The Conte Thread

3 minutes ago, Tomo said:

That"s not exactly true is it? No Champion in England have significantly strengthened since United in 2007, 11 years ago. That's doesn't excuse us, but lets not go all grass is greener on the other side here.

watch Shitty this summer.

35 minutes ago, Tomo said:

Not atall, you just said every other team strengthened after a title win when not a single one has for over a decade. 

So I'm wromg/ Its not a match and I dont mind losing and find the need to win every point. You've won. Go strenthen for next season ;)

8 hours ago, Belgiannutt said:

But keeping Conte will solve it ? :lol:

I think it's just as daft to actually want Conte to stay after this poor season.  Quite frankjly he's burned that bridge himself by constantly bitching, moaning and sulking about the board. 

Second part of the season did Conte actually look like he wanted to be here ? 

"Roman doesn't want to invest more money? Then don't do it. Come up front and show some support to Conte, see if he wants to continue and keep him. Inform him that these are the conditions and he needs to get the best out of what he has available at this point."

You really think the board didn't already tell him that this season ? and what was the result, bitching, moaning, sulking. 

The point is that they should at least do something. Everyone is moving forward while we are stalling. I never said that Conte should stay, but if that's what's planned to happen, at least announce it and let everyone start working for the next season.

It's like everyone at the club is on a vacation or something. At least that's how it feels. Maybe stuff's going and we just do not know about it. 

4 minutes ago, the wes said:

CHELSEA may stick with current boss Antonio Conte for next season if they fail to complete a deal for former Napoli manager Maurizio Sarri, according to Raphael Honigstein.

Would much rather have Conte over Blanc but I am not sure the players are on the same page. 

CHELSEA may stick with current boss Antonio Conte for next season if they fail to complete a deal for former Napoli manager Maurizio Sarri, according to Raphael Honigstein.

Well, that would be the most logical thing, since the board doesn’t want to pay both Conte and Napoli.

If it was only Sarri’s cause, it would’ve probably be done by now.

Bad things is - if he does stay, next season the press will be even more insufferable. This season was “Will you be a Chelsea manager next season?” and this season will be “Are you going to sign an extension?” every week...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

All of the board's energy should be focused on rebuilding our team and giving it a proper pre-season. Getting new manager in situation like ours is like getting a new paint on the car which has broken engine.

Fix the bloody engine first!

2 hours ago, El P. said:

All of the board's energy should be focused on rebuilding our team and giving it a proper pre-season. Getting new manager in situation like ours is like getting a new paint on the car which has broken engine.

Fix the bloody engine first!

Ridiculous statement, we need a manager first and foremost.

Will we carry on with a back 3 or revert to a back 4? Are we looking to play a possession based game or look to improve on a counter attacking style?

Until a manager is in place with a blueprint of how they wish to set the team up, buying players is not possible. 

I'm sure some groundwork has been done on summer transfers and the manager situation needs to be clarified before this can go any further.

I don't believe for one minute Conte had no say in transfers. He may not have got some of his first choice options and had the final say but he had an element of influence on proceedings.