The Conte Thread

9 minutes ago, Henrique said:

Indeed, but Willian is a 2 time PL winner (something Mata never achieved) and FA Cup winner, those are great achievements.

Its pretty funny that people get salty because he just doesn't get along with a manager that is already sacked.

I don't think people expect him to automatically get on with a manager. If he doesn't then fair enough, numerous high profile examples of this over the years.

People aren't happy with the way he's showed his dislike. It's classless and distasteful in my opinion.

Either keep your thoughts private or be respectful and mature in the way you do it. He could easily give an interview once Conte has gone to say that unfortunately he didn't see eye to eye with him and looks forward to a new manger coming in. Instead he acts like a petulant, sulking child.

46 minutes ago, Superblue_1986 said:

I don't think people expect him to automatically get on with a manager. If he doesn't then fair enough, numerous high profile examples of this over the years.

People aren't happy with the way he's showed his dislike. It's classless and distasteful in my opinion.

Either keep your thoughts private or be respectful and mature in the way you do it. He could easily give an interview once Conte has gone to say that unfortunately he didn't see eye to eye with him and looks forward to a new manger coming in. Instead he acts like a petulant, sulking child.

Why make such a big deal about a instagram post?  Nowadays people complain about the way political correctness is taking over of football, but create a whole situation after a player put a trophy emoji over the manager on a instagram picture.

People being salty in this situation has nothing to do with "classless" or "distasteful".  Both Conte and Mourinho came with comments in past years that can be easily described as "classless" or "distasteful", but their fans alway used to LOVE their attitude, describing them from "badass" to "a man with genuine emotions".

In my opinion what is happening is exactly what I said, people got mad because William showed no respect for Conte, but why should William show respect or a man who is probably gone? Its like saying any player should show respect for Mourinho for the things the did in the past. His instagram post came after the end of the game, when the season was also finished. Willian probably knows that Conte is also finished as Chelsea manager, so the thought he could share what he really think about the Italian.

On 21/05/2018 at 0:01 AM, Henrique said:

why should William show respect or a man who is probably gone?

Does thos mean we start slagging off all our ex managers and players? We need to have some sort of loyalty even if for some reason we personally dont like someone. These peeps rightly or wrongly have made us who we are. You gotta have a good enough memory to remember the season we had last year. Sadly thats our current cycle. One good then one bad season. Quadruple for us next year mate whoever the manager is!  7ae0656ddabaaae4884bfd86b6467571.gif

1 hour ago, El P. said:

When I see this pathetic Liverpool with their pathetic players, I appreciate Conte even more.

How?

Are you comparing Conte with what Klopp did? Taking Liverpool and their 'pathetic players' to a Champions league final? Where they lose their best player in 30 mins? The end result sucked for them in the end, but all 3 of the Madrid goals came out of nowhere. 2 being down to the goalkeeper. 

Just now, Blue Armour said:

How?

Are you comparing Conte with what Klopp did? Taking Liverpool and their 'pathetic players' to a Champions league final? Where they lose their best player in 30 mins? The end result sucked for them in the end, but all 3 of the Madrid goals came out of nowhere. 2 being down to the goalkeeper. 

Yes I am. Klopp's team is depending on only one player, without Salah they are average. You are telling me that you would trade our last two seasons with Conte for LFC's last 2 seasons with Klopp (and no trophies)? LFC is overrated.

4 hours ago, Antonio8 said:

two trophies in two years. these are facts 

Shit on a stick football this season and no CL next season. These are facts aswell. 

His first season was great, his second was very very poor an FA cup doesn't change that. 

44 minutes ago, DDA said:

Conte does deserve tremendous respect for what he has achieved with our bang average squad.

People don't remember This was one of the most liked messages in September 2016.

"Just needs to get that top 4 finish. But I'll keep saying it, it's not going to be easy. City, Utd, Arsenal, Spurs, Liverpool... "

A lot of people thought that way actually, most people agreed we would struggle for top 4 with our squad but after we won the league, expectations rose and the disappointment/anger is huge now.

10 minutes ago, DDA said:

Absolutely but we could play pretty football and win nothing. You don't remember the seasons when you win nothing. Yes, we didn't get CL and ultimately that isn't good enough for a club like ours but Conte does deserve tremendous respect for what he has achieved with our bang average squad.

Don't think you'll find anyone that won't give massive credit to Conte for winning the title last season but this season hasn't been good at all an fA cup doesn't chance that. Just feels like people are trying to paper over the cracks when they point to the fa cup this season. 

Feel like the back three sytem got found out this season and Conte simply didn't have an answer for it. 

This last couple of years, whenever we've won trophies, it always felt like we took 1 step forward 2 steps back.  Like we were slipping further away from the top even when we won trophies.

I honestly wouldn't mind Sarri coming in for 2-3 years not winning anything but laying down a strong foundation to play a more attacking type of football. 

I'm just looking for us to take a step forward into the direction of becoming a high energy pressing, attacking possession team. 

If Sarri manages that i'll be happy. 

That game against City this season where we needed to win and Conte having us play with Hazard as a false 9,  with 2 fit strikers on the bench. 1-0 down yet he kept us sitting deep with no real attempt to actually attack them. 

It just made me sick to my stomach because with a set up like that we simply gave up before the kick off.

One of Conte's famous quotes "We must suffer" Well, i did suffer watching us this season. 

The reasons why Roman Abramovich wants to replace Antonio Conte with Maurizio Sarri at Chelsea

The Blues boss is under pressure after following a run of disappointing results

https://www.football.london/chelsea-fc/news/abramovich-chelsea-manager-conte-sarri-14253026

On 5/26/2018 at 7:44 PM, El P. said:

Yes I am. Klopp's team is depending on only one player, without Salah they are average. You are telling me that you would trade our last two seasons with Conte for LFC's last 2 seasons with Klopp (and no trophies)? LFC is overrated.

Okay, that's fair.

I thought you were just referring to this seasons CL tournament alone.

Talking about Sarri during the a friendly golf tournament organized by the Vialli and Mauro Foundation, Guardiola said: “I have no doubts that Sarri is one of the best managers out there. He achieved something incredible with Napoli. His style of football is as good as a drink in the sun. It was great to see Napoli games. It would be a pleasure to meet him in England