It seems some people really believe there is even a small chance of Conte staying.

4 hours ago, manpe said:

He hugged him after the game too.

Sent from my Mi A1 using Tapatalk

Mou cut an interview off so he could run after him I read.

Even with Mou saying he is not going to be in the market for forwards this summer we know thats bollox, There must be summet going on in that camp for him to dis Lukaku the way he did in interviews.

I honestly dont want Willi to leave and specially not to those Manc twats. And not for Martial

I didn't see any signs of Conte saying a goodbye to the fans after the game as you would expect if he had thought he was leaving.

I see him staying to see his contract out and just hope we get a big enough transfer chest to buy our way back into contention. But its not a 1 window fix.

5 hours ago, Pizy said:

Think if Willian goes to United it'll be a lot like Mata. Painful at times to watch a player I've loved but not consistent enough to make us truly regret selling him.

I would love a Willian for Martial swap. Even in Martial's brief cameo yesterday you see exactly what he brings. With consistent game time and a manager who isn't an asshole like José he can become a world class winger/hybrid forward. Willian can still provide moments or small stretches where he's top class but he rarely sustains it.

Honestly I didn't think Martial did anything of great note that would encourage us to swap Willian for him other than show his pace. He can become this or that is too common a factor, hes struggled to really hit the nail on the head at United and to progress, even under van Gaal after his explosive start he has never really progressed and I don't think that any United fans would necessarily disagree although in front of goal he is a natural goal scorer I think, always manages to chip in with 7-10 goals a season, that would be a plus but for me if Eden stays where does he play? Right wing? Hes a wide forward, that would be a waste. As a 9? Not sure. I think the next wide player we sign needs to be more a creative player than a goal scorer, Eden is in the same make up but he cannot create every goal for us by himself, he needs help (although I still think Eden's goal output can improve and hopefully next season he will chip in with more although hes done alright this season considering how average the team has done).

Suppose it all depends on the coach, formation, etc but if we do actually move for him or not but I don't think if he was to just be signed for a cash deal that he would necessarily play every week here, especially if Eden stays, because I can't see him excelling as a right winger as opposed to what he could do as a left winger. I don't see the next coach playing Eden as a number 10 either which I think has been mentioned. I think hes better coming from wider and roaming into more central positions, centre of the pitch gets pretty congested. 

3 hours ago, Amblève. said:

Willian doesn't even touch Mata's status at Chelsea. Mata was the shining hope in one of the craziest season in our history, a two-time POTY, and - of course - part of that magical night in Munich. Willian's greatest achievement at Chelsea on the hand is being the least bad player in our worst season in 2 decades.

Wasn't comparing their status or ability but rather just how I feel about them as players. Willian has been one of my favorites here just as Mata was at the time. Like Mata, I would be sad at first to see Willian playing for a rival but would get over it eventually since he's not good enough to elevate them to a whole new level.

4 hours ago, Amblève. said:

Willian doesn't even touch Mata's status at Chelsea. Mata was the shining hope in one of the craziest season in our history, a two-time POTY, and - of course - part of that magical night in Munich. Willian's greatest achievement at Chelsea on the hand is being the least bad player in our worst season in 2 decades.

Indeed, but Willian is a 2 time PL winner (something Mata never achieved) and FA Cup winner, those are great achievements.

Its pretty funny that people get salty because he just doesn't get along with a manager that is already sacked.