The Conte Thread

3 minutes ago, MrExcalibur100 said:

More comedy from our resident stand up act: 

This tells you everything you need to know about this guy. He's totally lost his senses. Always in fear of the opposition, in awe of them thinking about how they can hurt us not how we can damage them. That's the difference between him and managers like Guardiola who set up their teams to impose its will on the opposition.

Looking for Hazard to create what exactly? No one in blue was even remotely near him for 90% of his time on the pitch and his "service" was aeriel balls like he was Drogba not a 5'8 winger. Laughable on so many levels

I don't know what planet he's on really. 

Exactly....We need to think how we can hurt opponent by scoring 3 nil or 4 nil.....Not the other way around..Obviously there should be balance..this is the problem with pragmatic managers...Thought he was different from mourinho

He is talking like a relegation threatened manager who is pleased to lose only 1-0 to City, as if the GD will help in his team not getting relegated. Thanks for everything, but if you're not interested, please leave Antonio.

I’d rather lose 3-0 but have shots on goal and exciting attacks rather than anti football. 

Roman needs to think hard about what the club wants to be seen as globally. Playing like that with no ambition or intent will not attract fans or players to this club. 

I personally don’t like being a defensive/counter attacking team. I want to see attacking/direct football being played here. 

The team needs revamping and now would be a good time to get in a manager who wants to play exciting football that pleases the fans.

Invest big and put faith in a manager or stay in this never ending cycle. 

We are currently miles behind City in quality, results, excitement and depth.

That was an absolute embarrassment which made the United game look half decent compared to today. 

5 minutes ago, MrExcalibur100 said:

I remember when I got heated when Mourinho said this guy was negative lol. Those were the times. 

They’re both of the same ilk, that’s why Jose could tell. Two of the most pragmatic managers in the world. 

When Conte goes, we need to employ someone who wants his team to take initiative and be the bully. Someone who is about attacking and asserting dominance. No more rigid structure and setting up to contain first and hoping for chances here and there.

I've loved Conte and his passion but it's clear he's lost it at Chelsea. I think if he's given a better chance to succeed at a more ambitious club he'll be back at the top in no time. Maybe PSG or Milan.

5 minutes ago, FabHazard said:

Mr Abramovich ...Please tell what you want to see from chelsea football club....Is it attacking football? then please fucking hire an attacking coach

Abramovich doesn't want anyone telling him what to do. He thinks he knows everything there is about football. I think he actually likes it this way. The chaos and everyone pandering to his whim. 

Maybe becuase they acted as auxillary fullbacks which is what Conte and managers with his mentality fantasize about. They hate natural talent and flair but love the workhorse mentality. Conte is the gift that keeps on giving right now with his comments. 

1 hour ago, Blue-in-me-Veins said:

This man is going to drive away Hazard and Courtois as his final parting gift to Chelsea.

Roman cannot let that happen. 

I'm afraid damage is already done but we must try something to change the course of this club. And that starts by sacking Conte immediately. A more attack-minded interim coach could play 4-3-3 with this squad for the rest of the season.

Courtois

Azpilicueta - Christensen - Rudiger - Emerson

Kante - Fabregas/Drinkwater - Willian

Pedro - Giroud - Hazard

Today was a really hard watch. I can, to a degree, accept us losing badly to Bournemouth or Watford as every team will have a bad performance or get whacked now and again, but the set up and tactics of the team today I cannot accept whatsoever.

A huge amount of this problem lies with the board though. We have not had a plan since Abramovich brought the club. Two of our most successful managers during this time are Conte and Mourinho who, whilst they excel tactically, are both reserved and careful in their tactics and set up of the team. Managers that set up in a more attack minded approach usually need more time to bring their style across to the team and need round pegs in round holes to suit this style. We have shown that we are not prepared to offer managers either.

Even Guardiola was afforded time at City because it was not something he could achieve overnight. People forget that City only just limped into the top 4 last season.

I want to see changes next season, but that isn't just the manager, the whole club needs to change its approach and develop a project which hopefully in 2 or 3 seasons time give us a team that will play attack minded football and look to force their approach on even the best teams, rather than worry about the opposition. City buying someone like Sane and giving him the time and patience to develop and gain confidence is bearing fruit...if only we had done this with the likes of Salah, De Bruyne and Lukaku.