The Conte Thread

On 27/5/2018 at 4:11 PM, Belgiannutt said:

Shit on a stick football this season and no CL next season. These are facts aswell. 

His first season was great, his second was very very poor an FA cup doesn't change that. 

his second season was very poor because of the ridiculous market the board made. 

with these players what do you expect? to win the CL? 

8 minutes ago, Antonio8 said:

his second season was very poor because of the ridiculous market the board made. 

No, but equally i don't expect back to back three goal reverses to Bournemouth and Watford.

2 minutes ago, Antonio8 said:

No one expected him to win the CL or even win the league this season. 

But this team was capable of getting a top 4 finish. If Conte had spent more time coaching instead of whining and moaning we could have been playing in the CL next season.

He made countless of mistakes this season that cost us points. 

4 minutes ago, Belgiannutt said:

No one expected him to win the CL or even win the league this season. 

But this team was capable of getting a top 4 finish. If Conte had spent more time coaching instead of whining and moaning we could have been playing in the CL next season.

He made countless of mistakes this season that cost us points. 

I never saw Conte kick the ball once the lazy bastard!

Mate. The players are the ones out there on the pitch.

OK he picked a dodgy player now n then and his subs coulda been better but that doesn't take away from the fact that the other players out there coulda taken their thumbs out of their arses!

They were piles of shite in some games yet the very same teams played great in others.

1 minute ago, Unionjack said:

I never saw Conte kick the ball once the lazy bastard!

Mate. The players are the ones out there on the pitch.

OK he picked a dodgy player now n then and his subs coulda been better but that doesn't take away from the fact that the other players out there coulda taken their thumbs out of their arses!

They were piles of shite in some games yet the very same teams played great in others.

The players and the board aren't without blame for this season but Conte has to take a significant amount of it aswell. There were plenty of times this season we were completely outplayed from a tactical standpoint.

That is on the manager. This season our back three system was found out and Conte had no answer for it. 

Apart from that he also didn't show the same level of energy, commitment and fire he did in his his first season here. 

10 minutes ago, Belgiannutt said:

he also didn't show the same level of energy, commitment

But not one of the players apart from Kante did neither.

It was a season of mistakes all round but it seems that players get much more leeway and understanding than the manager that gave us a record breaking season the year before. The players bitched and moaned about him from the start saying his training sessions were so hard. And they never stopped. That sort of thing must get to a manager in the end. Players spitting their dummys out if they dont get their own way. Its ridiculous. I know if I did it at a job my arse would get kicked and a written warning. Our lads get a payrise.

Yes this has all gone too far and its too late to retrieve it unless there was some very clear the air talking between them all. But les see next summer how the season goes and what the odds will be for a 2nd.

The day we get a manager or even half a team that we all agree about I will run naked down Fulham Broadway - again!

22 hours ago, Tomo said:

No, but equally i don't expect back to back three goal reverses to Bournemouth and Watford.

when the players understand that the board want to sack the coach, these kind of things happen

6 minutes ago, Antonio8 said:

when the players understand that the board want to sack the coach, these kind of things happen

So in other words, when we do well it's because Conte's a genius, but when we don't it's everyone else's fault bar his? got it!!!

23 hours ago, Unionjack said:

Players spitting their dummys out if they dont get their own way. Its ridiculous. I know if I did it at a job my arse would get kicked and a written warning. Our lads get a payrise.

Couldn't the same thing be said about Conte though ? The board are his employers. He's been bitching and moaning about them since january. 

How long do you think you'd still be at a job if you publicly bitch and moan about how poor your bosses are doing while doing a piss poor job yourself ? 

1 hour ago, Belgiannutt said:

Couldn't the same thing be said about Conte though ? The board are his employers. He's been bitching and moaning about them since january. 

How long do you think you'd still be at a job if you publicly bitch and moan about how poor your bosses are doing while doing a piss poor job yourself ? 

But I can understand why Conte was pissed, EVERY club strengthens after a league win apart from us.

Hes not been given any kind of support from the board since day 1. All that crap saying he was going to be sacked after just a few games. All the board needed to do as make 1 little statement saying conte is our manager and has our backing! But it never came. And all the crap between now and then with Diego etc he never had their support.

