The Conte Thread

46 minutes ago, It's too big said:

Utd do not have a great squad, and City have two "world class" players. 

Agree on United (because of their weaknesses in defense), but not on city... for me they have 3+ players of hazard level - give or take form.

8 hours ago, It's too big said:

Hindsight is a wonderful thing. Did you still think that squad was average straight after winning the league? I highly doubt it. 

Yes, it was an average squad. I said last year when we won and somebody created a thread asking whether that team was the our best  ever team.I said Individually that team is average but as a team it was good. We won last year simply because everyone was confused how to play 343,now 343 is not a surprised anymore. 

For me our biggest problem this season was failing to sign damn good wb. I don't care what formation Conte want to play but if he want to play 343,The two wb has to be really good.  Our two first choiceS wb are Moses who has awful final delivery and Alonso who is too slow and awful at one on one against winger. 

If he had any dignity, he would resign if he was so dissatisfied, but first he wants to drag the club's season into oblivion to make his point about not being supported by apathetically being creatively and proactively inadequate in his tactics, man-management, training sessions. I expect nothing more than a thrashing tmrw where he starts all that impotent dross of Alonso, Morata, etc. with his useless, obsolete, clusterfucked formation. The day he  and his toxic ego finally f*ck off will be a huge and infinitely deep breath of fresh air and regeneration of the club's health.

“If the relationship can be somehow improved, it has to be done. If the two parts want it.”

“If Chelsea loses Antonio, they are losing a very good coach. But if Antonio loses Chelsea, he is a losing a very special club. I don’t think the relatinoship is only one way.

“I’m saying it to Antonio and I am saying it to the club as well. So if the relationship can be fixed, it would be good for both of them.”

“If you want to be competitive, spending is not enough anymore,”

Gianfranco Zola #Mirror

18 hours ago, Fernando said:

The problem is the board hiring a manager with ambition and they don't have it. 

Need to get a manager that is like Wenger, okay to be stuck in mediocrity. 

Idiot fans can debate the manager and the squad, but this is exactly what is wrong: the board don't demonstrate the necessary vision and bravery required to even begin talking about "ambition." Therefore, a big name manager's hope will not be matched by Chelsea's office.

Next Chelsea big manager = same problem (unless, as you say, Fernando, the next manager accepts mediocrity as the goal).

And, as Zola suggests, the mending of a relationship between club and Conte is a two-way process. On the one hand, the club hasn't demonstrated the vision, nor ambition for years already and Conte doesn't necessarily demonstrate the courage or confidence to play other players (regardless of what side he has managed IMHO).

For me, it's been the same problem since the first firing of Jose Mourinho over a decade ago. Don't know what they're doing while there were strong players along the way to pull the club into trophy contention; the club lacked vision and cohesion regardless.

I was thinking about Conte OUT at the end of the season but I think its best he is dismissed now. He doesn't even give a fuck anymore and I don't give a fuck about him either. Fucking pathetic on every level