The Conte Thread

28 minutes ago, ChelseaFanUK said:

Will stay IMO.  Winning today i reckon will buy him some time

I THINK it may depend on whether Sarri accepts his extension. Or Roman wants to pay his Joe Baksi!

Latest link is to Jardim.

1 hour ago, ChelseaFanUK said:

Will stay IMO.  Winning today i reckon will buy him some time

Definitely. Roman won't sack him today and break the mood...will probably wait until midweek. So Conte got some more days. Thats some time.

Almost universal thinking amongst the journo's that he's off. Think in the end it's comments from our players like Hazard today that will do him in. I'm sure quite a few of them are sick of setting up defensively and playing like a small team.

4 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Almost universal thinking amongst the journo's that he's off. Think in the end it's comments from our players like Hazard today that will do him in. I'm sure quite a few of them are sick of setting up defensively and playing like a small team.

definitely got the feeling Cahill isn't fussed on him

47 minutes ago, Pizy said:

The stupid thing in all of this is the journalists framing Conte's inevitable departure as another case of Roman sacking the manager because he didn't meet expectations, when Conte has spent pretty much the entire season begging to be sacked. Roman being a trigger happy owner when it comes to sacking managers is one of the stupidest myths ever.

17 minutes ago, Jason said:

The stupid thing in all of this is the journalists framing Conte's inevitable departure as another case of Roman sacking the manager because he didn't meet expectations, when Conte has spent pretty much the entire season begging to be sacked. Roman being a trigger happy owner when it comes to sacking managers is one of the stupidest myths ever.

Mourinho in his last spell and Conte have been shown acceptable patience 

1 hour ago, Mana said:

This transfer window is probably the most critical window for us in the last 10 years.

Its going to be a very hard job for us.

1. We dont have a director of football so nobody hearing the transfer team apart from a woman clueless in football and a owner thats in court more often than not and will not have the time etc to talk with whatever manager we have.

2. Will we have a big enough budget for the amount and or the class of player we need.

3. Even if we have the money we wont be able to atract those players

3 minutes ago, Iggy Doonican said:

Why did your mum call you for your dinner?.

Really bad Charlie

1 minute ago, Mana said:

CL places > FA Cup. Come on now. We are not a tiny club. Granted any club would take a trophy rather than winning nothing, but we are not Spuds who are desperate to win something after being trophyless for over 10 years. I rather have a trophyless season but have CL, then to just win the FA Cup. Because as I said, the FA Cup apart from adding +1 to our trophy cabinet adds nothing to what's going to happen this summer. Conte's neck is still on the line, Hazard's still deciding whether to leave or not, EL next season...

FA Cup is nice to have, but we are bigger than just winning the FA Cup. It's equivalent to Barca, Madrid or Bayern failing to get CL, failing to win the title...but winning a Spanish/German Cup. Not good enough at all.

United ended up trophyless this season, but next season they can banter us all season saying something like "Only the big clubs are in the CL". 

It's nice we won the FA Cup, but it certainly does not in any way, paper over the cracks of a shambles of a season.

Yeah but our performance today does not help Conte's case of staying as our manager. I don't care if people will forget how this final played out 10 years from now, I'm talking about now, the present. We didn't play well today, we looked so average all over the park except the Belgians, Kante and Rudiger.

It was a good thing we played boring Mou United today. If it was any other top 6 side, we would had lost.

I can understand your argument but firstly the premier league is much more unique than the other top leagues in Europe in that we have 6 big clubs competing for 4 champions league places so 2 teams are going to miss out each season. And again domestically, there are only three trophies a season handed out so they should all be seen as worthwhile achievements. I understand the financial considerations, etc of being in the Champions League but we should be big enough now to attract very good players to the club without this carrot. 

I would love to see a manager come in and bring a more bolder attacking approach so long as we're still successful. The fact is projects can be seen as a success but don't bring anything tangible at the end of them. Spurs and Liverpool are still waiting for trophies under their respective managers, whilst in that same time frame we've won 2 leagues, an FA Cup and a league cup. The fact is you have to take trophies when they are available and saviour them because you don't know when the next one will arrive.

The other thing that gets lost amongst this is that consistently winning trophies, no matter how insignificant some fans may deem them, breeds a winning mentality and culture throughout the club. A lot of players have come in since last season so it was important for them to start winning as soon as possible. It keeps the hunger of doing it again and develops the experience of playing and winning finals under pressure. Other teams don't have that.

2 hours ago, Jason said:

imo Conte staying the whole season already is huge change in Roman's approach towards managers. Few years ago he would be gone before the end of last year. 

Yeah....

Seems Conte doesn't get on well with the Brazilians we've had. Fallen out with all of them. Diego, David Luiz, and now clearly Willian. And we know what happens when the players are unhappy with the manager.