I'd be pissed off with my bosses too wouldn't you mate? And its got to wear you down 1 thing after another.

Hes not blameless about a few things but that doesn't escape from the fact that the majority of the players were 100% different to last season fir the majority of this one. They should feel ashamed of themselves instead they go galavanting on holidays like they earned it.

3 minutes ago, Unionjack said:

But I can understand why Conte was pissed, EVERY club strengthens after a league win apart from us.

Hes not been given any kind of support from the board since day 1. All that crap saying he was going to be sacked after just a few games. All the board needed to do as make 1 little statement saying conte is our manager and has our backing! But it never came. And all the crap between now and then with Diego etc he never had their support.

I'd be pissed off with my bosses too wouldn't you mate? And its got to wear you down 1 thing after another.

Hes not blameless about a few things but that doesn't escape from the fact that the majority of the players were 100% different to last season fir the majority of this one. They should feel ashamed of themselves instead they go galavanting on holidays like they earned it.

What Special juan said  "Conte had every right to be pissed but he spoke too publicly about it far too often."

Also he was backed in the Costa case. We sold Costa. We could have just as easily told Conte to bugger off or simply tell him to get over it and keep Costa. 

I don't think the players commitment this season was the major factor that made the difference between last season and this season. 

This season we lost 2 starters and their replacements simply haven't been as good. 

and like i said before the back 3 system was found out this season  and Conte didn't have an answer.  He just kept flipping between the 3-4-3 and the 3-5-2. 

12 minutes ago, Belgiannutt said:

This season we lost 2 starters and their replacements simply haven't been as good. 

But going back to when each went a large majority were all for getting rid of them for different reasons. They weren't neither playing at the top of their game. And Diego basically made it impossible for us to keep him. Just as it would be hard for Conte to stay.

Looking at how the things are going, I think it's daft to believe that getting rid of Conte will solve this club's problems.

It's dramatic how deep the lack of competence goes. I am not a spoiled brat, I do not want Roman to pump PSG money into the squad, but it's just deplorable how we're not doing anything while the other clubs are moving one way or another. Pochettino extended his contract, Arsenal has a new manager, Liverpool are already making moves, United is close to signing a defender from Porto, City are keeping their best players and don't really need much else. 

What are we doing? Roman doesn't want to invest more money? Then don't do it. Come up front and show some support to Conte, see if he wants to continue and keep him. Inform him that these are the conditions and he needs to get the best out of what he has available at this point. This club needs some stability. We lack any kind of professionalism.

2 hours ago, Cosmin said:

Looking at how the things are going, I think it's daft to believe that getting rid of Conte will solve this club's problems.

It's dramatic how deep the lack of competence goes. I am not a spoiled brat, I do not want Roman to pump PSG money into the squad, but it's just deplorable how we're not doing anything while the other clubs are moving one way or another. Pochettino extended his contract, Arsenal has a new manager, Liverpool are already making moves, United is close to signing a defender from Porto, City are keeping their best players and don't really need much else. 

What are we doing? Roman doesn't want to invest more money? Then don't do it. Come up front and show some support to Conte, see if he wants to continue and keep him. Inform him that these are the conditions and he needs to get the best out of what he has available at this point. This club needs some stability. We lack any kind of professionalism.

But keeping Conte will solve it ? :lol:

I think it's just as daft to actually want Conte to stay after this poor season.  Quite frankjly he's burned that bridge himself by constantly bitching, moaning and sulking about the board. 

Second part of the season did Conte actually look like he wanted to be here ? 

"Roman doesn't want to invest more money? Then don't do it. Come up front and show some support to Conte, see if he wants to continue and keep him. Inform him that these are the conditions and he needs to get the best out of what he has available at this point."

You really think the board didn't already tell him that this season ? and what was the result, bitching, moaning, sulking. 

3 hours ago, Unionjack said:

That"s not exactly true is it? No Champion in England have significantly strengthened since United in 2007, 11 years ago. That's doesn't excuse us, but lets not go all grass is greener on the other side here.