The Conte Thread

11 minutes ago, Mana said:

Except Kante is more consistent on being a beast in midfield. Off days happen. Hazard is not consistent at all. As I said before, he hasn't been his best in more games, than he has been at best for the past 3 years.

Impossible? Tell that to Messi, Ronaldo and other actual consistent WC players out there.

I meant it's impossible to switch effort and attitude on and off and suddenly switch it on and be world class whenever you please. If Hazard had such attitude he would have gone down a Ballotelli esque path at best.

Hazard"s only inconsistent if you are judging the consistency line at his very highest level, he's that good that even at 50% he's still most of our attack.

7 minutes ago, Cosmin said:

Well, his actual attitude someone speaks volumes. He looks lazy and like he doesn't give a crap.

Also, his statements lately don't do him any justice either on that aspect.

Literally every interview i have ever seen from him he comes across as a great with excellent character, he evidently gets on well with his teammates and the few occasions he'a a sub he's always talking to his teammates having a laugh etc... Yet you get even a section of his own fanbase talking about him like we have Ballotelli mark 2.

4 minutes ago, Mana said:

Maybe that's why he's been sub-par all season. Turned off his effort, and when he tries to turn it back on he struggles. I'm sorry, but we all know Hazard could do way better than he is currently performing. We've seen it before. Unless he can't do it no more.

All season? He produced some of his best displays in a Chelsea shirt in the first half of this season.

4 minutes ago, Mana said:

That's because he's unfortunately the only attacking player this season that carries any kind of threat (Willian at one small point though).

Even when he had in form Cesc, Costa and Mata before that he was still the main danger in attack.

1 minute ago, Mana said:

...and why did he suddenly turned sub-par in the 2nd half of the season? It's the Costa thing all over again minus the bad ego/drama.

That's why I personally think he's involved in this player power thing.

Not even close to Costa, he looked like he never even played proffesionally before when he fell. Most games Hazard still gives us a threat even when below par, there's the odd game he was bad (Arsenal at home in the cup)  but in general he is usually one of the best on both teams statistically atleast.

18 minutes ago, Mana said:

When I'm talking about the Costa situation happening again, I meant that a drop of performance has happened for the remainder of the season.

"Butbutbutbut...it's hard to maintain that level!"

Salah did. KDB did. No excuse on that.

KDB dropped off last season in a similar way Hazard did this.

And to expand on @Belgiannuttcomment re the systems, Hazard being as good as he has been for us is the equivalent of a defender being a rock for a Brendan Rodgers team.

7 minutes ago, Mana said:

I'm sure if it weren't for Salah, Pool wouldn't be in the CL final, nor made 4th place. They relied on him.

KDB you may have a case, but City wouldn't have dominated the league like they have, if they didn't have KDB. KDB consistent passing and attack is why KDB is the 2nd best player in the PL. 

They had dips, but that's dips. If Hazard had small dips, I won't be having a go at Hazard. The problem was he had a drop of performance since 2018, and it remained that way until the end of the season.

Ofcourse Salah and KDB played a big part in their teams succes and performance this season but it wasn't just them though. Their entire team performed well. It wasn't just them that performed.

That's the thing Hazard's dips and KDB and Salah's dips are similar but KDB and Salah's teams kept performing so it wasn't that noticeable. They kept getting into dangerous areas even when they weren't in form because other players were carrying the attack.

Once Hazard's form drops we aren't getting into dangerous areas anymore. 

This is a team sport.  Individual performances effect team performance while team performance also effects individual performances ( a player will find it more difficult to play well when his entire team is playing poorly. Similarly if his team is playing well he'll still get opportunities to score and assist even when that player is in poor form). 

Also side note, think you're exaggerrating Hazard's drop in form. He was still performing well in january and february(7 goals and 3 assists in those 2 months.) He had a poor march and halfway through april.

Then he performed well again (not saying he was super form but he was good) till the last game against Newcastle where pretty much the entire team was shit.

Tuchel took charge at Paris, Mancini at the Italian NT, Allegri is going to stay at Juventus for at least another season and Napoli have Ancelotti lined up should Sarri leave.

It's the jobs Conte's been linked to for the past months and frankly, watching his last interviews, it gives me the feeling that the situation has completely changed now - He moaned all season and I had the feeling he does not want to be here anymore, but now it seems he looks out of alternatives (no top clubs in need of a new manager) and he'd be willing to stay, but frankly I have no idea what the board thinks of him anymore. Maybe an FA Cup triumph could save his job.

Personally I'm advocating for his stay if it means we're not getting the likes of Luis Enrique. But with two conditions - a total change in attitude and tactics.

For all the flaws in this squad, he's been at fault also for this bad season because of his constant moaning. Disrupted the atmosphere for the start of the season and he's looked a shadow of his former self.

Also a change in tactics is needed. This five at the back shite is outdated and totally not fitted for a big club.

6 hours ago, petre.ispirescu said:

Tuchel took charge at Paris, Mancini at the Italian NT, Allegri is going to stay at Juventus for at least another season and Napoli have Ancelotti lined up should Sarri leave.

It's the jobs Conte's been linked to for the past months and frankly, watching his last interviews, it gives me the feeling that the situation has completely changed now - He moaned all season and I had the feeling he does not want to be here anymore, but now it seems he looks out of alternatives (no top clubs in need of a new manager) and he'd be willing to stay, but frankly I have no idea what the board thinks of him anymore. Maybe an FA Cup triumph could save his job.

Personally I'm advocating for his stay if it means we're not getting the likes of Luis Enrique. But with two conditions - a total change in attitude and tactics.

For all the flaws in this squad, he's been at fault also for this bad season because of his constant moaning. Disrupted the atmosphere for the start of the season and he's looked a shadow of his former self.

Also a change in tactics is needed. This five at the back shite is outdated and totally not fitted for a big club.

100%

League title in 1st season

FA Cup in 2nd 

Doesn’t sound too bad but I personally don’t want to watch another season of this poor excuse for football. His subs are often too late and his tactics are ugly. 

The board didn’t back him but I can’t see how this team would be playing any different. The squad needs huge changes and I don’t think his style of play should warrant huge investment. I personally would rather someone else come in who plays exciting football and not this dinosaur style of play. 

Invest in a new philosophy 

Even Hazard just had a dig at our boring play 

15 minutes ago, MrExcalibur100 said:

That was some shockingly defensive stuff even by his standards. Lets be honest any half decent coach could have done what he's done today. It doesn't take anything special to nick a goal and defend for 75 mins. Time to go. 

Today was understandable but your right we need a new direction. Good way to leave on a high now we can remember his good times rather than the last few months.